Brandon, FL

Posted October 30, 2014
We have been at Limona for a year and a half. It has been a great experience! My daughter has loved both her teachers (both of whom were very welcoming of my desire to help in the classroom). Their new receptionist is very kind and always trys to find an answer to your question. I personally have been very impressed with the new principal that started back in March. I always see her treating the children with compassion, literally getting down on their level, even when you would think no one is looking. She is very active on campus and the kids seem to respond well to her. We are looking forward to another great year!

Limona Elementary School 4

Posted June 22, 2014
I have no problem with this school except with the front office they need to smile a little bit more and not be so scary to the children

Posted September 05, 2013
Our son attended 2 years at Limona. Believe what you read about rude & uncaring staff. The front office staff never smiles and we were never greeted friendly. Our son has medical issues (stomach) & under doctors care; the school was well aware of this. However, they did not mention anything ALL year about putting him on a 504 Plan in order to assist our son; rather their solution was to hold him back. The "assistant nurse" is a joke. She has yelled at our son on several occasions; making our son cry. His 1st grade teacher was great but she is now retired. His 2nd grade teacher, is related to the "assistant nurse" and she also has a habit of yelling at the children. When addressing these concerns with the Principle she seemed involved but always took the side the teacher/nurse and not for the best interest of our son. We are not the type of people to complain but this school seriously needs to be evaluated. Their test scores may be high but their genuine concern for children is lacking, to say the least. We have since transferred to the school down the road and are extremely happy that we did. Our son actually looks forward to going to school now.

Posted September 27, 2011
I couldn't agree more.. This school has some very rude staff who does no wrong. My son has felt uncomfortable since he started and for good reason. His one teacher could care less how he is adjusting and brushes him off as annoying. My daughter tells me her teacher is too busy to listen to her when she is having a problem. The lady walking around directing cars for student pick up has a chip on her shoulder and is very rude with no consideration to the parents. the front desk however, seems genuine about concerns with parents and students.. it would be nice if other staff members could follow.

Posted August 19, 2011
Best elementary school in the Brandon area, didn't think I would be back but here Iam with another grand child

Posted March 11, 2011
My daughter attended Limona a few years ago & now I pick-up kids for my after school program and through all the 8 years I've been associated with this school I can say I've had nothing but the best things to say about the teachers, principal and the car/bus line!!! Thank-you, from The After School Academy

Posted October 07, 2010
I had to respond regarding the poster who said the principal and the front office staff could be more friendly. I find that to be the opposite. They know me when I go there even tho I am not one of the parents who hangs around helping in class, etc. The principal handled a complaint of mine very professionally and took me seriously. I guess it's just hard for them to convince a parent they are wrong in a nice way, when, in fact they are wrong. I also guess it's hard to be friendly with a parent who has a chip on her shoulder. ;)

Posted May 26, 2010
My son attened Limona for 3 years and my daughter is now in her 3rd year there as well, so I've had a few yrs to form an opinion. The teachers are great, although there seems to be a clique amongst them & their children (who attend Limona) which can make many situations uncomfortable for the kids & parents. The principal is very unfriendly, biased & can be blantantly rude. She doesnt care to actually listen to your side of any story, their school or staff do no wrong and they never accept responsibilty for anything. And the ladies in the front office could be nicer, they must really hate their job because they are always in a bad mood! Limona would be a GREAT school if it had a friendlier & less biased leadership and staff!

Posted May 25, 2010
I see where one of the prior reviews states that Limona is overcrowded. I beg to differ. I have two children in Limona and one has 15 kids in her class and the other 16. I think that is awesome!

Posted May 25, 2010
I took my son out of this school and feel it was a good decision., He was at Limona three years, the teachers could not control the bad behavior in the classrooms and many times the bad behavior was what recd lots of attn and good students were left to fend for themselves. I met with the teacher and principal multiple times and I truly feel the principal would say things that weren't true and she tried to make me feel like I was being overly judgmental. I think the principal made statements that were just words that sounded good but had no basis in fact. I had a meeting with the asst principal and she upset my son by disregarding his feelings so much he didn't want to go back to the school. The teacher favored the girls over the boys and had a hard time controlling the class.

Limona Elementary School
1115 Telfair Road, Brandon, FL  33510
Last modified Limona Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Limona Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top