1,096 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

Develops character: Neutral

Still getting a feel for the school since my son has only been there about a month

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

my son talks really good about his teachers. totally the opposite he used to do in the previews school.

Amount of homework: Neutral

giving homework to the students should help the teachers learn where the students need the assistance since they have to do the work based on what they learned and this way have the parents involved on what is needed and expected to improve

My son is currently in 7th grade. Coming from A Charter School and being Honor Roll student from K-5th grade, once we moved into the area he was assigned to Rodgers (horrible option but only one) grades went from A-B to D-F & 1-C. After 3 months I decided to move to Mann school area so he had to change schools...within 3 1/2 weeks right before Christmas break grades went up to A-B & 1-C. Talk about a change. Principal very nice very positive (have hear her talk to others not myself), counselor very supportive and interested in the child's future, very helpful and realistic. Loved it. My son is finally back at his normal grades and was the highest score in the Math test. When the teacher realized his potential spoke to his counselor and he was right away transferred to Honors Math. That's when you really pay attention to the kids, their knowledge, their advancement and you try your best to help them keep improving.That's the meaning of a TEACHER. Always push them to do better. The school might have a low grade but the teachers do help the students to do their best. Is not an A charter school which is what we're used to but is a great school and my son, my self and his dad are happy with the changes and progress. NOTE of improvement: teachers should be more strong and serious with the students when taking these state exams which are not easy at all reason for the school grade to be so low. Maybe having a 1 on 1 or group sessions and of course involving more the parents for assistance. Most of us the what we can for the future of our children.

My daughter is currently in 7th grade here. I must admit I was nervous with switching her from Mulrennan to Mann , however they have by far exceeded my expectations. My daughter is consistently on the principal honor roll and has more friends this year than the past two combined. When my daughter had questions with math her teacher Mr. Jenson didn't hesitate to let her come in early and stay after school to help ensure she was ready for her exam. The overall appearance of the school needs some updating but other than that I cant say one negative thing!

My son is on honor roll ! Good school ! Thank you ! I'm so proud ! Best move to here ever !!

Unless your children are in advanced or honors class don't send them here. The students in average classes end up end class sizes of 30 or more disruptive non-motivated students.

Worst school ever!! This school could care less for the student well being. From students up to teachers who support bullying. You get more response from a brick wall than the principal. Horrible treatement. Don't seam to handle or properly address any issue. They care more about clocking in and out for a paycheck. Had to rate one star, because it's the least allowed.

My son really enjoys his teachers, and is having a great time learning and growing in Mann.

Last modified Mann Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.