Brandon, FL
Students enrolled: 1,260

Burns Middle School 2

Posted May 07, 2015
My 3rd and youngest is currently in 8th grade and I can't wait until he's done at that school. The majority if the faculty is rude and treats the kids horribly. They expect automatic respect even though they don't show it - it's a 2-way street. They gossip about the kids, warning each other about certain kids, effectively killing that kids chance of changing for the better. Kids are always smoking e-cigs and blunts (filled with pot) in the bathroom, kissing and fondling in areas teachers don't, monitor. Kids are horrible and there isn't a consistent discipline plan.

Burns Middle School 2

Posted October 18, 2014
My daughter attended 6th and now 7th grade and is in advanced honors classes. 6th grade was great, but 7th grade has been a nightmare! Kids kissing on premises, cursing and the sexting is crazy our of control! I caught my daughter sexting and called the guidance councelor and she didnt seem to think it was a BIG deal! My daughter is 12! This is not normal. She didnt call the boy in the office or even offer to have a parent to parent meeting. I am transferring her out of this school as soon as I can.

Posted July 29, 2012
a great school i went there has great classes you learn a lot the saying not in our house!!

Burns Middle School 4

Posted August 01, 2011
Okay school. I've only gone for a year and I don't like it. Rude people. We had 7th graders drinking in the car pool. Trust me, you won't like it in the long run. Not all teachers are the best, but there are some really good ones.

Posted March 23, 2011
One of the Best Middle Schools in the country! High School level Academics, Caring Teachers and Staff, Outstanding Music Dept. especially the Orchestra.

Burns Middle School

Posted April 25, 2010
Excellent middle school! I moved into the area to get my son away from McClane Middle School. I was partially nervous that all middle schools were the same, but Burns was great! Every teacher my son had has been very caring, they actually care about the students, not just their paycheck. My only warning would be about the PE department. If you have a child with any condition that can cut into PE time, there are a couple of PE teachers who will give your child a hard time. Be prepared to get involved and do NOT let him intimidate you.

Posted June 11, 2009
Hey I went totally awesome and the koolioest year ive ever had academic wise and behavior wise its unbelievable

Burns Middle School 4

Posted April 27, 2009
Burns middle school is very good academically and especially the music department is great as well. My son feels at home. Thank you.

Posted January 25, 2009
Amazing leadership from Brenda Nolte. Music program one of the best in America for middle school kids in a neighborhood school. The music teachers are heroes. My kids are about to graduate high school and their success began at Burn's. Superior academics with strong, traditional teaching in all subjects.

Posted December 09, 2007
awesome middle school and encouraging

Burns Middle School
615 Brooker Road, Brandon, FL  33511
Last modified Burns Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Burns Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top