1,255 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

My child is in this school and I can't wait until its over...the high rating is misleading. The students has lost control of all moral ethics and the teachers seems to accept this behavior. Today they were showing nude pix of a female. This school needs to be re evaluated. We will not be returning. The board of education needs to look at the administration and rate this school as it should be rate. The five stars are old and null and void

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

I reported a couple of incidents in the school. That was disturbing such as female student displaying condoms in the girls locker room.

Amount of homework: Agree

My child loves homework so I saw no problem with her keeping ip the assignments

Develops character: Disagree

Students and teachers should be held accountable for misbehaving and the teachers should take a personal interested in what is going on in this school. From drugs, sex, nude photos to fighting.

My 3rd and youngest is currently in 8th grade and I can't wait until he's done at that school. The majority if the faculty is rude and treats the kids horribly. They expect automatic respect even though they don't show it - it's a 2-way street. They gossip about the kids, warning each other about certain kids, effectively killing that kids chance of changing for the better. Kids are always smoking e-cigs and blunts (filled with pot) in the bathroom, kissing and fondling in areas teachers don't, monitor. Kids are horrible and there isn't a consistent discipline plan.

My daughter attended 6th and now 7th grade and is in advanced honors classes. 6th grade was great, but 7th grade has been a nightmare! Kids kissing on premises, cursing and the sexting is crazy our of control! I caught my daughter sexting and called the guidance councelor and she didnt seem to think it was a BIG deal! My daughter is 12! This is not normal. She didnt call the boy in the office or even offer to have a parent to parent meeting. I am transferring her out of this school as soon as I can.

a great school i went there has great classes you learn a lot the saying not in our house!!

Okay school. I've only gone for a year and I don't like it. Rude people. We had 7th graders drinking in the car pool. Trust me, you won't like it in the long run. Not all teachers are the best, but there are some really good ones.

One of the Best Middle Schools in the country! High School level Academics, Caring Teachers and Staff, Outstanding Music Dept. especially the Orchestra.

Excellent middle school! I moved into the area to get my son away from McClane Middle School. I was partially nervous that all middle schools were the same, but Burns was great! Every teacher my son had has been very caring, they actually care about the students, not just their paycheck. My only warning would be about the PE department. If you have a child with any condition that can cut into PE time, there are a couple of PE teachers who will give your child a hard time. Be prepared to get involved and do NOT let him intimidate you.

Last modified Burns Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.