Mintz Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 840 students

Posted September 27, 2007

Great School...... Outstanding teachers'.. My daughter has been at Mintz for 2years now and Ms.Kraus and Ms.LeBlanc have been extremely helpful and caring. Mintz is a great school with wonderful teachers.

Posted August 16, 2007

Last year was our first year with school and Mintz Elementary made it a wonderful experience for us! Miss Desimone was awesome and we hope she'll be our younger son's teacher when they reach kindergarten. This school has my #1 rating as the best for both children and parents. Excellent education and friendly environment for our children to grow in!

Posted May 14, 2007

My daughter is a second grader and I absolutely love her teacher, her Kindergarten teacher was great also, in the first grade we struggled a bit with the parent teacher interaction, I thought that her first grade teachers were negative and did not care about the well being of the children and it showed, I hope the trend of good teachers will continue in the 3rd grade and foreword. I have always had the good experiences with the office staff and find them to be very helpful.

Posted November 15, 2006

I have a 1st grader & a 5th grader @ Mintz. I have nothing but great things to say about the teachers as well as the administrative staff. Mintz welcomes volunteers to help w/tutoring, lunch room, and the media center. I truly believe it is all in how you approach every issue when it comes to your child's school experience. we as parents can make it wonderful or we can make it unbearable. I have been involved w/ Mintz for 6yrs to date and have 5 more yrs to go:-)

Posted September 22, 2006

When my son first transferred in the middle of the school year it was a bad experience because steps was not taken to place him properly. The office staff is not the friendliest of people. However I must say the past two years the teachers my son has had have been WONDERFUL!! They are very informative & encourage parent involvement. They have also made learning fun. This year for the first time my son wants to go to school and enjoys learning. His teacher is awesome. Thank you Ms Patrick, Keep up the great work.

Posted September 19, 2006

After reading the other reviews that I saw from other parents I have to say that I strongly agree. I love to be involved with my children , especially their schooling, and I do feel that it is an inconvienience if I show up to visit the classroom or even help out. With 4 children and 3 years at Mintz having a total of 6 teachers (some repeated some left) I'd say I am batting 50-50 with awesome teachers. The bad seem to not care much about the students or the parents but the awesome are exceptional. Maybe a little boost for the not so caring teachers to steer them in the correct direction. I guess getting a good teacher at Mintz is like the lottery, hopefully my children will do better next year.

Posted August 11, 2006

not very impressed with the orbanizational level at this school.. parental involvement I dont feel is encouraged in the classroom...and it is discouraged for parents to show up unannounced

Posted December 7, 2005

Mintz is a wonderful neighborhood school with dedicated teachers and staff. Everyone works to make sure our students are involved in exciting learning activities each day.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted August 19, 2005

This school seemed overly crowded last year with picking students up being a nightmare. There is no parking for the parents to use in order to walk up and get students. Very congested roads.

Posted August 5, 2005

While there are some good teachers, overall there is a serious lack of communication between the staff & parents. We were made to feel like we were pestering the teachers for any information on how our children were doing. The school is overcrowded, causing many kids to be lost in the shuffle, in my opinion. We transferred our kids this year, and have heard of many other parents doing the same.

Posted July 16, 2005

When my daughter went to school a couple of years ago, they had excellent amount of resources, the only problem was that there was so many kids and just not enought classrooms, so there were portables. She had a different class everyday besides the normal classes, such as art was on mondays, computers on wednesdays and pe on fridays. The teachers were awesome! Overall a good school.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted April 19, 2005

We transferred from another school in the District that was great with the communication between parents/teachers. So I was let down when I did not receive the same from Mintz. I spoke to Mintz staff to assure my son was placed in a class that would be a best fit. The front office just took what I said and let it go in one ear and out the other. The assistant principal and Counselor never carried thru on things they said they would do. The first teacher my son had was horrible, he had no patience and had no control over the kids. The one positive thing I can say is that the principal does listen to you and works with you to resolve any issues. She was wonderful and has helped in finding a classroom that was a better fit for my son and listened to my concerns.

Posted May 21, 2004

My son has been at Mintz Elementary for almost 3 complete school years (beginning with Kindergarden). We have loved Mintz and will be very sad leaving it since we are a military family. I can say that our experience has been one of enjoyment (i.e. walking to school in the mornings, going to lunch together in the cafeteria) and enrichment (i.e. teacher conferences, PTA, clubs, competitions). Mintz is a part of our family that is hard to leave. We can only hope to find similar teachers, like those that have educated and prepared our son at Mintz Elementary, at our next duty assignment.

Posted April 8, 2004

I had/have children at this school for five years now. Most of the teachers are wonderful, some need to exercise more patience. I have found the front office staff to be non-friendly this year. When a problem does arise the assistant principal did exactly what he promised to do and handled the situation effectively. The dismal procedure needs some work, teachers refuse to dismiss students when school is over, making parents wait, sometimes as long as ten minutes because students were talking in line.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

126 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

124 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

122 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

122 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

109 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Ethnicity This school

Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2012-2013

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 2%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

1510 Heather Lakes Boulevard