Posted March 21, 2014
This is an awesome school to start with. We came from India and were worried initially about schools . My son is doing his Kindergarten in Mintz. He enjoys going to school. His teacher Ms. Moran is really awesome , friendly and caring. I could see a good improvement in his learning and speaking skills. Very happy about that. As we came from different country we spoke with his teacher to help him to get along with students and she took special efforts to make him feel comfortable. The front office people are very friendly. The way they organize the events are highly professional and we enjoy visiting the school. The teachers are really motivating. His teacher responds back to our concerns right on the same day itself. In short its a great school. Kids need to be in safe hands of good teachers and school. Mintz is one such school. If i have an option i would give 10 start rating to this school.

Mintz Elementary School 4

Posted October 08, 2013
I'm very impress in this school. This is my son second year at this school. Very helpful.

Mintz Elementary School 1

Posted September 02, 2013
The school switched my child's teacher from one to another and then gave her a "new" teacher who deemed her a behavior problem when she CLEARLY was not. Getting a call at home about her playing at lunch? Ridiculous! I knew my daughter was talented intellectually so I took her and tested her for gifted in Kindergarten. The psychologist confirmed our suspicions that she was indeed gifted and bored with the "redundant" work they were doing in class. Come to find out the "work" they were doing were things she'd learned at THREE and so have OTHER kids. Aside from that I contacted the school counselor about gifted services for my Kindergartener or about a grade skip both of which were denied. Apparently "gifted" kids aren't even identified until ALMOST SECOND GRADE and they had NOTHING for my child. I bet if she had a learning disability they'd help her. I pulled her out and she is now in Private school with a grade skip doing EXCEPTIONALLY WELL!! So much for a behavior problem!

Mintz Elementary School 1

Posted September 01, 2013
this is no a good school for kids with learning disabletys cuz tend to dis respect the kids with learning disablelatys trust me my dahter whent to mis.shclangens class and she got put in a "0% sudent club" they need to encurg them to do thare best and miss.schlangen would gossup about one sudent to the whole class wich i concider bullying.

Posted June 06, 2013
Mintz Elementary is an a great school filled with amazing and caring teachers and staff. The ESE program is wonderful, and they helped my son overcome so many challenges. I'm so blessed to have my son in this school. Thank-you to everyone at Mintz Elementary!!

Mintz Elementary School 2

Posted August 15, 2011
These reviewers must be non-working, stay at home parents. Mintz holds assemblies and events which are important to my child that I am unable to attend due to normal employment. An awards assembly at 8:30 am on a Tuesday, with the only notice coming with her report card only 1 day prior? Unacceptable. Christmas concert at 5:30pm on a weekday? Who could get there if they work in Tampa? Not me! Extremely narrow and unflexible timeframes for parent/teacher conferences, then feeling rushed if you do make it on time? How inconvenient and pointless! This school doesn't care about parent involvement.

Posted June 14, 2011
have to disagree with a few comments made below. My child has been going to school at Mintz for 3 years and I have never had a problem with the assistant principal or principal. I have been in the office when parents go "crazy" and administration has handled the situation, but as far as upsetting, wouldn't you get upset if someone is yelling in your face or where others can witness the incident. I can't relate to "special needs" situation, but from what I see the teachers and staff work very hard for each student. The only complaint I have is the school needs some cosmetic work, but that is not the administration or staffs fault...hello budget cuts! I am grateful to ALL the hard working people at Mintz for what they do for our future generation. I don't think many people could do what teachers and staff do to run an elementary school or any school for that matter. Unfortunately, teachers today are getting "pounded" on by society and the lack of respect for what they do is ridiculous if you ask me, yet they still do it every day and I am sure its not for a paycheck!! WE LOVE MINTZ! Thanks for a great year, looking forward to the next one!

Mintz Elementary School 3

Posted May 24, 2011
Terrible school for kids with special needs! When my daughter first started at Mintz last year, she had an amazing teacher who knew exactly how to handle her emotional and behavioral disabilities. She communicated matters well also. This year, I see the full extent to which matters get handled for children who have special needs -- they basically don't get handled. We have asked and practically begged for help from the school and they are only willing to do the absolute minimum necessary. If we ask for something to be adjusted in accomodations, we've noticed that they have been adjusted in the opposite direction in which we have requested, thus causing further problems with our daughter. I also agree with another poster that the assistant principal is rude and can't handle any matters that "might upset her". The principal too seems cold and uncaring. The bottom line is that MIntz is a decent school IF and ONLY IF your child is perfectly "normal" and has NO social, behavioral or emotional problems whatsoever. If your child does, keep looking for another school as this school will cause greater emotional and behavioral problems within your child.

Posted November 06, 2010
This is our first year and we are very impressed. It's nice to have a lunchroom, gym, classroom with windows and wonderful teachers! They ongoing testing is great for kids to grow and develop.

Mintz Elementary School 2

Posted October 27, 2010
When we started at Mintz 3 years ago it was a very remarkable school, however fast forwarding to today it is a distant memory. The teachers are basically just like picking the lottery. The first year we had some great teachers. The second year we had to request to have our kids switched and when we did that it felt like we had been black listed. The assistant principal is extremely rude. She will interrupt in the middle of a parent/teacher conference and act like it is nothing. When we bring concerns to the principal she knows nothing and takes no responsibility for anything happening at the school. This has carried on to this year as well. If you want a school where no one is held accountable and where flying under the radar is norm then Mintz is great! I rather be a hands on parent!

Mintz Elementary School
1510 Heather Lakes Boulevard, Brandon, FL  33511
Last modified Mintz Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mintz Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top