Posted September 17, 2014
What a great start to a school year. My husband and I searched for a school similar to what we had in Virginia and it was not easy but this school has the same educational values we had back home. I love the field trips and parents are actually welcomed to attend! Can wait for my youngest to start here.

Posted April 29, 2014
I am so concerned about high school In the Brandon area. There does not seem to be a viable option. My children attend BA and love it and the educational level is second to none. I am actively searching the Tampa area school who has the same educational standards but also has the family feel that this school has.

Posted October 20, 2013
My son has completed four years at Brandon Academy (BA) and is working on his fifth year. My son has ADHD and has had several disruptive incidents at school that you would expect to end up with a request to remove the child. However, the teachers and principal indicated their willingness to continue working with my son as long as my husband and I continue to show we are working with him, too. In other words, BA expects parents to be partners with the school throughout the child's tenure (shocking, I know). I love how involved most parents are with the school's events. The academic standards are high, and the teachers challenge the students to work above grade level in most areas. Extracurricular and physical activities remain a part of the curriculum, which helps keep my son active and healthy, mentally and physically. The school administration occasionally make decisions with which I disagree, but I have seen them adjust their decisions based on input from parents and teachers. Although my son is not close to high school yet, I do worry about how any high school can come close to the quality of the BA experience. My son looks forward to school every day even after four years!

Posted August 08, 2013
Brandon Academy continues to be such a blessing to my family. My children have attended this school since they were 4 years old. The quality of the education is superior. The teachers are so caring and clearly love what they do. All of the children at this school seem so happy. I know as we approach the beginning of a new school year, my children are so excited to go back to school. I believe this is very rare. The other children in our neighborhood who go to other schools are dreading school starting next week but my kids can't wait. Anyone looking for a school that will inspire this reaction to learning should not hesitate to take a tour of this school. It will be obvious the minute you walk into the door that this place is special.

Brandon Academy 1

Posted May 13, 2013
The teaching staff in many areas is wonderful. There are classes that have no order and heaven help you if you try to switch or complain. You are targeted by the admin and labeled a problem parent. I have watched this happen to new and old families. If you enhance the reputation of the school or have enough money you are the favorites of the Head of school. This school used to be great and now it is becoming pathetic and no longer holds the same high academic standards of years past. They have run off several great teachers and families because they cannot look at what is best for the school. They look for the no confrontation most money way out.

Brandon Academy 3

Posted April 11, 2013
We relocated to the Tampa Bay Area in a hurry and found this school to have everything we wanted for our son. We appreciate the love and caring of the teachers there. The school has high academic standards, a great curriculum, and numerous extra curricular activities. However, if your child has an IEP, ADHD, or any other special need in which they might need more individualized attention, you might want to keep looking. After 2 meltdowns during his 2nd year there, our 7 year old was asked to be removed from the school. Since this happened, he still cries himself to sleep sometimes because he misses his school and his friends so much. He is an A student, friendly, loving and never agressive, yet because they did not know how to redirect him, he is temporarily at another school until we can find something better in the area, or relocate to another part of town. 3 months later, and they have yet to provide a valid reasonnor an apology.

Posted March 20, 2013
We are ending our first year in Brandon Academy and we couldn't be happier. The teachers are just amazing, the academics are excellent, and the kids get to be involved in many different activities throughout the day/year. Both my kids LOVE to go to school. This is really a great school!

Brandon Academy 1

Posted July 26, 2012
I am not happy with this school. If your child has a Mckay scholarship and requires speech then don't bother going to this school as they do not offer speech therapy at the school. The thing I am most bothered with is that I was told by the Principal that some thing was wrong with my child because he was misbehaving and showing behavior that I did not see at home. When I took my child to a specialist because I was concerned it turned out there was nothing really wrong. We just needed to work on his behavior some. Interestingly he is behaving quite well at summer camp so it makes me think that the school was the problem. They couldn't handle the situation properly and wanted to drop my son from the school. I found a better school that appears to have some wonderful, compassionate and understanding staff.

Posted February 16, 2012
Great school, wish it went through high school. Tough to find any this good my day. Great value too.

Posted November 22, 2011
I LOVE THIS SCHOOL! I attended BA for nine years and made many great friend whom I still stay in touch with. These are friendships that will never be forgotten. My teachers were excellent and very helpful. I miss my years at BA and try to visit often.

Brandon Academy