Immanuel Lutheran School

Private | PK-8

Living in Brandon

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $110,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,040.

Sweep tile

Posted February 23, 2014

This school is awful. Outdated facilities, curriculum, and they use their religious beliefs to control your interaction and involvement I the children's education.

Posted March 11, 2013

Love this school!!! Teachers are very energetic with great ideas and a sincere care for the children. They love teaching and it shows. Kids are very respectful and care for each other.

Posted October 23, 2012

Immanuel Lutheran School provides a great education in a Christian learning environment. Our daghter has attended Immanuel since kindergarten and we could not ask for a better experience. Not only has she developed close friends at school but our family has become close friends with many of the parents.

Posted March 23, 2012

Immanuel Lutheran School is outstanding! I've been attending ILS for eight years now. I'm currently in the 7th grade. My older sibling also attended ILS for 9 years. I was around alot when I was a small child. I always felt welcome. Immanuel is my home-away from home. Some improvment I believe the school could use is not being so strict on the dress code. Other than that, it's a fantastic school enviorment. Are grades are PreK-8th grade. The classes are very informative, and the after school extra curricular activities are wonderful. Whatever grade your in,I can assure that you will have a great friendship with the whole student/staff body. The teachers and staff are all kindhearted and trustworthy. I know I can come to them with any problems I have :)) Thanks, -Student

Posted January 30, 2012

The pinciple is great they have a new system for iformation Sycamore. The teacher student ratio is low. The school is very family oriented with several after school activities.

Posted February 11, 2011

Very good school - teachers who actually teach, structure, discipline and religious (moral) values evident. Good activities for kids - band, chorus, sports. Family atmosphere. Small class size and personal attention. Faculty and staff know all kids by name. Qualified teachers with strong educational/academic backgrounds. Very glad we send our child here - he was originally in public school and we made the switch to private when we moved from out of state.

Posted June 3, 2010

Problems with discipline. It appears that the new leadership (principal) which was anticipated to make changes just has not happened. Edline is not used consistently and effectively. Great participation from parents. Strong friendships form with classmates.

Posted October 4, 2009

Immanuel Lutheran maintains very high educational standards. Whereas I have grave concerns about the public school system, I believe students attending Immanuel will enter their adult life with an advantage.

Posted May 20, 2009

Our child has attended ILS for the last 2 years (7th & 8th grades). What a great experience it has been! The level of one on one involvement, caring, and patience the teachers invest in the children are amazing. Education, happiness, and wellbeing of the children are top priority at this school.

Posted September 25, 2007

I went to ILS for 5th grade and middle school. It was a great opportunity, you make great friendships (long lasting at that), and you are cared for and respected as an individual. Obviously religious observances are expected, however the school does an amazing job at not overstepping boundaries, setting strong academics alongside faith. It was an amazing way to prepare for high school. I hope that they will establish a high school soon, it is rather tough leaving after being there for so long. I would highly recommend this school to everyone who is looking for good academics and faith principles.

Posted January 10, 2006

At Immanuel Lutheran school we teach advanced math and science courses, e.g. pre-algebra (grade 7) and algebra I and IPS physical science (national high school science curriculum; both in 8th grade). Seventh graders study life science. Fourth and fifth grade science classes have studied, among other topics, local Florida plants and trees, astronomy, mineralogy, and geology. Much enrichment material is offered. Grades 3, 5, and 7 do science fair projects and compete in a science fair. The music program at ILS is unusually good for a small private school, e.g. band instruction in many instruments. ILS has championship volleyball teams! Perhaps the most outstanding characteristic of Immanuel is the degree to which students here love each other. The school is like a big extended family. People here CARE! Parents notice this and remark on it. And at ILS we CAN talk about God! Christianity is not censored out! Lawrence Hoyt, ILS Science Teacher
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted September 22, 2005

I went here for nine years. As far as academics go it's a step ahead of public schools because of the teachers. They actually take care of each individual student, which isn't done as well other places. The rules enforced are a bit unneccesary, and often times a hassle for parents. One thing I can say is your child will find lifelong friends here. It has had problems with staff in the last three to four years though. By the 06-07 school year things should be fixed though.

Posted August 8, 2005

The academics at Immanuel are higher than those of my neighbors kids schools. The overall atmosphere is geered towards academics while involving Jesus Christ in day to day activities. I could not have picked a better school to send both of my children to. We went through 7 other school interviews and Immanuel Lutheran far outranked the rest in terms of academics, faculty and just overall getting a great Christian eduation.

Posted July 21, 2005

Academic programs are excellent. Sports and extracurricular is only available at higher level grades- a bit of a disappointment. Level of parent involvement is good- almost too much at times. Lacking in quality, stable leadership which is a disappointment from year to year.

Posted July 5, 2005

The academics is a little behind what we were hoping for in a private school. The administration however is very helpful and listens to the parents. The children do form lasting relationships here.

Posted August 22, 2003

Hopefully with the new principal this year, overall leadership will improve. I already notice some positive changes. In the past, I have had several issues where the teacher disregarded my child's safety and health. I don't think this will happen again, now that there is a principal. In general, I think it's a great school!

Posted August 11, 2003

The curriculum in Kindergarten is excellent, they teach the kids phonics at this level, and both the teacher and assistant are very good with the kids.

Two or more races 8% N/A
Asian 2% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Lutheran church - missouri synod
Fax number
  • (813) 681-6852

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious