PK-8|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Bell Shoals Baptist Academy's mission is to provide students with a strong Christ-centered education. We strive to train students to excel in academics, fine arts, technology and athletics while fostering a biblical world view throughout all aspects of our program. Our school recently completed an ACSI reaccreditation. Some of the major commendations received are listed below: * A commitment to developing the whole child * A warm, welcoming staff * Modeling a loving, nurturing environment * Numerous, safe, and accessible outdoor areas * A positive and supportive relationship with parents * An Early Learning Center with hands on and engaging activities. The ELC has a well-schedule program with a large variety of individual/group activities. * An Academic Enhancement Program that meets the needs of students who struggle and a Compass Program that offers a gifted program including robotics Our highest standard was in the area of Character, Values, and Spiritual Development! BSBA offers a traditional, rigorous academic program and uses best practices to teach. We have remained committed to teaching cursive handwriting, grammar, math facts, history, science, spelling, and other time tested foundations in education. Our middle school students can take 3 or more high school courses, IPS Honors, Algebra 1 Honors, Spanish 1, and FLVS Leadership.
November 03, 2014

Bad
Good

Would rather another school.....I am just the Grandmother. But I do volunteer a lot & everyone is so nice.

I want to thank Bell Shoals Baptist Academy for the wonderful Christian Education that my Grandson received. He attended BSBA from 4 year pre school through 8th Grade and now he attends a local high school. Two of his teachers commented on his writing skills this past week. They both said that they could tell that he had been taught proper writing skills. They said they were impressed with how well he knew had to organizie his thoughts and write a 5 paragraph essay correctly. BSBA has taught my Grandson so many good study skills that he will be able to use in High School and College. Many thanks to the wonderful teachers and staff for their love and devotion to Christian Education.

We LOVE BSBA! We have twin 3rd grader's at BSBA who we just transitioned from public school. Talk about "walking the walk and talking the talk". This school delivers on it's promise to nurture, educate and bring out the best in our children. Every teacher is so engaging and genuine! Every teacher treats my children as though they were their own and it is all the little things that count. My children feel loved, appreciated and equipped. The balance between academics, specials (technology, art, music, sports, etc.) and a Christ-centered environment will help my children achieve overall success out in the world!

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted November 03, 2014

We have been at BSBA for 4 years. We have had nothing but a great experience! My boys love their teachers and we love the school! I highly recommend this school to anyone who is looking.

All four of my children have attended Bell Shoals from the time they were 3 years old. Two have graduated from Bell Shoals and both are in AP and Honors classes in public school and they have both done outstanding on SAT testing and they are beginning to receive letters indicating they have received college scholarships. We have found the school to excel in their strive for excellence. We found the academic program exceeds that of public schools. The teachers are caring, encouraging, and loving. They teach of Gods love and compassion daily throughout the day in all their subjects. They have recently added a mobile IPAD lab to the school in the last two years. We love that the school has an amazing safety policy in place, We know that our children are safe. I will not say that their are never problems, but when their are the administration and staff are more than willing to listen and work out any problem or situation. I can not say that about other places. Many I have run into will not even listen. My husband, children, and I love BSBA.

I love serving as a teacher's aid in the ELC. I have such great,friendly,caring co-workers. I love that we have prayer time as a staff over our school and students. Love all of our sweet children and their parents. I feel so blessed to be a part of this wonderful school.

I can't say enough wonderful things about this school. My daughter has been going here since she was 3, in their Early Learning Center. She's in Kindergarten now in Mrs. Groom's class- the BEST teacher we've had yet!!! This school makes us feel like family. The teachers and staff truly love the kids, and vice versa. Even the teachers that have never had my daughter in their class, all know her and take care of her as well. The teacher/parent communication has always been excellent- I have texted and emailed with her teachers over the years, and I always get a quick response. This is re-assuring when your child has been sick recently, and you just want to check in to see how they're doing. Or for matters involving homework, or any other concerns. Bottom line, we are keeping our daughter here for as long as we possibly can!

It has been such an answer to prayer to have my kids at BSBA. Knowing they are receiving not only top-notch education, but also care, concern, and guidance that mirrors our own home values is so important to me.

I am so pleased with the experience my family has had at BSBA! We have been in the ELC preschool for the past 3yrs & now my daughter is in Kindergarten. My younger daughter (age 2) has also started preschool, due to the great options of classes BSBA offers. The quality of the teachers has exceeded my expectations. I knew they were loving & were pointing my daughters toward Christ, but they have also challenged both of my daughters to grow, learn & stretch themselves where they are excelling, while devoting extra time in areas of concern. I have found the administration to be very approachable & kind. The principal has welcomed any conversation I've approached her with & I admire her compassion & leadership. This is an excellent school! I also love that the moment you step on campus, you can feel God's presence in this school. I feel that the staff have servant's hearts & desire to honor God in their work.

Last modified Bell Shoals Baptist Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8