617 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Schmidt Elementary School
Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted September 27, 2015
Great example is a they followed a policy of height requirements for the playground that was made up and was discriminating against children and no one cared enough that children were being segregated from their classmates and being belittled by the teachers doing this.

Schmidt Elementary School 1

Posted September 27, 2015
This was the worst experience I have had with a Hillsborough County Public School. They think they can make their own policies and they think it's ok to discriminate and bully the children just because they can. Parents need to talk to their kids and make sure their kids aren't being picked on.

Posted June 01, 2014
This a great school with dedicated staff. I have had kids attending for many years. The Staff are up against great odds. Very high poverty, lack of parental involvement and very wordly kids that are a handful. They use a positive behavior system and have many ways of helping all kids. They have a Gifted classroom for those who show they need more advanced work. The media people are very good at thier jobs. The newer State Standards or Common Core standards make it hard for the teachers in ALL schools to teach the way us as parents may have been taught. The VAM is a downer to all teachers regardless of the school your kids attend. The biggest concern at this school is the behavior and language displayed and used by some kids. But the school does try very hard to instill good values onto these children. The amount of testing is the same at all the public schools. We stay at HSE because other than a private school costing 10k+ a year, the grass would not be greener.

Posted April 29, 2014
My daughter's school schmidt elementary is one of the best schools they are very dedicated to My daughters need in learning and they show they care I really Grateful for the teachers as well as the staff.

Schmidt Elementary School 3

Posted February 02, 2014
My daughter loved this when she went but we relocated since army doesn't stay in one stop but compared to Virginia and Texas she loved this school.

Posted September 27, 2013
it is an excellent school the teachers are very dedicated to the education of our children and I am a proud parent had two of my youngest daughters attend there. :)

Posted September 05, 2013
This is my son's first year at this school. He is attending 2nd year with Mrs. Chambers as his teacher. We transferred our son from Limona Elementary and are so glad that we did. From the moment you walk in the office you can tell a difference. The staff here actually enjoy children and actually greet you with a smile (unlike some other schools). Our son dreaded going to school last year and now he really looks forward to it. Mrs. Chambers is very patient and seems to really care for the children. Our son is on a 504 plan for health issues and Mrs. Chambers and the staff at Schmidt made it a really easy transition and are knowledgeble about these sorts of processes. Word cannot express how relieved we are that our son is now at a better school!

Posted August 27, 2013
My son has been in H.S.E since Kindergarten, he's in 4th grade now and I have NO COMPLAINTS! I LOVE this school. Every year we were blessed with AMAZING teachers. Mrs.Sperling, Mrs. Chambers and Ms. Martin hands down is what all teachers should be like. My little one now in first grade and I'm excited for him.... Now I'm worried about Middle school

Posted August 21, 2013
this is my school... I love it 4th grade is gonna b ez this year i got ms.bates she is the nicest teacher ever never the less, student- ~mia~

Posted March 28, 2013
We love this school! Mrs. Gray is the best kindergarten teacher in the world and has helped our son achieve so much in a very short period of time. He is reading solidly at a first grade level and is excited and inspired at school. There is great communication and parent involvement and a feeling that the staff truly care about your children. Great school!!!!!

Schmidt Elementary School
1250 Williams Road, Brandon, FL  33510
Last modified Schmidt Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.