Lighthouse Center for Creative Learning

Private | K-8

Living in Brandon

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $110,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,040.

Sweep tile

Posted March 20, 2014

Lighthouse is a good school. They have many fine teachers and only a few average ones. They pay their staff just a little over minimum wage with no benefits so one musn't expect the creme of the crop. The seem to do well with what they have.

Posted December 12, 2012

Has excellent teachers that understand a childs need no matter what kind of learning ability or disability. Kids can shine and learn. Teachers see the potential in every child. My daughter is in the 3rd grade and finally her spirit and light can shine. She is very happy.

Posted May 26, 2011

My three children really love Lighthouse, and I love the learning environment they provide. The classes as small, so the children don't get lost in the shuffle, and continue to learn with a teacher that really cares about the child's education. The head of the school, Pastor Butch, really has a vision for the school, and it trickles down to the entire staff. My one daughter even wants to go in the summer! This has been a positive transition, as my children were homeschooled before entering Lighthouse. Thank you so much for providing such a great school with a basis on Faith in God, and the love of the student!

Posted April 7, 2011

My son has attended three different schools in the last four years all in an attempt to find the best fit and environment that would nuture his distinct learning and developmental challenges. After an extensive search throughout the tampa bay area, we settled on Lighthouse Center for creative learning. The staff have been excellent and my childs developmental growth and overall interest in learning have increase sevenfold. After experiencing public and other private institutions, I can say without a doubt that the care and dedications the staff takes to addressing individual students needs and learning style is one of a kind, and this have made a profound possitive impact in our childs life.

Posted March 27, 2011

This school has saved our family! Our son was in a public school where he felt so overwhelmed amd inadequate that he had given up on trying. With having Autism Spectrum Disorder he had shut down and refused to try. LCCL has taught him more in the last nne weeks he has been there than the first 3 years at public school. He has become a happy, confident child and looks forward t getting up and going to school each day. Thanks to LCCL staff for helping save our child and our sanity!!!

Posted February 28, 2011

This school is excellent to me because 1 it is a Christian school, there are not alot of students in the classes which enables the teacher to spend the necessary time with each student. My child is learning a lot more than when she was in a public school...

Posted February 28, 2011

my grandchildren go to Lighthouse and I couldn't ask for a more caring and helpful staff. I only wish I had known about it earlier so I could of sent my son. This is the way all schools should be!!

Posted February 27, 2011

Trying to find a school that would academically challenge our son with Mild Autism, while ensuring that he felt secure, was not easy. Yet we have finally found the perfect combination at Lighthouse! They TRULY care about how the kids are doing and how they FEEL in their environment. So much thought and kindness has gone into everything they do. Pastor Butch & Kelly Bedwell, along with Mrs Radder and the entire teaching staff are the most FABUOUS group of Educators I have ever seen. God Bless Lighthouse!

Posted February 27, 2011

This is my son's third year at Lighthouse and I am so happy he is a student here. The teachers at Lighthouse took the time to get to know him and his "best" learning style. They opened my son up by helping him to feel comfortable to be himself therefore gave him the confidence he needed to be able to learn. The teachers always kept me involved-gave me techniques to help me at home with homework. Now 3yrs later-my son can read-and comprehend what he is reading, he is doing math-add/sub/mult and learning history and science. All the while being taught in a loving Christian environment.

Posted February 27, 2011

I am proud to say that my son attends the Lighthouse Center for Creative Learning. My son has enjoyed a healthy environment where he has grown in academics and in his spiritual walk. Many thanks to Pastor Butch, Mrs. Radder and Miss McMorris for their love and patience and helping to create that environment for my son and his classmates. We look forward to our daughter attending with him in the Fall.

Posted February 21, 2011

I believe this is one of the best schools in the Brandon/Valrico area! All of my 3 children have/or are still attending this school. They are able to offer regular curriculum and more special one-on-one attention for students. Pastor Butch & Kelly Bedwell and all of the teachers and helpers are so kind and like family to us. LCCL always has the children best interest at heart and that is their calling in life. We have been definitely blessed to have them in our lives. I would highly recommend this school to anyone who wants their child to grow-up with good morals, love, compassion, and great academics.

Posted February 14, 2011

Myself and my daughter love Lighthouse. She has been there a year and has already shown much improvement in her academics and her social skills. This is all due to the wonderful principal and teachers at Lighthous.They are so patient and loving and kind. Being a single mom it's wonderful to know that my daughter is left in good hands. She comes home talking about something knew she learned just about everyday. Lighthouse is more than a school, it is a wonderful family that we are blessed to be a part of.

Posted February 9, 2011

This is our son's 2nd year at Lighthouse. he has excelled in social skills in which he had a problem with in the public school system. Being a "special needs child" we are very happy with the time and care that is taken in the extra minutes used to have our child understand his work more. The teachers and staff are wonderful as well and really care in the childs learning as well as the parents concerns . Being in a smaller school and teacher to student ratio is perfect and we feel finally our son is not falling through the cracks as we were told numerous times in the public school system. When we meet other parents with children we always tell them of how happy we are with the school that we have chosen for our son. We have always tried to have the best doctors as well as school for our son. We feel we have met that.

Posted February 6, 2011

My son attends Lighthouse and he so much happier, confident, and generally seems to enjoy learning. When he was in the public schools he was frustrated and struggled with his piers. What a change. Lighthouse creates a great environment for children to learn in a comfortable secure environment. We are very happy there.

Posted February 5, 2011

Lighthouse has made a really BIG change in my daughters life! It has impacted her academically, socially and emotionally! We had her in the public school that was not doing anything for her. She was just taking up space there. Since she has been at Lighthouse going on year three she is writing, reading and has friends! I tell everyone I meet that has a child struggling about Lighthouse!

Posted January 28, 2011

Lighthouse has been an exceptional resource in aiding with our son learning disabilty.Since attending Lighthouse he has shown incredible improvement in his speech and general ability to learn new things.We pray this school keeps growing and helping our families.

Posted January 27, 2011

I am so thankful I found Lighthouse School. I have three kids that attend now and it is simply amazing what a difference they have made since attending. I love the small class sizes and the staff is amazing. You do not get this kind of love in other schools. It is like extended family now. I LOVE Lighthouse School and would not change schools for anything.

Posted January 22, 2011

Our son has thrived in the caring and nurturing environment. The administration is accessible and is genuinely interested in the success and future of each student. Teachers are focused on each students strengths and have the freedom to exercise the approaches necessary to help students acquire improvement where it is needed.

Posted January 21, 2011

I love this school!!! My son who is five has improved so much that he is begining to read. The teachers are so helpful.

Posted January 20, 2011

Lighthouse is a great school. My son has attended the school now for 3 years. They are attentive and with small class sizes. My son gets alot of one on one which he needs to succeed in school. Everyone is caring and friendly. I love the fact that my son can do therapy at school and that they offer various therapies to help him with his speech, cognitive development and auditory processing. It is well worth it to check out Lighthouse Center for Creative Learning!!!

Two or more races 7% N/A
Asian 0% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Special education / special needs

Specific academic themes or areas of focus
  • Special education

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab