Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Where do i even begin, my experience with this school was an ABSOLUTE nightmare! The staff is highly uinqualified to handle children of special needs, as they claim to be designed for children with special needs. My son has ADHD, I had him in public school last year and he was doing great, I heard of The Lighthouse Center (for children with special needs). I thought how great it would be if there were teachers that could help my child excel and could understand his condition. This school did anything but understand him! They had no idea how to handle a child with ADHD let alone teach him. The principle is not involved in the school or students, he rarely returns calls when a parent is in need. It was a daily event that a teacher would have to tell me how my son was not behaving (which is ok if it was not the minor things that normal children do) Anything i was promised at registration WAS NOT followed after they started. The staff has NO CLUE what is going on! Do not let them tell you there is a level 1, level 2 and level 3 and your child will get the best education for there needs because there is NO such thing at this school of separating!!! My children were bringing home pre school work and homework was a HUGE packet of unorganized papers to do in 9 weeks. The staff will stand around and chit chat while you are waiting to be helped. I TRUELY believe this school is more about the funding than the children. I have never seen so many unqualified, uncertified teachers and staff before, i was in shock! My children have never been so unhappy to go to school than when they were at Lighthouse and when I ask them why they would reply the teachers are horrible. I have since put them back in public school and they are enjoying going to school again. I DO NOT reccomend this school to anyone with or without a special needs child!!

All of the teaching staff have a Bachelor's degree and most are certified. Some of the ones not certified have a plan to get certified but it is not required. Most private schools do not require that their teachers be certified. However, they do require teaching experience and that the teachers love their students.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

They do not high good qualified and certified teachers.. They don't seem to care about getting the best teachers to work there either. I don't think you even need a degree to work there.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Even though public school acknowledged that my grandson had autism and other differences, I was informed this summer that the only classroom they could place him was in an EBD classroom with students who had very difficult or incorrigible behavior. He couldn’t fit in the classes for Autism because he was “too smart”. His “incorrigible” behavior consisted of not always understanding directions, not being able to hand write, not being able to see the blackboard because his desk was at the very back of the classroom facing away from other students, not being able to function in the cafeteria or in music class, etc. He preferred not to participate in anything, yet he was still passed from grade to grade. He felt useless, helpless, forgotten. He said he didn’t think he was made to go to school. It became a battle to get him to school every day and he is only seven years old. I was committed not to let my child be placed in a classroom with bullies and violent children even if I had to homeschool I had almost given up when I found Lighthouse Creative Center for Learning. This school has a true passion for children. Instead of feeling I was the parent of an aberration that needed to be segregated away from everyone, I felt truly welcomed. The school explained the McKay and PLSA scholarship programs and guided me through the process. They invited my son to attend their summer program so they could get to know him and he could get to know the teachers and the school. Every day when I picked him up, he stated he could not wait to come back the next day. He said “They didn’t even make me sit at the back by myself and I get to eat lunch with all the other kids.” I am so looking forward to this school year!

We have been with Lighthouse for 2 years and are truly amazed at the loving, individualized approach to the academic learning and the character building that our sons have received.

Lighthouse is a blessing to my family.. They except my son with his many challenges, and still work hard to foster his academic growth... Thank you for helping him to shine... They also have blessed my Kindergarten daughter with a phenomenal loving teacher... Keep up being a beacon of light into these young children's lives...

As a past school administrator myself, I am familiar with many of the private schools in our region. My daughter attended Lighthouse for 5 years. During that time, my wife and I had the privilege to see our daughter thrive academically as well as spiritually. In my mind, Lighthouse should be the standard by which all others are judged. I cannot recommend this school highly enough. Pastor Butch and the team at Lighthouse truly go above and beyond in just about every way conceivable. We are convinced that the individual attention our child received here was the foundation for much of her later academic success. Equally as important, our daughter was able to experience this education in an environment that was genuinely loving and grace centered. We consider Lighthouse a part of our family and truly a blessing from God.

My child attended this school and we experienced deception. I am thankful my child found the courage to let me know. Think and re think again. Also, below I just read a review that states from a community member. Well, yes that could be true, as we in this area writing a review on this school are members of the community or should be. This review allows you to pick from three choices. The choices are these: parent, staff/teacher and then, other. From what I read, this member maybe should have selected staff/teacher. You be the judge, anyways the way that I see it, this only adds support to my review. No, my child no longer attends this school and I am sorry to say, what we experienced is far from what I believe to be Christian behavior. I would give a negative star if I could.

Last modified Lighthouse Center For Creative Learning is a Private school that serves grades K-8