Posted August 20, 2015
All of the teaching staff have a Bachelor's degree and most are certified. Some of the ones not certified have a plan to get certified but it is not required. Most private schools do not require that their teachers be certified. However, they do require teaching experience and that the teachers love their students.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted August 19, 2015
They do not high good qualified and certified teachers.. They don't seem to care about getting the best teachers to work there either. I don't think you even need a degree to work there.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 11, 2015
Even though public school acknowledged that my grandson had autism and other differences, I was informed this summer that the only classroom they could place him was in an EBD classroom with students who had very difficult or incorrigible behavior. He couldn’t fit in the classes for Autism because he was “too smart”. His “incorrigible” behavior consisted of not always understanding directions, not being able to hand write, not being able to see the blackboard because his desk was at the very back of the classroom facing away from other students, not being able to function in the cafeteria or in music class, etc. He preferred not to participate in anything, yet he was still passed from grade to grade. He felt useless, helpless, forgotten. He said he didn’t think he was made to go to school. It became a battle to get him to school every day and he is only seven years old. I was committed not to let my child be placed in a classroom with bullies and violent children even if I had to homeschool I had almost given up when I found Lighthouse Creative Center for Learning. This school has a true passion for children. Instead of feeling I was the parent of an aberration that needed to be segregated away from everyone, I felt truly welcomed. The school explained the McKay and PLSA scholarship programs and guided me through the process. They invited my son to attend their summer program so they could get to know him and he could get to know the teachers and the school. Every day when I picked him up, he stated he could not wait to come back the next day. He said “They didn’t even make me sit at the back by myself and I get to eat lunch with all the other kids.” I am so looking forward to this school year!

Posted August 11, 2015

Posted February 07, 2015
We have been with Lighthouse for 2 years and are truly amazed at the loving, individualized approach to the academic learning and the character building that our sons have received.

Posted January 30, 2015
Lighthouse is a blessing to my family.. They except my son with his many challenges, and still work hard to foster his academic growth... Thank you for helping him to shine... They also have blessed my Kindergarten daughter with a phenomenal loving teacher... Keep up being a beacon of light into these young children's lives...

Posted January 19, 2015

Posted January 06, 2015
As a past school administrator myself, I am familiar with many of the private schools in our region. My daughter attended Lighthouse for 5 years. During that time, my wife and I had the privilege to see our daughter thrive academically as well as spiritually. In my mind, Lighthouse should be the standard by which all others are judged. I cannot recommend this school highly enough. Pastor Butch and the team at Lighthouse truly go above and beyond in just about every way conceivable. We are convinced that the individual attention our child received here was the foundation for much of her later academic success. Equally as important, our daughter was able to experience this education in an environment that was genuinely loving and grace centered. We consider Lighthouse a part of our family and truly a blessing from God.

Lighthouse Center For Creative Learning 1

Posted December 14, 2014
My child attended this school and we experienced deception. I am thankful my child found the courage to let me know. Think and re think again. Also, below I just read a review that states from a community member. Well, yes that could be true, as we in this area writing a review on this school are members of the community or should be. This review allows you to pick from three choices. The choices are these: parent, staff/teacher and then, other. From what I read, this member maybe should have selected staff/teacher. You be the judge, anyways the way that I see it, this only adds support to my review. No, my child no longer attends this school and I am sorry to say, what we experienced is far from what I believe to be Christian behavior. I would give a negative star if I could.

Posted August 12, 2014
If you scroll through the reviews, you will notice that most are left by parents who have been involved in our program for years. They are like family to us, and yes, occasionally you will see a review by a staff member, but they are done willingly. All of our teachers from last year are returning this year, except one, and two outside Behavior Therapists applied to join our team after having worked with students in our program. Why? Because they see our heart and love for our students. This is a great program and a loving atmosphere. Sometimes a gentle rebuke, intended to help a staff member, leads to an angry post which is intended to harm a reputation built over fifteen years. However, those that take the time to meet our staff and tour our school sense the dedication and love we have for our students.

516 Corner Drive, Brandon, FL  33511
Last modified Lighthouse Center For Creative Learning is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Lighthouse Center For Creative Learning Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top