835 students|Brevard

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)

Worst school experience we have ever had. Thank God our oldest only started middle school here in Viera and did not have to attend. Teachers are elitist and condescending to students. If you ask questions and look for clarification your child will be targeted and given unreachable goals so they can set them up to fail. Took a gifted 5th grade straight A student and made them appear to be incapable of success due to their lack of teaching and structure in general. Ruined any opportunity for being considered for any special programs in middle school. Quest is a much much better choice. The teachers and administration at Quest actually care about the children and want to help them succeed. Run don't walk away from this school.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

The teachers my youngest had from 1st - third were very effective teachers, just loved them all. My oldest had very effective teachers from k - 2nd.

Develops character: Disagree

They show no respect toward the student and are not honest with them. So what is being taught at home is thrown out at school.

Manatee is a great school as long as you are on admins good side and even then you better be some one that can do something for him. The teachers are great from k - 3, only about three I would stay clear of. After that your kid is on their own to fend for themselves on a daily basis. Don't worry so much about the rest of the kids but about the teachers and the admin on how they handle it all. No consistency what so ever. The teachers at this point are untouchable. They push the kids way too far and just to say how great they are but the kids really get no credit for it at all. The parents are ridiculous the ways some treat the teacher’s right in front of their child. The teachers only grade by test so if your child only had three math test and/or quizzes they better have received an 80 or better on each, because that is their grade for the nine weeks in math. I already had a child that was there from k to 6th and I thought well they just lost their way. They have been doing great in middle school and are looking forward to high school. I thought with my youngest being the opposite it would be different. Was I wrong, what a ride it has been. Unfortunately, they will not finish their last year at Manatee next year. It saddens me because this is the reason we moved hear so many years ago. But I cannot put my child through another year of this anymore. ALL ADMIN NEEDS TO GO ALONG WITH THE FIFTH GRADE TEACHERS. There is a sixth grade teacher that should go to, but they also could do no wrong.

I have a daughter that has attended Manatee since kindergarten, she just now started third grade. I have been very pleased with all the school has to offer. The teachers through the years have offered great ways to stay connected, through emails, notes, and last edline. The principal and staff do a great job making the school feel like a community, they do several activities through the year for the family. Their library is awesome, my daughter has a love for reading and she constantly brings books home. They have fostered in her a love for learning, and she has great appreciation for her teachers. It has been a great experience, we are now learning how to deal with the more demanding structure of third grade, but there is a learning curve with anything, this is just one more example. I hope you find this helpful.

No school is perfect, but the sign of a good school is when you have a problem, the teachers and administration are quickly helpful to parents and students. This is the case at Manatee. They are helpful and really do care. It is a great community.

Manatee is a wonderful place of learning. I have two children at Manatee and both rare excited to go to school every morning. The teachers I have encountered are nurturing and care about the students. Correspondence is constant for both good and bad reports . There is great parent involvement. The activities are many and always well attended. My girls love going there.

We moved here two years ago from Chapel Hill, NC. We have one child in the 4th grade and one in the 1st grade. I am an education researcher and have found that Manatee is a good school by Brevard County standards. So much depends on the classroom teacher, as far as individual instruction and differentiation. Concerns about testing and state mandates aren't really a school site issue, although I see some complaints here based on such. The faculty is friendly, the office staff could use a kick in pants. YOU must work with your children on homework and assignments if you want them to succeed (as it should be at every school). There are many morning and afternoon activities. The morning mile is great for extra fitness and odyssey of the mind is a wonderful afterschool club. If you look at school scores, school of choice Robert Stevenson scores tops for the county, but Manatee is a good school. If you want your children to exceed the average, I suggest a tutoring service and extra help outside of the regular school day. The school could improve by offering extra content work outside of the school day (kind of like the summer science camp).

We moved up from S. Florida thinking we found the perfect school and we were excited. Our child was an honor roll student and as soon as she started at Manatee her grades dropped. Had several conferences with the teacher and all we heard was don't worry. Also, only having 3 days of recess is not enough for a child, they need to get out and relax their minds. If I knew what I know now, I wouldn't have bought our home for this school zone. Look at Suntree, Quest or Ralph Williams Elementary Schools.

NOT ALL 10-RATINGS ARE DESERVING: MANATEE Will Teach Your Kid How To Score Higher On FCATs And LEARN Much Less - They Will Learn That PRAISE Is Over-rated, Unless The PAID Staff Is Receiving It - MANATEE Will Teach That Kids Only Count As Far As It BENEFITS The School or Admin; KIDS And Parents Are To Remain Quiet And Not DARE Question Nor Think - To Be Submissive, OR Suffer The Consequences - Not Mutual RESPECT or Performance - What Matters And Is Important Here Will Be DICTATED, So Grin And Bear It! - This School Will Provide ALL That, And So MUCH Less. - These Are YOUR KIDS, So SELECT Wisely. - Without Our Kids Or Money, They Have Nothing... USE IT! - YOUR Kids Are There ALONE ALL Day Being Intimidated; With NO Representation - If They Complain To You Today, Tomorrow They Are Back ALONE With Them - The Less A Parent Knows, The More They'll Love This Place. GET INFORMED! - There Is Only One BROWN To Be Concerned Of, NOT The Others - PARENTS Show Up, Don't Accept ANYTHING Blindly, Make DEMANDS, And STAY Involved AND Be Seen!

Last modified Manatee Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.