PK, 6-12
Brooksville, FL

Hernando High School 5

Posted October 09, 2012
LOOKING FOR REGINA SPILMAN I KNEW HER WHEN HER DAD OWENED THE CAMPGROUND IN 1977 OR 1978

Posted June 13, 2012
I went to this high school and graduated in 96. I am now, after a lot of starts and stops, going to college full time at Arizona State University. My time at HHS, and in the ROTC program in particular, really helped me build the self confidence, discipline, and life long friends that have helped me in life since i graduated. No, the school isn't perfect. But is any school? I loved my time here and I think any student who tries their best, put themselves out there, and doesn't cause trouble will enjoy their time at HHS as well. Class of 96!!!

Posted August 28, 2011
I am currently a junior at HHS. I am on the swim team, I play soccer, and I play tennis. Hernando is a interesting and diverse school bursting with opportunities in every area. However, you (the student) must be willing to strive for excellence! This means: being respectful to yourself and others, challenging yourself, and giving each class your best effort. Communication also plays a key role at this school; especially with the guidance counselors and teachers. Switching classes is no easy task - especially at the beginning of the school year! Guidance is SWAMPED! So, make sure the proper procedures are carried out. Also, be aware that Virtual School is available if a specific class is not available on campus. I especially recommend switching to Virtual English classes!!! The Normal English classes are teaching subjects which should have been taught in middle school - and definitely mastered by or before freshman year of high school! Overall, I am very satisfied with my education at HHS, and I am looking forward to graduating in 2014. If I were a parent I would probably have no problem sending my child to HHS. Campus life is pretty lax, and it's possible to learn AND have fun too.

Hernando High School 3

Posted January 14, 2011
My child is a sophmore at Hernando High School and I was very cautious about sending him to this school. A lot of people in Hernando County told me not to send my child to Hernando High School. I was told the school is segregated and still has a 1960s menality regarding race relations. I'm glad I sent my son here because he has met some great friends and the staff at this school is great. Sure there is some self segregation going on but that does not bother me at all. The black kids don't bother the whites and the white kids don't bother the black kids. Everyone seems to get along. Hernando High School may be self segregated but it works!

Posted October 19, 2010
This school has offered my daughter several acedemic opportunities that otherwise she would not have. She is excelling and I am so proud of her.

Hernando High School 2

Posted January 28, 2009

Posted November 19, 2008

Posted November 12, 2008

Posted September 05, 2008
i went to hernando high for 3yrs freshman thru junior year and then ended up moving for my senior year. but all in all hernando has been the best school i have ever been to, i would have loved to have graduated fron that school. The staff and students are wonderful and nice.

Posted June 30, 2008
I am an alumni from this school, and I would have to say, that this school is good. It may not be the top in the county, but it's good. The teachers, and friends that I've met and have made while I was going to this school are all cool, and the same as everyone else. Not everyone that comes from Hernando High School is Stupid. A lot of people that i personally know have went on to Major Universitys. Quit judging this school and the students becasuse it's not right. We are all the same on the inside. We scream, when we are angry, we laugh when we are happy, and we cry when we feel pain and sorrow. And all of us makes mistakes each and every day, but we learn from the mistakes that we make. so stop the non sense judging

Hernando High School
700 Bell Avenue, Brooksville, FL  34601
Last modified Hernando High School is a Public school that serves grades PK, 6-12
Hernando High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top