Posted August 15, 2014
My daughter attended this school for the 10th grade and we moved to weeki wachee school district and I have done everything I could to keep her in Springstead for the ROTC program that she has participated in for two years going on three. The staff has done nothing to help, given me no helpful information and has been utterly rude to me and my daughter. There is a new principal at the school this year, but it may be too late for my daughter. If they would have given me the proper information I could have applied for special circumstances months ag,o but no one would help. I would prefer my daughter in weeki wachee but unfortunately they don't offer ROTC and this could drastically change the direction of my daughters future and no one seems to care. But if I walked in and said I was homeless and needed my daughter in school, they would be happy to sign her up without documentation....that just doesn't make sense! Now last second waiting to hear where my daughter will be going on Monday morning. The staff at this school really needs to be re evaluated and given some proper manner courses to deal with people!!! So frustrated!!!

Frank W. Springstead High School 3

Posted August 25, 2013
Honestly, as a sophomore, my freshman experience was mediocre and not memorable, academically. If I walk into the door 5 seconds past the bell, I am sent to the tardy table, where I waste even more time and missing even more class activity. I was prepared for the IB program, but many teachers tended to be insensitive to the workload and didn't care if you were failing or not. That being said, there are the few gems that aimed to connect to the student and teach and help and guide. I have three years to go, and I'm still unsure whether or not Springstead will positively or negatively impact my high school experience.

Frank W. Springstead High School 4

Posted October 28, 2012
I am very pleased with the school & staff @ springstead high school. My grandson is doing very well academically,he also plays baseball for the EAGLES. I am happy that he attends springstead.

Posted August 30, 2012
This school and its administrators/councelors/teachers are ALL a joke. The lack of concern for these children is simply appalling. There main priority only appears to be test scores NOT the students. This school turned there back on my son when his GPA was low and encouraged him to drop out and get a GED. To make a long story short I signed my son out of this school immediately only to enroll him in another High school and he graduated High School with his diploma,and now is enrolled in Full Sail University. So to assistant principal Ms. Michalicka and the counclers who never thought my son would NEVER make it..THANK YOU FOR BEING THE MOTIVATION BEHIND MY SONS SUCCESS.

Frank W. Springstead High School 2

Posted August 15, 2012
I have seen this school go steadily downhill in recent years. There appears to be a great lack of control at this school as the students deal with overcrowding; they are subjected to a continuous lack of respect, inappropriate language and behavior, harassment and fighting by their peers; with a seemingly tremendous lack of concern by administrators, counselors and other staff. The main priority appears to be test scores not the students. This makes for a very unpleasant atmosphere for students to 'learn' in. F W Springstead HS is no place for ESE students due to the lack of knowledge, compassion, understanding and training to accommodate students. I have seen questionable practices as administrators/staff appear to have their own set of rules and the freedom to do as they please. Parental involvement is not welcome, other than gathering volunteer hours in extracurricular activities. The only bright side this school seems to have is the theater and music programs, along with some of their sports.

Frank W. Springstead High School 3

Posted December 14, 2011
I think most of the staff bring down the students self esteem. I am not at all happy with the school. Also their enforcement of tardy-absence borders on ridiculous. Yelling at these kids in hallways, and if they are tardy by a few minutes/seconds and the bell just rang and they are in class with door closing behind them, they get sent to the tardy table which makes them even later and missing start of class and disturbing class. A more positive attitude should be shown to these kids in highschool to particapate more in activities, PE, etc.

Frank W. Springstead High School 5

Posted December 03, 2011
I moved to Spring Hill in 2003, at that time I enrolled my son into Springstead HS. When my son was in HS there were over sometimes 40 kids or more in his class, the staff was overwhelmed, and disorganized. Some of the teachers tried but with no support from the district office they started to give up. Now it is my daughters turn to be enrolled in Springstead. After the bad experience I had with my son, was expecting the worst for my daughter. But, I was pleasantly surprised, the class sizes are much smaller, the teachers are willing to help. And the staff is just wonderful exspecially my daughters consulor. She was accepted into the wevb design program and she absolutely loves it. The only complaint I have is that the school does not offer enough variety of of electives. I am very happy with this school and I am proud that my daughter is a student at Springstead HS>

Frank W. Springstead High School 2

Posted December 02, 2011
I want to comment on the athletic part of the school. The athletic director is just their for a pay check. He is not active on creating what every other school has. Its 2011 C'mon man update your school web site. Keep parents and students informed. Post pictures of game highlights and news. I look at other schools we compete with and I am embarrased. The site has not been updated since 2008. Get a new young athletic director who is passionate about the sports and school not just a pay check. This guy now has the personality of a rock. Also start making changes at head coach of the football team. His game plan has not changed in 10 years. Time for someone who knows how to mix it up and run a program.

Posted November 28, 2011
This school is deplorable, my daughter transferred here from a Kentucky high school, if we could go back we would. Springstead behavioral discipline is non-existent. Students publically curse, fondle, kiss, yell and are unruly and disrespectful to peers and teachers. The faculty turns a blind eye to it all. However, their enforcement of tardy-absence borders on ridiculous. My daughter continually gets marked absent for attending approved senior school functions and the teacher gives her 30 minute lectures about how it's NOT HER JOB to correct the absence. If you have a choice, don't send your children here. It's a small town, but this high school is straight out of inner city Detroit (where I went to school, and it sucked).

Frank W. Springstead High School 4

Posted June 26, 2011
I cannot begin to say how proud I am that I graduated from Springstead High School. I recieved an amazing education by inspiring teachers and a great faculty who I know care for their students like we are their own children. I've never heard of a student getting OSS for three days because of one tardy...I know this because I have been tardy before and that has never happened. They give all their students chances when they make mistakes (like being tardy) and make it a point to relate with us on a personal level. Springstead houses some of the best teachers in Hernando County. We now have the IB program and an overwhelming amount of AP classes available. The electives to choose from are abundant also, with our Band and Theater program leading the way as some of the best in the county. I reccomend any parent who is thinking about enrolling their child in school in Spring Hill to consider Springstead!

Frank W. Springstead High School
3300 Mariner Blvd, Brooksville, FL  34609
Last modified Frank W. Springstead High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Frank W. Springstead High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 56 reviews. Top