604 students|Hernando

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Grateful to: Parent

Posted January 29, 2016
Do the school choice if you are zoned for this school, or choose a private school if you kid has and IEP or 504, get the mckay scholarship and choose another school , this one is very bad!!

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted January 29, 2016
Not at all, they don't even respect parents, imagine how they are going to treat your kids

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted January 29, 2016
They don't care about your kid they just there for a paycheck, very sad but it's true

West Hernando Middle School 4

Posted August 23, 2013
I went here for 8th grade and enjoyed my year there. Being mostly a lonely student and just trying to focus on my studies; all my teachers except one were very nice and graded fairly. Art was fun, and I usually hate P.E. but this past year I liked it because they let you do so many different things. The 8th grade dance was awesome, with popular music for kids our age and a slideshow running in the background of pics of us. Lots of food and drinks for free, the only things you had to pay for was $5 for a ticket and I don;'t remember how much for pictures. 8th graders also get a graduating T-shirt with all the names of the 8th graders on the back, the t-shirt design was a drawing contest last year. We also had a field trip to Epcot for those of us with no really-bad disciplines, and you could run a fundraiser for money to go. 8th graders - as long as things stay the same, I know you'll have fun.

West Hernando Middle School 1

Posted October 31, 2012
This is to all parents that have children going to this school or will have children going soon.. Some of the teachers in this school dont care about teaching only a paycheck. The principal Rufa is all talk and NO action so dont waste your time having a meeting with him. I also noticed they dont care for hispanics. If your child will be attending this school good luck with your teachers. There are a few teachers that are young and love to teacha few men as well but thats just a hand full of them.

West Hernando Middle School 5

Posted June 07, 2011
I LOVE this school. It is the best school i have ever went to. I <3 WHMS!!!

West Hernando Middle School 2

Posted December 06, 2009
i hate that school it is mean and dumb but also cool i like the teachers and students but not mr.rufa

West Hernando Middle School 4

Posted November 01, 2009
this school is fun and very interesting

Posted October 02, 2008
My son is doing fantastic at this school and he enjoys all of the tachers and fellow students. This school gives students P.E. everyday, no school uniforms, and the outdoor Aviary they have is so nice. My son is an 'A' student and in 'AP' Math and LA/Reading classes. I was concerned that he would not be challenged enough, but thanks to the new highly professsional principal and her wonderful teaching staff I am very happy with our decision to keep our son at WHMS. A special thanks to Dr. Marcia Austin for starting to Rev Up the math in our county!!! My son loves it and is doing Fantastic and for those of you who have children that excel in Math & Science then you will be very pleased with the new math program she has interjected in our schools!! Thank You

West Hernando Middle School 5

Posted February 28, 2008
My daughter has gone through middle school here and it has been an absolutely positive experience for us. The administration is very responsive to parents' concerns and I had no problems with my child's teachers or the course content. Her academic teachers as well as extra curricular teachers were supportive and encouraging. This is an excellent school.

14325 Ken Austin Parkway, Brooksville, FL  34614
Last modified West Hernando Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Hernando Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top