Brooksville, FL

Powell Middle School 5

Posted March 23, 2014
This school has come a long way with the current administration. The office staff, teachers and even the custodians are so helpful and have the children's best interest at heart! Way to go Panthers!!

Posted October 20, 2013
This school is by far the worst school ever, I have been to! I have been called names, the teachers take to much favorism, the princible is a mess, isn't she supposed to get to school before anyone else?! Some teachers buy other student presents, I think that's wrong, if your going to do tiny do it privately! Oh yeah there is this hing called panting I the locker room, I suppose the pe teachers have no control? I don't like this, I'm going to a new school next year for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted July 16, 2013
My daughter is starting 8th grade, and with the exception of 1 teacher, we have had nothing but excellent teachers. The chorus program is phenominal and is the main reason we chose this school. If your child is interested in the arts, this is the school to attend!

Posted October 21, 2012
I am in the 8th grade, and this is my first year at Powell, and..I HATE IT. I just moved here from a different state. It's terrible at Powell. Students can say profanity, and all they'd get is a "Watch your language!" At my old school, we'd get in huge trouble. And the students at Powell, oh my lord.. they're all smokers, and getting arrested, stuff like that. There are SO MANY fights here, too. We had like 2 fights a year at my old school. If you were ever thinking about letting your child go to Powell, don't. Send them to Challenger K-8, Winding Waters K-8, D.S. Parrot, etc. I used to love school, but once I came to Powell..I already hate Powell and I've been here only about 9 weeks. If there was an option to put zero stars on the star rating, I would.

Posted May 23, 2012
My son has attend this school for three years now. The teachers are very helpful, always response to emails. The track team was great my son is one of there top runners. Mr. C is awesome. Coach uncle buck is great. Unfortunately they are losing some teachers to budget cuts.

Posted May 04, 2012
Kids are nothing but bullies, teachers really don't care. The teachers have their favorites and if you're not on their list oh well. Dance teacher doesn't give anyone group or solo parts if they aren't one of her favorites. Teachers watch bullying going on but won't say anything. This has been the worst 3 years of my daughters life. I am so glad she has only 1 more month to go and then can go on to a better school. My daughter stays out of trouble but the teachers treat her horribly. One student has been in so much trouble but they won't kick her out. It's not a safe school at all. My daughter always liked school till these last 3 years. I also do not feel they promote academics as much as their performing arts. Academics should always come first.

Posted December 03, 2011
This school doesn't really care if the students learn anything or even if they WANT to learn. The new principal is terrible and the students are out of control.

Posted May 25, 2011
It seems to me that this school is more interested in keeping the teachers that don't put any effort into their actual teaching and they get rid of the ones that actually CARE about the students. They are more focused on disciplining the students and creating ridiculous rules than actually making sure the students there flourish and are prepared for high school. It's a middle school, not the military. Keep the good teachers and get rid of the bad ones. It's funny to me how the teachers that have students with high test scores are the ones being fired. THAT'S a good way to ensure you get money for that budget.

Posted December 15, 2010
This school is a great and safe school. The teachers and administrators deal with all this issues and they do not tolerate bad behavior! We moved down to this district 2 years ago from up north and I have been very pleased with Powell Middle School. I'm extremely happy that my children attend this school. Some of the other schools in the district are lacking in the discipline category however, not Powell. This school is not afraid to deal with the very few problem students that attend Powell!

Posted November 06, 2010
I attend Powell Middle School. I'm a 6th grader and this is my first year here. So far it has impressed me. Although, the Geography teacher is my main problem. She barely helps you. Her name is Mrs. Bradley. And i'm not saying ALL the 7th graders do this, but a few of them are complete snobs. But most of them are fair. The eighth graders don't bother anyone. I currently have 5 B's(Math, Dance, Science, Band, PE,) 1 C(Advanced Language Arts,) and 1 D(GEOGRAPHY)

Powell Middle School
4100 Barclay Ave, Brooksville, FL  34609
Last modified Powell Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Powell Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 55 reviews. Top