788 students|Hernando

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

They are always about haveing there students succeed

Amount of homework: Neutral

No it really doesn't some teachers say they hate giving homework

I feel this way because they treat there kids really nice and I love there preforming arts program

This school encourages bullying, the administration will hide and find ways to exhaust the parents efforts to find the truth of bullying incidents. They will drag the situation so long, till parents due to their work etc just can't afford to continue fighting. They will manipulate evidence, example: if you need the video of a bus they will tell you that unfortunately all was black and all they could pull was audio. It won't be long before before a tradegy occurs at this school, and it will be 100% fault of the administration.

This school has come a long way with the current administration. The office staff, teachers and even the custodians are so helpful and have the children's best interest at heart! Way to go Panthers!!

This school is by far the worst school ever, I have been to! I have been called names, the teachers take to much favorism, the princible is a mess, isn't she supposed to get to school before anyone else?! Some teachers buy other student presents, I think that's wrong, if your going to do tiny do it privately! Oh yeah there is this hing called panting I the locker room, I suppose the pe teachers have no control? I don't like this, I'm going to a new school next year for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

very good schoollllll good teachers and great administrative staff. For me excellent to my daughter

My daughter is starting 8th grade, and with the exception of 1 teacher, we have had nothing but excellent teachers. The chorus program is phenominal and is the main reason we chose this school. If your child is interested in the arts, this is the school to attend!

I am in the 8th grade, and this is my first year at Powell, and..I HATE IT. I just moved here from a different state. It's terrible at Powell. Students can say profanity, and all they'd get is a "Watch your language!" At my old school, we'd get in huge trouble. And the students at Powell, oh my lord.. they're all smokers, and getting arrested, stuff like that. There are SO MANY fights here, too. We had like 2 fights a year at my old school. If you were ever thinking about letting your child go to Powell, don't. Send them to Challenger K-8, Winding Waters K-8, D.S. Parrot, etc. I used to love school, but once I came to Powell..I already hate Powell and I've been here only about 9 weeks. If there was an option to put zero stars on the star rating, I would.

My son has attend this school for three years now. The teachers are very helpful, always response to emails. The track team was great my son is one of there top runners. Mr. C is awesome. Coach uncle buck is great. Unfortunately they are losing some teachers to budget cuts.

Last modified Powell Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.