702 students|Hernando

Bad
Good

As a graduating student from Nature Coast Technical High School I began to look back at my past educational institutions with regards to how well they've prepared me for the next level. Looking at Parrott Middle School as a whole it has prepared me for everything I could ever encounter at the high school level. They always had classes for the advanced or gifted, the staff was always went above and beyond to help you educationally because that is what they are paid to do. Parents need to realize though that bullying occurs at every school no matter public or private, help your kids past it and they will learn to be tougher, cause lets face it the real world isn't nice and nobody is gonna call your mom when your boss is rigid or your coworkers are "mean." And anyone who questions how well this school actually prepared me, I have a 4.2GPA, have received my associates degree, 3 industry certifications in the medical field, and was accepted to USF in less than two weeks after applying. "You can't help those who don't want to learn, and you can't stop those that strive for educational success."

Rude office staff and lack of correction in class, hard to learn is a result of this.

This school needs alot of improvement, starting with the rude office staff.. They do not want to talk to you when you come in. It is impossible to get the teachers to give your child make up work. And most parents would love for the child to not have any homework, but my child hasn't had homework once, when asked some teacher at open house about homework, one response said why bother the kids won't do it anyways! Teachers dont care here, just there for a paycheck, not for the childrens education!! My child will NOT be there next year!!!!

this is a awesome school I know how to get to classes on time and all the teachers are very nice <3

unorganized the staff has know idea as to what is going on student was missing and they had no clue as to what to do her teacher had now clue as to if she was in class today or not had sheriff,s office looking for her and could not get a response or call back

My child has been bullied for 4yrs started at eastside and continued to parrot I have been up to the school and called no principles have contacted me back every time I complain they call Dcf and then had my child baker acted I understand if they took every troubled child out the staff wouldnt have a job so they protect the bully and disregard the victim this school is the worst school ever they don't care about our children I have talked with a lot of people in our community they have the same problems most of the staff members are heartless sad that our tax dollars go to paying them !

This school is a great school and has the greatest band program. Mr. B. , the band director, makes all his band students feel like they are special and teach them a true love of music.

We figured we had nothing to lose... Although, Parrot had a bad reuputation, we figured we had nothing to lose after interviewing the rest of the Hernando county shcool's faculty and leadership. What a pleasant suprise! As my oldest of 3 children begins his final year, it is time to leak, this one time, the outstanding leadership that the faculty has bestowed upon us. We believe that success is the progressive realization of a worhwhile goal, and that perfection is the pursuit of excellence. The Leopard team continues the experience of the example I want for my children.

d.s parrott middle school is the best school ever!great teachers,cool classes,and fun activities,good friends,and un-forgetable memories.thats all :)

I am a student a Parrott Middle School. My teachers are all great. They do an excellent job despite the budget cuts. I have been getting really good grades. Check out Mr. W ,s after school guitar class. He is an awsome teacher.

Last modified D. S. Parrott Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.