Pine Grove Elementary School 1

Posted April 27, 2014
Most teachers here are just collecting paychecks. Most expect more than they should out of the students. They don't handle situations involving discipline. They shove the child off to another person. They throw things away that you buy for your child. I bought hand sanitizer for my son, with lotion for sensitivity and the librarian took it from him and threw it in the trash because he didn't put it away fast enough. Needless to say, I had words with him and retrieved the sanitizer that was bought with MY money. One of many stories I could tell out of the five awful years here. If you have a choice, don't let your child go here. They're awful.

Pine Grove Elementary School 5

Posted August 23, 2013
I am a high school student and went here from K-5th. My family practically revolves around this school, because my sibling attends and a member of our family has taught there for 10+ years. This school is a GREAT school. We lost a lot of teachers and staff when Winding Waters K-8 school opened, because our student attendance significantly dropped as I heard. We still have many of our teachers and staff that have worked here for years, many of which I remember from my days there. Many teachers still there are excellent and fun, our specials teachers ( for art, science, P.E., media center, etc.) are great, and front office administration is friendly and just awesome. Our school is a green school and has recycling bins in every building, a greenhouse, grows plants (you'll see them as soon as you walk into the campus) and is the home of some small animals that are well taken care of. We have a day care program (Wee Care) and VPK. Our school is extremely friendly and I just love it. Though this school isn't always in the newspaper for doing so many great things, I would say if Pine Grove were given personification, it would be described as ambitious, and courteous~ :)

Pine Grove Elementary School 1

Posted January 30, 2013
i have been putting my 5 yr olds lunch in her bookbag she came home with the same lunch in her bookbag.she told me mommy im scared to tell the teacher i have a packed lunch now she is only 5 coming from a new school and im really upset because there was a substitute in her class she was scared to say something so i called the school and left a message sayin she had a packed lunch so if the school says no children left behind what about no children left hungary???????????????

Pine Grove Elementary School 3

Posted June 03, 2011
Reason - My son went here for 4th and I wasn't thrilled. Now boeing in . 5th and graduating 2011. I was very disappointed when I went to the school today for his 5th grade dance. When I was told that NO PARENTS were allowed to join. WHAT in the world is that all about. The school should be glad that there are parents that would love to be there and that their kids would love for them to have been there as well. VERY DISAPPOINTED. My son didnt care to stay so we checked him out as well. Another thing is NO FIELD TRIPS at all. But FCAT was a BIG PRIORITY though. KIDS need a break and tif you have students that love for their parents to participate it should be allowed and ALL times. Thank god for the science teacher and the cool rocket experiment the kids did it was really fun and a learning experience for them to remember. Other than him my son really didnt care for any of the teachers he had one day they were really nice and the next day they were on his case. Bipolar if you ask me. Principle is a great guy. Mrs Principle please give these teachers some spice so they can keep up with our young adults. Dress code for some teachers should also be inforced.... ENJOY your summer.

Posted February 04, 2011
I have 3 children. A 3rd grader, 1st grader and one in VPK that will start kindergarten in Aug. I think Pine Grove is a great school in many ways and not so great in others. One of the great things is that most all the front office staff/ will address you by Ms.(your last name) before you even say who or what you are there for. But one thing that is concerning is the bus situation is crazy. And the homework load per child is out of this world! for example just for my 1st grader we can easily spend 2hrs doing homework.....thats only one kid, I have 3! So it can be from 2hrs to 5hrs of homework a night. Grrrrr! And P.E Once a month is crazy too!

Pine Grove Elementary School 3

Posted September 11, 2010
I think everyone is friendly, but sometimes that's not enough. My son has Special needs and they would leave him out of everything. They didn't watch him as they should have. I had to pick him up a lot because he got into stuff and need a bath...it was just ridiculous. Now he is Explorer K-8 & involved in a terrific ESE program.

Posted April 27, 2010
Pine Grove is full of good teachers, friendly staff, and a family like atmosphere.

Pine Grove Elementary School 5

Posted September 04, 2008
My son has been going to Pine Grove for 4 years and he loves it i would never send my child to any other other school. The staff and curriculum is outstanding.. The office staff is wonderful an inviting when you arrive. The new principal is doing a fantastic job. I would never change a thing about Pine Grove!!

Pine Grove Elementary School 0

Posted July 06, 2008
This school is one of the best in the State of Florida. The caring staff, the wonderful leadership, the outstanding students as well as their supporting families, and the partnerships with the community are what makes this school a FABULOUS school! They have truly found the connection between home, school and community and utilize the ability to produce excellenct students.Hernando County needs to read into what is done so very well there.

Posted January 29, 2008

Pine Grove Elementary School
14411 Ken Austin Parkway, Brooksville, FL  34613
Last modified Pine Grove Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pine Grove Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top