613 students|Hernando

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted April 26, 2016
Active teachers, friendly staff, challenging work, good work load for home, overall great balance. My daughter loves it. She says the kids are better up here as well. Overall win!

Posted August 27, 2015
Excellent School, Very Good with Children with disabilities,The teachers are very friendly,Very good communication with Parents,Organized! Definetly Recomend!

Posted June 04, 2014
Moton Elementary School has been such a blessing for my daughter and myself! I adore all the teachers and staff and couldnt ask for a better school for my daughter to attend. Thank you Moton Elementary!!

Posted December 02, 2013
The best elementary school!!! From the principal, teachers and the wonderful office staff!! I can not say enough good about this school!! I felt like family from the very first day there. Everyone is very caring and helpful. If you ever have a problem, they are on it the first minute and do everything to fix it. This school does so many events for the kids, and everyone is so involved. The school is very clean and maintained, always decorated making it fun for the kids!! I will be very sad the day my daughter goes to middle school, we will miss everyone at Moton!! Thank you to Mr Griftth and the entire school staff for a wonderful job done, your dedication is beyond words!!!

Posted January 22, 2012
Looking back about the reviews about how volunteers are not welcomed, no school should entirely be based on how one or a few staff members treat them. That does not set the precedent for the entire school. Several of the teachers at the school are incredibly dedicated. There are a few who spend a great deal of time planning individualized, differentiated lessons. It is wonderful to see the results with the kids. The school has had some great festivals like the fall and spring festivals as well as the one held this past winter where each students' writing in the school was posted. The music teacher planned three concerts for the different grade levels that impressed numerous parents. Also, administration is very supportive. Though MES was a "C" school last year, I know for a fact that many worked hard. The school has a high ESE population because they are one of the county's two elementary ESE centers, and many of the kids have made great progress with a lot of support. The students also get support by logging into computer lab programs that focus on reading and math for 30 minutes every day.

Moton Elementary School 2

Posted March 30, 2011
Once again double standards rule again in the school. The rules only change for a certain few, so as a previous person wrote do not volunteer cause you only get stepped on.

Posted September 11, 2010
I know times change, but when I went to school I LOVED it. The teacher's were great, the Principal was great. I use to LOVE volunteering, when I was in 5th grade. Our principal at the time was Mr. Clifford & he was very close with all of his students. I remember when I left Moton & started at Powell...Mr/ Clifford started at Powell. I was so excited. He wasn't the same pleasant man though, but I never blamed him...Powell was horrible. It was full of rebels. I miss Moton & all of it's memories.

Moton Elementary School 1

Posted May 19, 2010
As a volunteer at Moton, I can offer this advice... do not volunteer. Volunteers are very often treated poorly. We all come into the school out of the kindness of our hearts and are, more often than not, treated with condescension and rudeness. It is claimed that we are very valued, but this does not play out in our treatment. Teachers are appreciative of our efforts, but the poor treatment we receive from the rest of the staff far outweighs any positive reinforcement from those teachers. This is one volunteer who will think twice before volunteering again.

Moton Elementary School 2

Posted April 14, 2010
Moton does have some wonderful teachers. We have gotten lucky the last two years getting the best teachers. However, there is alot of different clicks in the school and it is almost like a soap opera. Staff talking about staff. Volunteers are not treated like they should be treated and there are alot of volunteers that come in everyday. Everybody should be treated with the utmost respect. Can't we all get along! I glad the fcats are over so our students can start learning what they need to be learning. Some students at moton really need help!

Moton Elementary School

Posted July 20, 2009
Moton is a wonderful school and best kept secret in Brooksville for those who do not know. The teachers and staff go above and beyond. The staff treats all the children like their own. Moton cares about its students, staff and community! f

Moton Elementary School
7175 Emerson Road, Brooksville, FL  34601
Last modified Moton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.