Callahan Middle School 1

Posted July 30, 2013
I'm a former student of Callahan Middle and my experience there was not a great one. I faced bullying and many teachers that only cared about you when you started failing and your parents got involved. The only thing we ever really focused on anyway was FCAT and that does not get you very far. My sister now goes here and faces constant bullying even though we have repeatedly informed the principal and many of the staff. So over all I feel that this school is a real let down.

Posted June 18, 2013
I am a former CMS teacher. I now feel free to say that Principal Ellen Ryan is a fantastic effective transformational educational leader. Ms. Ryan's high standards will help your child/children succeed in our exceedingly advanced ever evolving competitive technical local and global job market. CMS is extremely fortunate to have Ellen Ryan as its principal. Assistant Principal Underhill is one of the most patient thoughtful helpful people I have ever met. Mr. Underhill carves time out of his unbelievable busy schedule to individually assist the students, teachers, and staff. The faculty and staff at CMS are hardworking dedicated professionals who truly care about all the students and work endlessly to improve the school program to prepare students to become self-sufficient successful highly valued contributing members of the local community and national society. If you have any concerns, I urge you to contact the teachers, and/or administrators immediately. I know for a fact that the professional educators at Callahan Middle School want to work with you to provide your child/children with the best educational experience possible. Best wishes, E.Hofstedt

Posted June 14, 2013
We went to the chorus concert last night and was pleasantly surprised in one week camp how great the young ladies and gentleman sounded. It was nice to see a good crowd as well there to support the young adults as well. I look forward to the up and coming school year as my child continues her education and learning skills as she continues to grow and become a woman of the modern ages. I know if she continues this road she will be successful and also a contributor not only to this community but wherever she goes. I also had the pleasure of meeting some of the school board staff as they were in attendance and showing support as well. With one year of this school in the past and 2 more to go, I am well satisfied with all areas of what this school has to offer the youth including positive role models as well. Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to express my opinion of not only what my child has learned and will continue to learn over the next couple of years but as a parent as well. God bless :)

Posted June 13, 2013
Callahan Middle has many opportunities for student involvement. Student Government, Math Counts and Robotics Club are just a few of the great activities this school offers. In addition, this past year the school was part of the National Geographic Bee which proved to be very beneficial. Not only does this school offer scholastic involvement, it also allows for involvement in sports - track, soccer, football, softball, basketball, volleyball and cheerleading. From a parent's standpoint, the School Advisory Council is for you. Being part of this group allows for you, as a parent, to be in touch with what's happening at school. Additionally, the leadership at the school is always available. I feel they have an open-door policy. Great school!

Posted June 13, 2013
Overall, I was very impressed with Callahan Middle School. As a new teacher I felt very welcomed by the principal, fellow teachers, and staff. The teachers collaborate through subject area and grade level teams to analyze student success, share new teaching strategies, and plan enrichment activities. I felt the principal, Ellen Ryan, was very supportive and provided me with guidance as a new teacher. Additionally, she is always pushing her students to the next level of success by providing them with extracurricular activities such as Math Counts, Robotics Club, Spelling Bee, and Geography Bee. No matter what a student's talent may be, Ellen Ryan is ensuring that they will be in an environment to thrive. I enjoyed my time at CMS and feel blessed to have begun my teaching career there.

Posted June 13, 2013
This fun and supportive school has several clubs...the Choral Camp Mrs. Salis puts on is spectacular...the students learn so much about music, singing, and performing! The teacher puts so much personal time and money into it... this shows how much she cares! This goes for many of the other teachers at this school, as well!

Posted June 12, 2013
The Chorus at Callahan Middle School is truly fabulous. Even though they meet only once a week for an hour every Wednesday, they work hard to learn music that they perform around Nassau County Florida and in the Florida Vocal Association's Choral and Solo & Ensemble MPA events. Ellen Ryan, the CMS Principal, is their greatest supporter both financially and within the school setting. The CMS Rambler Chorus is proud to represent themselves, their family, their community and Nassau County Schools.

Posted May 31, 2013
I have had the distinct pleasure of being a member of the CMS faculty and I can confidently say that this is a GREAT school. The teachers are excellent, dedicated, and most of all, hardworking. The school is organized in many ways including grade level teams and subject area teams and all teachers are involved in an activity, sport, club, or production. As a teacher I felt supported and encouraged by the Ms. Ryan, the principal, and administration. Parents are informed of school activities via newsletters, phone tree messages, and a well maintained website. I have worked at several schools and I have never seen such a friendly and cooperative faculty. Five starts for Callahan Middle School!

Posted May 29, 2013
CMS is awesome. I've had the misfortune of experiencing public schools in Duval County, and I would like to commend CMS!! This is a terrific school in which to send your middle school students. They have active an active SAC (school advisory council), PTO, sports, band, drama, math club, Robotics club, gardening club, etc. There is something for everyone. Both of my daughters received excellent middle school educations that included challenging honors classes, gifted classes, and high school Algebra!! My daughter actually earned her high school credit for Algebra in middle school. I can't say enough about how wonderful everyone is at this school, from the office staff, to the teachers and students, to the custodial staff. Thank you for a wonderful middle school experience!!

Posted May 29, 2013
I would like to let everyone know what a wonderful school Callahan Middle School (CMS) is. I am grateful my children were able to attend this school for the many reasons. The level of education they received was challenging yet attainable. I've been a volunteer with the school as well, and I'm very pleased with the way students and families are treated. I've proud to say that CMS has earned an A for 10 years in a row. This isn't an easy task. It requires the entire school to work toward this achievement. CMS definitely takes your child's education seriously and will not let you down.

Callahan Middle School
450121 Old Dixie Highway, Callahan, FL  32011
Last modified Callahan Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Callahan Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top