Posted October 13, 2013
I enjoyed this school. For all the people who complain you need to be more in control of your education. It is a small time school with little bullying. If you think there are a lot of drugs and profanity go to a duval school. For the person who said it does not prepare you for the real world but the said students use too much profanity and bigger programs like cheerleading and football get all the funding...... Grow up that's pretty much how real life goes. You can't expect other people like counselors to get you in college, fill out your own applications. And for the parent with their kid skipping, get control of your kid. If you couldn't keep track at that at small time west nassau it would have been way worse at a duval county school. I graduated from west nassau with honors and continued to get a full ride academic scholarship to university of Florida. It's called hard work. If you are looking for a handout then yes this school isn't for you. But it has small town values, a place to build great friendships and actual communication and realionships with the teachers. I would never trade any of my memories made at this school.

Posted August 04, 2013
This school is honestly one of the worst of it's kind. I would rate it 0 stars if I could. There was a shocking amount of bullying going on. Most of the students were disrespectful and there is always profanity being used up and down the halls in between classes. Most teachers picked "favorites" and used that to judge your grade. There were only 2-3 good teachers that actually did their job the way it should be done. The Guidance Department is a joke and gives you no help in the college process whatsoever. One counselor will swear by one thing, while the other will tell you something completely different. I missed out on several scholarship opportunities due to being misinformed. Unless you're a cheerleader or a football player, you might as well give up on trying to get funding for any other program. This school mainly emphasizes on getting higher FCAT scores and less on preparing a student for the real world. I am a 2011 graduate of this school, and I couldn't be more happy. It's a shame that when others ask me where I graduated from, I have to say "West Nassau High School". All in all, you're better off going to another school if you value your education. -A Former Student.

Posted August 07, 2012
Needs much improvement ! I had a daughter there for 10th and 11th and she began cutting classes every day. I wasnt even notified until she was so far absent from a couple classes that she had little chance of passing the year at all. Between the drugs, guys grabbing her, and profanity, I almost understood why she would skip classes. Almost nothing was done to keep me informed of her attendance, except me calling and going by the school daily by popping in during school hours and making them call the teacher she was supposed to have at that time to see if she was actually in class before I would discover she wasn't there and was still continuing to miss. Nothing was done about cyber bulling or bullying on the bus which happened to my other daughter almost daily and was reported repeatedly. As for cell phone use, it is NEVER enforced. Don't know why anyone would want to send their child here.

Posted May 16, 2011
This school is great for every kid. They support you when your down, they help you through tough times, the kids are very friendly. It is hard not to love this school. You can get a great education, great friends, great sports programs, amazing musical talent, and great students there.

Posted September 26, 2009

Posted August 07, 2009
I always hear good things about this school. The kids are really close and they have very good athletes and offer school programs for children to look in to. Their medical program has been outstanding ever since my child has attended the school.

Posted July 14, 2009
I attend West Nassau. It's a good school but sometimes the teachers focus too much n FCAT.

Posted June 02, 2009

Posted April 30, 2009
Great School! mix of good teachers, great staff, and an excellent student body.

Posted March 26, 2009

West Nassau County High School
1 Warrior Dr, Callahan, FL  32011
Last modified West Nassau County High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Nassau County High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 54 reviews. Top