No rating

Nicaea Academy

Private | PK-8

Student diversity

Living in Cape Coral

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $127,400. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $970.

Posted October 19, 2014

I was a homeschool mom. I love the small classroom ratios and one on-one training.

Posted October 9, 2014

Not all teacher are qualify "The Florida Department of Education does not accredit, regulate, approve, or license K-12 private schools. Additionally, the Florida Department of Education does not officially recognize any of the various agencies that accredit private schools. They can hire anyone they one . No discipline

Posted December 23, 2013

I was very hesitant to send my 2 year old to preschool but it was a choice I had to make. I looked at all my options but nothing compared to Nicaea. My son who is very attached to mommy has done well transitioning to school and I have been very happy with the teachers and director. My only complaint is the food served is the state funded "school" food which is all processed and prepackaged. I would much prefer healthier options since he has so many meals there. But seems like healthy food at school is a pipe dream. All in all its the best fit for our family and the food issue isnt really an issue at all its just a preference and would make a great school that much better.

Posted August 7, 2013

As a parent who was set on homeschooling, I was anxious about finding a school I felt comfortable with. Nicaea Academy of Cape Coral came along at the perfect time, and I couldn't be happier. My children will be returning for a 2nd year tomorrow. The classroom atmosphere is different then public school classroom in my opinion. Teachers take the time to see where each child is at academically, and adjust the curriculum to fit their needs so they will be more successful. Class sizes are small, and the teachers are really caring. Also, whereas some public schools are shortening or taking away recess, I like that at this school the children are given a few breaks during the day to burn some energy and refocus. Because of mixed grades, children learn to get along with all ages, and bonds were created between the kids, teachers, parents, and staff. For parents who can't afford a private school education, they are wonderful about helping parents find resources so their children can attend. Most importantly, my kids LOVE it. It's more like a family then a school. 10 stars for Nicaea! I look forward to watching my children grow along with Nicaea Academy in the years ahead!

Posted June 27, 2013

Our kids love it here, they always look forward to the special events days!! For two working parents, the food program they offer really takes a lot of pressure off. The meals are all very balanced and always planned ahead and posted. You can get your child's sleeping mat here. Our kids thrive here and it carries over well at home. They also have a scholarship program that helps out beyond belief. Very well balanced day of play and learning. Holiday projects are fun for us.

Posted April 30, 2013

Nicaea Academy My child is in one of the preschool classes. We love her teacher, she's always happy and smiling when we drop her off. I find staff to be friendly and caring towards the children. Communication from the teacher to the parent could improve. Some teachers communicate better than others. The director is open, honest, and willing to listen to concerns parents may have, always working towards what's best for the child. I feel the facility is secure, clean and well maintained.

Posted April 22, 2013

my child attends kindergarten and my nephew 5th grade at Nicaea Academy. Their teachers really care about their academics and that they understand what is being taught, not just getting work done. The way they teach and allow them to grow as individuals puts public schools to shame. I wanted a school for my child that had a no tolerance for bullying but instead i found a school where there is no bullying. all the children get along so well, teachers remind them of manners, and in return they are in a positive atmosphere. Only reason Im not rating 5 starts is because I think computers in the classroom for kids center time and reading would be really nice. but i think theyre working on that.

Posted April 19, 2013

Nicaea Academy is a wonderful school. The staff is so caring and friendly always welcoming with a smile. My girls love attending the school they never want to miss a day my daughters are always happy when I pick them up and can not wait to show me their projects/artwork they have done for the day. My 3 yr old is learning phonics and can not wait to share her new "phonic song" she learned for the day with my husband and I. My husband and I have high standards when it comes to where we send our children, we looked into many schools and felt Nicaea was the best choice by far! Nicaea is a distance from our home but well worth the drive. We are at peace knowing our kids our happy and in a safe caring learning environment.

Posted April 19, 2013

My newborn daughter just started this school and like other parents I looked high and low for the place where my child would attend. I can say the teacher in this classroom is WONDERFUL!!!!!! My daughter has not had any transition problems and she is happy when I pick her up everyday. I am thankful for a loving school like Nicaea where I can leave my child and know she will be taken care of and loved. All of the staff from the director to the teachers have been available for my concerns and questions. I feel welcomed every time I come.

Posted April 19, 2013

My toddler daughter loves going to Nicaea each day! All of the teachers are very friendly and knowledgeable and she is comfortable going to any of them. I'm amazed each day at the things she learns while at school--songs, games, words, motor skills. Her teachers plan hands-on activities for each day and they care for her as if she was their own. I feel very comfortable leaving my daughter at Nicaea each day and have peace of mind while I'm at work. I would definitely recommend Nicaea Academy to any parent looking for a daycare with caring teachers and strong Christian values.

Posted April 18, 2013

I strongly advise any parent to enroll their child in this school. The teachers are awesome and so is the school. My wife and I searched and searched for the most qualified school to allow the opportunity to educate our young toddler. Nicaea by far was the obvious choice. After must review and thought we chose to enroll our son there. The teachers include each parent in social acitivities and allow us to participate whenever possible. Their valentine's day party was the best. My wife cried when she received the card that our son made. The staff at Nicaea is warm, friendly and welcoming (even to a Dad like me). The teacher's have gone to great lengths to make our family a part of theirs. We cannot thank you enough!

Posted April 18, 2013

I love this Academy and so does my 2 year old! My son has been a student there for almost one year and cannot wait to go in the morning. The staff is friendly, courteous and actually care about my child. They treat him as if he was their own. I truly enjoy every picture that comes home and the smile he has when I come to pick him up. Some days he wants to stay and play with all his friends. Every morning before it's time to leave, he yells "play with Drea"! Mrs. Drea and Mrs. Yaha have been wonderful since the start. I was terrified to leave my son with non-family members. His teachers made me feel at home and always have taken exceptional care of him. They sing, dance, color, paint, play and have a wonderful time. I love seeing the pictures throughout the day of my son playing and having fun! This is a great educational enviroment and my son's vocabulary is soaring! I have been to countless famlily activities, holiday performances and holiday parties. There is always a celebration in the classroom. They even held a HUGE birthday party for my son! Everyday he comes home counting higher and learns so much.

Posted March 18, 2013

My child was so unhappy there.. crying every day when I would leave. I think it is poorly run and like the previous person said.. the teachers were never smiling and neither were the children. I do not recommend

Posted March 4, 2013

After reading the 5 star comments about Nicaea Academy. I am saddened to say. I do not agree. This is from my own personal opinion and observations. They teachers are NEVER smiling. Every morning my child would cry, and not want me to leave. Which is not he/she's personality. My child has been to day care before and I would have to chase him down for him to say good-bye. Same goes with the current school my child is in. He runs to the door and runs into his classroom. Not one time has he cried. The staff is very unprofessional. There is a moldy smell as soon as you walk through the door. For a private Christian school. They should be ashamed. I am/was very unhappy with this school, and would NOT recommend this Academy to anyone. Again, this is my personal overall view. Proceed with caution.

Posted December 28, 2012

My son attends the Preschool at Nicaea and everyone has been great. He has fun and learns in a caring, safe environment. I definitely recommend you check out Nicaea for PK and on, you'll be happy with your decision.

Posted November 14, 2012

I love Nicaea! My son has learned so much since coming to Nicaea Academy of Cape Coral. He LOVES coming to school everyday. They are always smiling and happy to see us. It is so comforting knowing that he is in such a loving environment!

Posted November 7, 2012

Nicaea has provided a great foundation for my children. I am so lucky to have found a school that cares for my kids. They have a facebook page and post pics and video during the day so I feel comforted. They support there families and make us feel welcome.. Thanks again Nicaea

• Erica Scheall
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone