Cape Coral Preparatory and Fitness Academy

Charter | K-8 | 187 students

Our school is best known for our high quality academic and fitness programs.

Posted Saturday, September 13, 2014

I have several students attending this school and have been very impressed with the teachers and principal Fowler who is always available welcoming and friendly. I love the way the schools works to meet the needs of all students with strong academics and still developing fitness and teaching kids to be healthy and learn how to be respectful and responsible. More schools need to have their personal and student centered approach. I haven't had any issues with the new lunch lady. I didn't care much for the one last year. The new lady brings treats and rewards for students showing respect and using good manners in the cafeteria.

Posted September 4, 2014

Well let me first off start by saying that the teachers are awesome I love all the teachers in the k through 2nd. The middle school teacher not so happy with last year and they have him there this year. And the front office staff and the new cafeteria lady is horrible. And the new tkd teacher not even teaching tkd how are they gonna preform in tournaments if they don't know the stuff they need to know and today they could not even call the parents to let them know that a bus is running late maybe your front office staff should come in earlier than 730 talk about lazy. The cafeteria lady so rude and disrespectful towards the kids. Not happy with front office staff and how it is ran maybe the staff should be there early enough to catch what is going on and I don't like that the tkd teacher is talking bad about the teacher from last year how unprofessional. They could do better I am not going to rate the school. But if I did it would be on the teaching of those few teachers.

Posted August 20, 2014

This school is an excellent school! The principal Mrs. Fowler really goes among and beyond to help the students and welcomes the parents. The teachers there are great and care about the students and their teaching methods are outstanding. My granddaughter loves this school. I highly recommend this school to anyone seeking the best education and fitness program for their children or grandchildren.

Posted April 24, 2014

My granddaughter is in kindergarten and could not be more excited about her progress. This school focuses on the entire student, academics and physical activity. Her reading is above any of my expectations. She is getting more than a well rounded education. I have nothing but praise for this school and the excellence and caring of all teachers, especially Mrs. Marston. Love the small class sizes, my grandchild doesn't get lost in the crowd. I would and do recommend this school to everyone!!!!!

Posted April 23, 2014

FROM OK TO AMAZING- My son attends this school and has received excellent and challenging education so far. The teachers are very caring and spend extra time with each child making sure they understand what is expected of them. I know what the school was like before, and I can see where some reviews here are negative, however, the new administration and the Principal Ms. Fowler make all the difference. Their main goal is to ensure that our students are prepared and geared toward academic excellence. Thank you so much for everything that you are doing with the school.

Posted March 20, 2014

As the new management company, we are elated to join the 3 Preparatory and Fitness Academies. Our organization provides students with an invigorating and challenging environment which prepares students for college and beyond. Throughout the country, we have proven track record of academic excellence for all students. To bring the Preparatory and Fitness Academies to the level of their other schools, Celerity has increased use of technology and curriculum support in order to ensure the success of all of the students. Celerity is proud to join the Preparatory and Fitness Academy families and look forward to the growth of our wonderful partnership!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted November 19, 2013

I have a 4th grader and a 3rd grader. Both great students. Both love their school and their teachers. I don't like the lunch aide, she yells at them like a mad woman and tells them to have a silent lunch. With an extended school day, I don't believe lunch should be "silent" other than that lunch aide, everyone is great friendly and they DO NOT discriminate against special needs. Ratings are tough because every experience is different. When we moved here last year we enrolled them in an "A" school cape elementary, my son didnt like it, he was deathly afraid of the 3rd grade teacher names Adkins.. The office personnel was rude and the school didnt feel "inviting" so even though they had a 10 rating at the time, we took them out and put them here at CCPFA which has a low grade, but they love it!!

Posted November 5, 2013

This is a newer school so there is going to be some issues with the way things are run. No school will ever make every parent happy. This is my daughters second year attending. Last year she was in the 3rd grade, and I do agree that the changes with staff last year and lack of communication is frustrating but, the overall education and caring from the staff I personally think is wonderful. This year they have all new owners and a new principle. Mrs. Fowler is a wonderful addition. ( I personally did not care for last years principle and believe that all issues are gone now that she is gone) These changes have made a huge impact on this school. I believe that they are moving in the right direction. My son will be entering kindergarten next year and I without a doubt will be sending him to CCPFA.

Posted October 15, 2013

DO NOT GO TO THIS SCHOOL!!! Listen-some of the posts are favorable, but it is only because they more than likely have a decent teacher. The teachers are only part of the school! Some are most likely good teachers---BUT the organization is horrid!!! My son has gone through 4 teachers in one QUARTER!!!Don't fool yourselves ! If your teacher is good -they will more than likely get out of there at the first opportunity! Then they will fill in the permanent teacher position with a "long term sub".That's what they called my son's last teacher. Oh, by the way did I mention they never mentioned to any of the parents that they fired his last teacher? And replaced her with that said teacher's aid--Ms Littlestone!! A full time volunteer!I went to get my sons grades (after asking all year what's going on with grades and work) and they forgot to teach science-the whole first quarter-check her out....she teaches 6th AND 7th grade together! Apparently, her twenty children attend the school, so they thought it only fit to make her a teacher!! I went to the school district and they were mortified with everything I told them was going on-I don't have enough characters remaining to go on

Posted October 3, 2013

I have a 4th grader and a 2nd grader attending this school. I am very satisfied with the teachers they have. They have taken the time to update me personally 15-30 minutes before school starts. This school was just acquired/bought by a very succesful charter schools company. I was hesitant about this at first. However, the change in the school is amazing now, they definately have high expectations of their students and teachers, mutual understanding of respect, and have their priorities straight. The new principal takes walks around the school, cafeteria, classrooms to make sure that the schools new expectations are being met. She smiles and greets everyone, and my kids tell me they see her in the cafeteria everyday making sure they follow the new implemented rules. Before the new charter schools management, the cafeteria was extremely noisy and a bit disorganized. There is no tolerance for placing your hands on another student, whether it's 'horseplay' or not, which was always ignored at my sons previous school. The parents have met the superintendant, who moved to the swfl area from California. He worked with the celerity charter schools in California.

Posted October 3, 2013

continued....Parents are becoming involved, the p.t.o is in place, the new building is almost done, and the fitness program is great. Before CCPFA, I was paying out of pocket for soccer and was also going to enroll my son in Karate , these afterschool activities took a heavy time toll on our family. It's nice to see a school that has soccer, tennis, and taekwondo being part of my childrens school day. I too was concerned with the extended school day, but my children have never complained and come home excited. I would tell other parents to ignore every single previous post, it's not who they are anymore. I would not hesitate telling parents to give this school a try

Posted September 12, 2013

This school has been horrible. My child hasn't had a proper teacher until well into the 6th week of school, they send about 8 pages of homework home on material that is not taught, they do not have a gym and allow the girls and boys to change clothes in front of each other. It is beyond me. They discriminate against children with special needs. Don't respond to parents questions, don't have a proper curriculum, they are a joke. I have been trying to get my child on a bus schedule, find out about free and reduced lunch, they wont tell me about their fitness program and the principle Mrs. Rice refuses to speak to me. They want parent involvement but won't communicate so how do they expect this to happen.

Posted August 29, 2013

Good school. My son is happy there. He loves the academics and especially the fitness element. Uniforms are a big plus. He scored high on his FCAT and even got a letter from the governor for his scores. I would recommend this school to anyone.

Posted August 25, 2013

my daughter attended here 2 yrs. she prev attended a Montessori school for three yrs. at xmas time her teacher left for another job, i figured by the time xmas vac was over they would be well on there way to having a perm teacher to replace her. when she returned from vac they had a sub and barely any teaching was going on. at the end of jan we went on a family vac came back from that and still no perm teacher...(in this economy they cant find a teacher willing to work?) so I pulled her out and finished her school yr by homeschooling her and thats when i found out how bad it really was.... she couldn't mulitply or divide write in cursive they barely teach history or science, it was a big mess. and by the time she finished her school year with me she was back up where she shouldve been. the school does give an enormous amount of homework, (but why so much they have an extended school day why isn't it being handled sometime between 8-4) i'm guessing so the parents can teach their children because for two yrs she learned nothing there. all they care about is trying to pass the fcats i'm guessing i dont know what else it can be... just beware for your childs educational future.

Posted July 16, 2013

... Enrolled them in Cape Coral prep and fitness and they love it! The extended school day was a little rough at first, but they adjusted. As for academics, my kids are smart and do well in school. They would do well at this school or at any other. Why? Because as a parent I'm always involved with their learning. I'm always helping them with their homework and reinforcing skills taught at school. If your gonna leave your child's eductIon solely to their teacher, they arent going to succeed! If your child hears you complain about the amount of homework they get nightly, they too will devolope a bad attitude towards learning and homework! They DO NOT get a lot of homework. If you take the time to sit with your child and positively help him/her through it, you can knock the homework out in less than half hour- that's less time than it takes to whine about the schools, the teachers, the educational system and anything else you wanna blame as a reason your children aren't succeeding!

Posted June 30, 2013

I agree charter schools are good. I would recommend Oasis to anyone. The principle's children attend this school, but most teachers send their kids to different schools. It is a small school with one class per grade. I would expect the teachers would know your name. I agree, there is a lot of homework. There is only one hour out of the extended day for athletics, what are they doing the rest of the day? When my son would do homework in the evenings, there was a lot I would have to instruct him in because the teacher did not. I did not leave public school because I or my child was not happy. I personally chose this school because my son loves sports. Martial arts, tennis, and soccer are very enticing to offer in a school day. The lack of academics being taught puzzles me. I just recieved his FCAT scores, and they did go down. Since it is a newer school, there was not many reviews to hear other parent's opinions on CCPFA. Glad the year is over. On to bigger and better.

Posted June 9, 2013

This is a great school. The academics are just as important as the athletics. It's funny that one post is complaining about the academics, yet complaining about homework, hum... Interesting. For the January post, FCAT was not even taken yet. How did your daughter go down? If you are talking about the year prior, FCAT changed, and MOST students, regardless of the school, dropped levels. Just check the news. Also, the 3rd graders this year, the only grade that has scores posted, was very close to the state average. My children attend this school, and I would not send them anywhere else. The teachers and staff truly care, and know everyone by name. Charter schools are not for all people, if you are not happy, then go back to a public school. Just remember the reason you left public schools, you weren't happy there either, so maybe it is you.

Posted May 29, 2013

Parents beware. It's great to think outside the box, but children still need a good education. The concept was very appealing, but athletics should not take place of academics. The amount of homework was very overwhelming considering school runs from 8-4. Worst mistake I made in my child's education was sending her to this school. Very disappointing.

Posted January 14, 2013

PLEASE do not send your children to this school. My daughter went for one year after being in a public school. That year, her FCAT scores dropped from high 4's to low 2's. In addition, my other daughter, who attended second grade at this school, entered third grade this year in a public school being severely below grade level in math, barely able to do simple addition. With the help of the public school, she is now on grade level. It is apparent that my children missed a year of instruction by attending this school. Their averages compared to the state tell the true story.

Posted August 15, 2012

The school is getting a bad rap for the FCAT scores....unlike other FLORIDA schools, they allow the children to think outside of the box. I cannot say enough good things about CCPFA, it has changed my son's attitude completely toward school...he is starting his second year and I have seen NOTHING but positiveness from both him and the school! They offer an extended school day and fitness every day, which is an awesome asset....taekwondo is the discipline they learn in Martial Arts (and trust me), it carries over into everyday life....the respect they have for adults and other children is phenomenal....my son's football coach says "I love this kid, he listens and says yes sir", my friend's are amazed by how well behaved he is and how much happier as a child he seems....just remember, not everything about a school revolves around the FCAT!!!

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

13 students were tested at this school in 2014.

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

13 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 53% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 47% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 49% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

15 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Writing

The state average for Writing was 78% in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

This school did not receive a grade in 2011-2012.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 66% in 2014.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 68% in 2014.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 64% in 2014.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 65% in 2014.

Ethnicity This school

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 0%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students College counselor(s)
ELL/ESL Coordinator
PE instructor(s)
Nurse(s)
Speech and language therapist(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Awards

Community service awards received in the past 3 years
  • Physical Fitness Award (2013)
  • Volunteer Award (2013)
  • Nutrition Award (2013)

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
Extra learning resources offered
  • Differentiated learning programs
  • Speech and language therapist(s)

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Access to sports fields
  • Gym
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
Clubs
  • Martial arts (judo, tae kwon do, karate, etc)

School start time
  • 8:00 am
School end time
  • 4:00 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Mrs. Jennifer Fowler
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
  • Coed
Special schedule
  • Extended/longer school day
Is there an application process?
Fax number
  • (239) 242-0477

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• College prep
  • Direct instruction
  • Project-based
  • STEM
  • Standards-based
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

• Gym
  • Internet access
  • Learning lab
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Parent center
  • Science lab
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Churches

• Creative writing
  • Poetry
Media arts

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Martial arts (judo, tae kwon do, karate, etc)
  • Robotics club
  • Student council/government
  • Technology club

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize cultural events
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Volunteer in the classroom
  • Volunteer time after school

This school accepts applications on a

rolling basis