Cape Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 737 students

Posted January 9, 2012

I cannot say enough wonderful things about this school. My daughter is a 5th grader in the gifted program this year and we will be sad for her to leave for middle school. The teachers are phenomenal. They really go the extra mile to challenge and care for their students. Cape Elementary feels like one big happy family. My daughter has loved every minute.

Posted December 6, 2011

I am planning to move to cape coral fl. and after reviewing the community rating and test scores of this school..As of right now I would be glad to put my child in this school.

Posted August 15, 2011

I think the teachers at cape are great! I also think Ms. Flecha had big shoes to fill as principal and she is filling them. To date, I still dont understand why parents get to the student pick up line hours before school is out, can we spread the word if you get there at 2:25, there is only a 10 min wait! lol

Posted May 29, 2011

Principal Flecha talks the talk and walks the walk. She is always available and knows all the kids names and addresses them by their name. She always has a smile on her face and treats adults and students with respect. Ms. Flecha even taught many kids this year including my son for months to prepare for the fourth grade writing test. My son's confidence soared and he ended up scoring very high. The school's test scores continue to increase in all areas. I'm impressed with the teachers and leaders at this school.

Posted May 27, 2011

I have taught at Cape for over 20 years, and both of my children attended Cape! I have experienced change after change in our district, but one thing remains the same at Cape...community school with a family atmosphere. Many of my students come back after graduation to tell me what a difference the teachers at Cape made in their lives. I am grateful to work at a school that works hard to make everyday special for our students!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 27, 2011

My child attended Cape Elementary for the past 3 years, when Mrs. Sindler was there, the school was fantastic upbeat and wonderful, unfortunately this school year I have not seen the same from the current principal. I have had difficulties getting into contact with her over concerns for my child, and I feel that my child is forgetton. Spoke with many parents about the same issue. The ultimate resource for issues with my child I would believe is the principal and how can you feel secure in a school that you can not even touch base with the principal? Thought about writing the school board, if that does not help my child will no longer be attending this school. Shame that theycould not have had a better suited individual to fill the previous principals shoes.

Posted May 16, 2011

I have been dealing with a 5th grade teacher at this school that actually does stuff that borders on bullying. Yelling at her entire class, lecturing students in front of the entire class using language like disappointed and embarrassed. She is absolutely the worst teacher I have ever come into contact with in Elementary school.

Posted March 8, 2011

My oldest daughter went here for 3 years, and my youngest started Kindergarten this year. The office talks down to parents. My oldest daughter had great teachers. My youngest daughter didn't get so lucky. She has learning problems, and came home crying everyday because she was so frusrated. NO ONE there would help her. None of the teachers would help her or listen to her. Hopefully we will have better luck now that we have switched schools.

Posted September 30, 2010

I have a child in 4th grade and my oldest went through cape from k-5 and we love cape elementary. This school is great , my kids have excelled and the teachers are like family. Although they did get a new principal and she did make some unwelcome changes and took away cape traditions, its still a fine school.....

Posted September 14, 2010

This is the worst school I have ever seen. They lied and told me there is no special education any longer, the teachers picked on my son and failed him because he was holding the school back from being the "A" school. I wouldn't send my dog there after what they have done to us.

Posted April 26, 2010

Cape Elementary is a great school, have 3 children who attended thru 5th grade. All have/or are attending UF on Bright Futures. There are many opportumities for parent involvement, be sure to ask. Superior quality teachers, created a solid foundation for life long learning. Very safe, diverse programs and lots of activities. Do your homework!

Posted April 25, 2009

I couldn't be happier. My 1st child went through Cape Elementary School and will be going to High School next year. She has been an outstanding student. Part of the credit for her success is due to the outstanding teachers at 'Cape' My son is currently at 'Cape' and is doing great his teachers instil a love for learning that I wish I had when I was in elementary school

Posted July 14, 2008

This past year was my last at Cape. I have gone there since Kindergarten and have been a part of their gifted program ever since second grade. This school's education system is excellent and their FCAT scores soar past other elementary schools in the area. Kudos to all of the hard-working teachers and pupils. I could never get where I am now without them. --Emily Mavrakis

Posted April 7, 2008

I have 2 children here at Cape Elementary and have not been very happy with the experiences there at all! However, there are 3 teachers that I would highly recommend and they are loving and compassionate with the children and treat them as their own. Mrs Smith, Mrs Leith, and Miss Moulton are GREAT! Beware of 4th grade teachers and 5th grade. I won't name those teachers, but do your homework and ask about them... You'll find out! Good luck to those who go here~

Posted June 30, 2007

My daughter has been in the Cape school since kindergarden. She has progressed wonderfully. The teaching staff works wonders with the children as well as keeping them disciplined. I have nothing but praise for the teachers and staff at Cape Elemantary. Don't stop, and Thank you. Mrs. Giannakopoulos

Posted May 23, 2007

I love Cape Elementary School! I have been going there since kindergarden, and I LOVE this school. The staff is very helpful and nice,along with the students. I am very upset that I'll be graduating next year, I LOVE MY SCHOOL!
—Submitted by a student

Posted January 12, 2006

This is our first year at Cape. My children, a first and second grader, came from private schooling in Ft. Lauderdale. I am thrilled with the academics, especially the reading program used at Cape. They love their new school and their teachers, which I also am extremely pleased with. I was very nervous about transferring our children into a public school and now feel that this was the best choice we could have made. Cape's staff is very friendly to the children and the parents and always available to help. I have volunteered on numerous occasions and seen this from the 'inside'. I can't say enough good things about Cape. Just that we are thankful to be there. Joanne Buck

Posted November 23, 2005

My Daughter is in the 4th. grade, this is our 1st year living in Fla. and I am impressed by the committment by the Teaching Staff and the wonderful Principle. This year they are getting the students ready for the FCAT testing. Reading and Writing is a huge part. The 4th. grade Teachers went to a workshop to better prepare there students and shared some great learening tools the kids could use to help. They got the parents involved, to help make it a smoother and to keep everyone on track for the spring testing. I am very impressed, with the leadership of this school!

Posted December 14, 2004

I love this school! Parent involvement has been wonderful. Teachers are great!

Posted December 9, 2003

This is our first year at Cape and thus far, I am VERY happy with the performance. The first day of school my daughter was put on the wrong bus, but between the school's tracking system and the help of other parents we found her in less than 15 minutes.Her teacher is fair and wonderful woman who has patience of a saint. She is very creative, on the ball and always explores the childs creative side as well as the academic side. Thus far I am confident that my child is receiving a well balanced education.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

137 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

137 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

134 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

134 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

133 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

111 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

111 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

110 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

132 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Ethnicity This school

Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2012-2013

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 0%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

4519 Vincennes Boulevard