900 students|Lee

Bad
Good

Caloosa Middle has a very supportive administration and staff! They truly care about and want what's best for children! They offer the Cambridge program, AVID, and they are a Leader in Me school. Caloosa Middle offers a variety of opportunities for students to excel no matter what their ability level. Awesome school, awesome faculty, wonderful opportunities for children!

Normal Garcia is rude and sarcastic... really bad experience and it was my first visit to the school. Oh God!!! Poor children!! They have to deal with this disrespectful woman everyday.

My daughter is a 6th grade student at Caloosa Middle school and the support she receives throughout the school year to ensure she not only succeeds, but also excels beyond what she thought was possible is impressive. The teachers truly care about her as a person, not just another student. Parent communication, after school activities, leadership opportunities all contribute to my five star rating. She loves Caloosa and I love Caloosa!

The administration at Caloosa Middle School is supportive and knowledgeable. They have been able to help guide me through my career path and have not only offered support, but also have been open to new ideas. I feel comfortable with trying new things and knowing that I will have the support of my administration. The students are motivated, responsible, and considerate kids. They are excited about learning and work hard to succeed. Our leader in me program has developed leaders in our school and makes Caloosa stand out from the other middle schools.

The teachers at Caloosa Middle school truly care about their students. Students have opportunities to take on various leadership roles, as well as taking AVID classes, technology, and virtual Spanish... just a few of the amazing things happening at CMS.

I have worked at Caloosa for a couple of years now and couldn't be happier. The staff cares about the students and really does put their learning needs first. At Caloosa everyone is a big family. If I had a middle school child I would send them to Caloosa in a heart beat. Great School!!

Focus is on leadership and learning. Staff and students understand and believe in the mission and vision of the district and CMS!

My child finished Caloosa in 2009 and it was amazing. However, my experience has been completely different the past 2 years with my middle child. First my childs schedule changed at least 3 times in the first semester last year. At one point he did not have a language arts class. When I spoke to the Dr. Cole she seemed to not care and referred me to the AP who was in charge of schedules. I called the school several times and Dr. Rader never returned my call herself and delegated the job to a guidance counselor. My last experience with the principal was at an awards ceremony and her demeanor was very cold which I found so disapointing. My sons teachers seem so unhappy and I would be if I had to work for her. Thankfully my son is resilient a

All I have to say is, I cannot stand it here. I feel as if I was some old loser here. I was called a maniac, and a machine by some staff, and it didn't feel good. I am a human being and I'm not crazy. The kids began to gang up on me with "alien" "queer" "weirdo" and some even called me "crazy" only because I actually payed attention in class. Rumors are present in this school too. Kids also find loopholes to bully others, as claimed by one of this schools teachers. Yet what is done about this? It took me literally 3 years to actually get something done about the mass bullying that happened to me. I know none of you reading this can wait 3 years for your child's bullying to stop. I even thought about running away because of this school. This school is about 70% of the reason I suffer from depression. Do what you think is right, parents. I just want you to know, I'm not lying. It hurt here. :'(

I go to caloosa middle school and I will not recommend it. To many fights and too many drugs.

Last modified Caloosa Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.