Cape Coral High School

Public | 9-12 | 1658 students

Posted Monday, August 25, 2014

Do the opposite of what every guidance counselor and teacher at CCHS tells you to do and you will succeed in life.

Posted May 29, 2014

While attending Cape Coral High School, I was in the IB program. My years at this school were possibly the best of my life. Teachers were involved and dedicated to student success. Mr. McPhee, the principal at the time, offered a motivated, integrated approach to leading the school. Students were friendly and close to each other. The Varsity soccer team, in which I started, won a state championship my senior year. I now attend the University of Florida on a full scholarship. I credit my academic success to the Cape Coral High School IB program and the wonderful teachers and students that I shared my four years with.

Posted May 14, 2014

If you want your student to skip class, party like rock stars and graduate with flying colors this is the place for you. They called my and told me my daughter had skipped 30-40 days. I told them to fail her. They ended up graduating her with honors. WHAT?? Apparently a work ethic is not something they want to install in their students. You don't want to go? no problem we'll still "pay" you with a degree!

Posted January 12, 2014

This school is horrible. I think this school should have cops every where its not safe or a good school at all. My daughter will not be going there next year and my son is switching out.

Posted September 17, 2013

Cape high has a major theft problem but according to the staff, that is all high schools. We are just over one month into the school year and have already had 2 items stolen during class! One when my child walked up to the teacher to turn in a paper, the other taken from a book bag! Of course nobody saw anything, impossible since it was during class, but "hey it happens everywhere" is the attitude given. Somehow that is not ok with me and defiantly not something to teach our children! I am very, very disappointed with the attitude among students and staff with regard to this behavior. It is a shame and very sad that they expect so little out of our students and not the way to teach children any type of decent, law-abiding futures!

Posted November 13, 2012

As far as high schools go in Lee County, it's pretty difficult to launch a complaint at Cape Coral High School. They have a great website and are well focused on preparing students for college, vocational programs, and life.

Posted August 10, 2012

Cape Coral High school was ok. The students there werent really friendly it was kinda hard finding new friends. Some of the teachers were good but others didnt really liked helping the students its like they wanted to pick a fight with us. The testing is confuseing and the way they have student counseling meetings for all students were hard because they didnt tell stusents when we had to meet. Over all its an ok school but i wasnt satsisfied.

Posted May 25, 2012

The teachers at Cape coral are highly qualified, however my daughter's geometry teacher was actually a chemistry teacher.She didn't know how to teach.She would never send home the results of tests,and you could never talk with her.Trying to help my daughter was difficult as the teacher never explained anything in class.Her way of grading can't be understood,in this I mean she could show favoritism to certain individual students.But you can't compare one bad teacher to all.

Posted September 30, 2010

Cape Coral High School is very fun to be at if you're a "sports" person. However, if you are involved in anything else such as Band, Theater, etc. It's horrible. All of the school funding goes to either the school building itself or the sports programs. We also have a news program in Cape that advertises the sports games, but you never hear anything of an upcoming musical or band concert. If you dislike sports, I reccomend not going to this school, because you will not be supported.

Posted September 18, 2010

It's a great school. It has really good teachers. Our new principal is very dedicated, & organized. It's an A school, & I feel like I'm prepared for college now. I love it here, & we have great school spirit.

Posted May 20, 2010

The teachers are great. The administration is terrible. The principal and his "safety officers" are heavy handed and rude. Parents are treated with contempt. The principal is average at best. He needs to take a class in behavior management. If I could I would transfer my child out of this school.

Posted August 27, 2009

i havnt had a very good expirience at cape. im switching back to North Fort Myers High School. i didnt learn as much or had quite the amount of opporunities than i did at the other school. plus the school spirit at north surpasses ANY other ive ever seen.

Posted October 30, 2008

Cape coral high school is the best school in lee county. I read some of the other reviews and its true people come here to learn. The dress code is a little strict but i love the school. It recently got a little bit of a make over, new lockers, paint, computers etc... Cape has a great school spirit a the colors rock

Posted July 11, 2008

Cape High is a typical high school and it is easy for people to get on the computer and bash a school. Cape is focused on education, If you think your students dont want to come to cape, good luck chances are they wont go to any school. parents need to get involved with their kids, that is the only way any school works!!

Posted August 24, 2007

I rate the school staff and safety @ 100%

Posted July 25, 2007

Cchs is one of the best schools in lee county! Ya you may hear bad things about cape but no school is perfect. Its just that Cape gets picked on the most. Band also dosent get a lot of attention but i think that they are an awsome band! So join band!! Wll anyways go Seahawks and I love u Cape!!!

Posted June 30, 2007

Okay, that was under Naggy's tenure. We are now under Mr. McFee, and I can say that he is doing a terrific job! As a recent graduate from Cape Coral High School, I get so sick and tired of people saying all these negative things about CCHS, when half of them haven't even taken the time out of their day to see the school for themselves. I was always taught from the beginning, to 'never judge a book by it's cover' but I can see that's what everyone in this county is doing. Not every high school is perfect, and not once have I ever heard of that, if there is can you please tell me the name of this high school if there is one? As an official Cape High Alumni I'm going to stick by my high school that gave me so much in four years.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted November 1, 2004

Although this school at one point was in my opinion the worst school in the county, I think now that they have a new principal things have turned in a new and positive direction. Although, it's ugly and worn down. I believe they ought to flatten the school and rebuild.
—Submitted by a staff

Posted September 13, 2004

Too many teachers hardly know the subject matter they are tasked with teaching. The principal is one of the most incompetent, phony and troubled administrators of whom I have ever heard. The bathrooms are terribly unhygienic. Advice to parents with school choice: pick another school.

Posted June 28, 2004

I am actually a student at Cape. Our school has improved dramatically and is still pushing for more improvement. The school recently recieved fresh interior painting, new bleachers in the gym, new audiotorium seating, replaced the carpet with tile, and we are having outside seating for students to eat outside. There are many activities. Key Club does many volunteer projects and is currently working on our pond. We are planting a variety of plants and painting benches. SGA is welcoming our incoming freshmen in July. Our cheerleading, math, and many other teams have won many competitions. We won football games this year and Dailey is trying to raise school spirit and the freshmen this year were very spirited. The juniors and seniors were of course very spirited.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 53% in 2014.

437 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 55% in 2014.

392 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 64% in 2014.

390 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 84% in 2012.

378 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "C".

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 66% in 2014.

279 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 68% in 2014.

445 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 64% in 2014.

405 students were tested at this school in 2014.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 65% in 2014.

243 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Ethnicity This school

Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2012-2013

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 0%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

2300 Santa Barbara Boulevard