896 students|Lee

Bad
Good

My son has been attending Pelican for a few years and we could not be happier. The staff are very dedicated and make you feel welcome. They seem to let kids be kids while encouraging learning. My son is also very happy here and we will be sending our other child here as well when the time comes.

This school was a 6 star school under the wonderful leadership of Principal I, Then Principal R became principal ruined the school. She had a huge amount of staff leave and parents pulled their children out as well. She didn't listen to the parents or make students her first priority. I have not seen any improvement with Principal C. He does not return emails or respond to your concerns. It's sad that one principal spent 30 years to make it a class act school, then to have it become a place I would never send my children.

Pelican Elementary is a great school. My grandson has been going since kindergarten & he is in grade 5 now. the teacher's are awesome.

This school is terrific. I would highly recommend it to any family moving here for their child to receive an excellent education. The teachers and staff are all very friendly and professional. This school practices positive reinforcement for behavior. They also get the kids very excited about Reading and Math. Our kids have cried every year they had to end the year with their teachers. Each has truely enjoyed the Pelican experience. I will be sad when they all move onto middle school.

Pelican is a great community school. The teaching staff is diverse which meets the needs of all the students.

Communication seems to be an issue at Pelican. I have two children currently enrolled. I have completed volunteer orientation and am willing to volunteer through out the week, yet the teachers tell me they have nothing for me to do. Issues have gone unresolved even after meeting with the Assistant Principal, Guindance Counselor, Teacher, and Principal. Very disappointed. My children are on a waiting list for another school.

The teachers and staff are so kind and patient with the children. Thegive a decent amount of homework, not too overwhelming. They have lots of events for the children.

I have two children enrolled at Pelican and couldn't be happier. We moved to Cape Coral in January 2009 from Maryland and both my kids love Pelican. I am very pleased with the way the teachers individualize the learning experience for each child. My children have been to three other elementary schools prior to Pelican and it is by far the best school they have attended...If I could give the school a higher rating I would.

I am very displeased with this school. My son did have a great teacher at first but was switched to another teacher shortly after starting here. The teachers asked to have a meeting with me after the end of the quarter. I agreed thinking I would be shown some of my sons progress and areas to work on and maybe some of his tests and etc only to be cornered by the staff who decided to inform me I needed to take my son to a dr and told me to get him on medicine. They even stated they thought he had depression. They even told me I was neglecting my son for not getting him on meds. Thankfully I have changed schools to another close by school. My son is very happy now. His grades are great now and is not having any issues as he supposively did at pelican.

Love the school and love the teachers. My children are so happy as am I.

Last modified Pelican Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.