Posted October 28, 2014
STEM, technology, Art 1 time per week, the Watch Dog program, the family nights allow for me as a parent to take an active role in my children's education. My two kids love going to school and participating in the after school activities. As a family we are very pleased with the academic programs as well as all the extra-curricular activities.

Posted March 23, 2014
I got posted on twitter by the head lee County person on twitter rreading to the kids

Posted March 11, 2014
This is an amazing school I have a very high standard when it comes to choosing a school for my children as I come from a family of high level educators. I am thrilled with the passion delivered by all of the staff, the highly encouraged parent involvement, and the detail to the curriculum. In regards the other parents post, the children can bring water bottles daily and water fountain use is permitted. Children sit with their peers from their class everyday at lunch. I've also never seen any staff members be intimidating or out looking for dress code violations. Quite the opposite actually and I am at the school on a weekly basis to help out, as well as random visits at lunch.

Posted September 03, 2013
My child's school is Gulf Elementary. This is the sixth child we have put through Gulf. 4 of our children graduated from Gulf and Lee County High Schools. All had college scholarships . All were National Honor Society Students. The foundation was set at Gulf.

Gulf Elementary School 1

Posted April 20, 2013
My child has attended this school for 3 years and has been miserable. The vice principle stands in the door way upon arrival of the students, staring them down to write all children up for dress code even if it is appropriate. The administration, in my opinion, uses intimidation to scare the children for their own power trips. Children are not allowed to bring water bottles to school nor are they allowed to leave class to go to the water fountains. Kids are split up at lunch and unable to sit with their peers.I myself have complained to the principle in regards to the way the students are treated. the students feel as if they are going to a prison camp. It's very unfortunate, this school has amazing teachers but unprofessional administration, and vice principle. The district should send home surveys to the households and get the feed back about this school to possibly improve policy. It's ashame when students are bullied by their own administration. I would never recommend this school since it destroys self esteem in children, the teachers would benefit from seeking employment elsewhere.

Gulf Elementary School 3

Posted February 11, 2013
I am a picky parent. I want the best for my kids. I have had great experiences with the teachers. My daughter has fit in quite well and is comfortable with her environment. The 2012-2013 school year has brought many significant changes. The new leadership has had time to implement its mission. Change is hard on the parents and I have tried to take that all into account as I write this review. Over the past few months a chill has crept into the school. What was once a warm inviting place has become cold and indifferent. For the first time ever in 4 years it has begun to feel like the largest elementary school in Lee County. Our family has now become a number instead of a name. Sad.

Posted August 03, 2012
We moved from New Jersey and both of my kids went to Gulf Schools. My youngest had some difficulties reading but thanks to his teacher Mrs. Guyan, he improved his reading, he learned not only to read great but to enjoy school. His grades were very good and his experience at Gulf Elementary for him and for myself has been a blessing.

Posted July 06, 2012
My two children attend Gulf Elementary, and I cannot say enough good things about the school. We transferred here from Palm Beach County School District. Talk about a different between night and day. The teachers at Gulf are caring and involved and treat each student like an individual. The instruction at Gulf is excellent. The classes are exciting for my sons. The ESE program is absolutely outstanding. Any time I've had any concern, I was responded to immediately, and the issue was dealt with professionally and promptly. Thank you to all the hard-workers at Gulf elementary.

Gulf Elementary School 1

Posted June 02, 2011
My 2 kids go to Gulf Elementary when we moved here 2years ago I heard many compliment about this school so when we put them in I was excited but The teachers of my kids were so business like and no passion, they were just too busy to finish their task, all I heard from them were "She can't do this he can't do this. I don't know why can't do it" If they can't be patient, passion or simply can't love kids just quit it. And they are so defensive thats make tall walls between parent & teacher. But their substitute teachers & special ED teacher were great.

Posted April 10, 2011
ESE teachers are awesome..always going the extra mile . The teachers are dedicated and loving nor have I ever seen such a great principal. Walks around the whole campus. Checking on everyone and everything going on in the school. He knows every childs name. Amazes me.

Gulf Elementary School
3400 Southwest 17th Place, Cape Coral, FL  33914
Last modified Gulf Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gulf Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 61 reviews. Top