Cape Coral, FL

Posted July 28, 2014
The dress code for tis school in 2014-15 is very strict. There's is no way my kid is going t get a whole new outfit setup for this school unless they want to pay for it... The best teacher we ever had is Mr.MacDougall (science) and Mrs.Darab (WH) and Mrs Haskill and Brown for reading. Mr.Logdson is no longer at this school but he was the bomb. The clinic lady is a joke Mrs. Vicki. The vice principal Mrs. Duttko is great and Mr.Hopper is so fun!

Posted August 23, 2013
Our son is a student at Gulf Middle since last year and we only have a very positive impression. The teachers are really good and try to teach as much as possible. Overall our impression is that the education level is very high. If there are any questions they will get back to you very fast and the whole communication between GMS, our son and us was always very friendly, open and cooperative, so I cannot confirm the concerns from the other reviewer. Also we never faced any problems regarding the dress code, which just covers the standard recommendations. To sum up: We are more than happy with the school, the teachers, the way they support our son and us and we would recommend that school to anybody asking us.

Gulf Middle School 1

Posted April 20, 2013
This school uses intimidation to control the students. The vice principle stands in the door way upon arrival scoping children down, observing dress code. No greetings, just intimidation. Even if children are in dress code, the vice principle will send them to the clinic (even though they are not ill) to change their shirt into this enormous shirt that lets other children know they did something wrong. If students refuse to wear the shirt, in fear other students would tease them they are then sent to in school suspension, no verbal warning, no parental phone call. Children also are not allowed to bring water bottles to school and teachers seldom let the kids go to a water fountain for it is a distraction. If that wasn't bad enough, students are lined up like cattle at lunch time told where to sit and seldom sit with their class or peers. Administration bullies children by dehumanizing them along with intimidation. Unfortunately, this school DOES have amazing teachers but the administration makes the experience dreadful. The district would greatly benefit by sending surveys to households so that they may be aware of the internal problems in this school.

Posted February 22, 2012
Gulf Middle school is my support. This school has truly guided me in the right direction. The teachers, and students always support and respect me for who I am. The education is nothing but the best. This school helped me to make the right choices and follow my heart. I recommend this school to everyone.

Posted August 16, 2011
Gulf Middle School has a very safe learning environment with a friendly staff dedicated to getting your child the education he or she needs. The school has two main rules: Keep your hands to yourself and watch what comes out of your mouth. Each and every student has those two rules memorized by heart thanks to their principal, Mr.Lane. On announcements every morning he reminds them that they come to school to get an education. The students give a hundred percent effort at what they do. In fact, when I attended this school, our FCAT scores was one of the top in the county. Our were Writing scores were one of the top out of the state. Not only is the school great academically, but they also have great rewards for the students after every quarter for their hard work. I had a very fun 3 years at Gulf and have made so many memories that I will carry for the rest of my life.

Posted August 12, 2011
My son is in 7th grade this year. Gulf Middle is an excellent school with great teachers. Parents if you are considering a good school "Gulf Middle" is the one!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Posted December 16, 2010
I have two children in Gulf Middle School. The teachers in the 6th and 7th grade are not good communicators. They don't tell you they are having a problem with your child until they get to the point of referrals and then they don't tell you that the child is going to be punished by after school detention and In School Suspension for the same infraction. They also don't seem to care if the student is failing and don't keep up the grades on Parentlink in a timely manner, even though all the schools encourage parents to use Parentlink all the time. My kids mostly make really good grades all year and then fail the FCAT.

Gulf Middle School 1

Posted February 18, 2010

Posted February 01, 2010

Posted August 04, 2009

Gulf Middle School
1809 Southwest 36th Terrace, Cape Coral, FL  33914
Last modified Gulf Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gulf Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top