859 students|Lee

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

There is a huge communication issue between teachers and parents at this school. New administration is rude and using trial and error methods at the expense of the students experience. Witnessed aftercare "manhandle" a child twice and was never asked for identification picking up my child. If you want your child to be streamlined and forgotten, this is the school for you. Despite test scores, this school is highly unorganized and lacks the heart an elementary school should have. Although there are many professionals that are great and try to make a difference, the overwhelming number of staff members that simply no longer care are what drags this school to the ground. Many better schools in the Cape to choose from!

Just enrolled my 3rd grader at this school last Nov. when we moved here. I LOVE it! and he loves it too. His teacher worked closely with us to get his academics on track after he was diagnosed and treated for ADHD. She was always willing to communicate and show us how much his education and well-being is her top priority. His teacher got to move up with her students from last year if the student chose to attend her class. All of her students moved up with her to 3rd grade. Everyone I've encountered at the school is positive and welcoming, including the office and lunch time staff. I feel like they all try to work with parents and students to get the kids' education where it needs to be, instead of just telling parents what needs to happen and what problems the child has. They have nice playgrounds, an outdoor eating area if you'd like to have lunch alone with your child and recently painted a beautiful mural of our local beach on an exterior wall. Safety is a high priority as they have safety patrol students help children exit the cars in the mornings along with adult supervision. I would highly recommend this school!

As a STUDENT who went here this school is definetly better than a 6. The teachers care about teaching you all subjects no matter what class you're in. The traditions are like no other, field day, dads movie night and all the caring staff, Dr.best. Keep it up.

After a horrible kindergarten year at Hancock Elementary, my son was transferred to Skyline. I must say, I'm so glad he started here, I saw the great progress, his teacher was so caring and my son loved her so much. The difference was so amazing, I was really happy. His teacher showed how much she wanted to deal with my son, not like in Hancock where they just passed the buck. Also, I had lunch and after school care issues and the principal was so understanding and he resolved the issues asap. I give this school a 10.

GREAT OVERALL , BEST TEACHERS, ACADEMIC IS GREAT, PRINCIPAL IS AWESOME. THEY ACKNOWLEDGE YOU AS EQUAL.MY OLDEST SON WHO IS 17 WENT THERE AND WHEN MY SECOND CHILD WAS BORN I ALREADY KNEW THAT SKYLINE ELEMENTARY IS WHERE HE WOULD GO. HIS 6 YRS OLD IN KINDERGARTEN.

My child has attended this school for 3 years now, I will tell you if your child needs any kind of attention at all in their schooling this is NOT the school for you. In my 3 years I have had 1 teacher that went out of their way to help my child. The staff is more about gossiping in the office, hallways anywhere they can... If you stand there long enough you will see what I am saying. Avoid Skyline and find a school that is best for your child because I promise this isnt it. A VERY unhappy parent

My son started in the 5th grade after I withdrew him from Cape Coral Charter school which he had nothing good to say. Now that he is skyline he has nothing bad to say. The teachers here are dedicated and caring. My son started in the middle of the school year and when he started he felt like he is there forever. He has been getting good grades and his attitude towards school is wonderful. Thank you so much skyline!!

My son started the prek speech/communication class this year when he turned 3. His teacher is amazing and I can't believe the progress he has made since he started. We love it.

My son was experiencing some personal issues that were affecting his academic success. The assistant principal was so kind and understanding. He encouraged my son to visit him whenever he needed a safe place. He also provided me information on local family counselors that could provide coping strategies for the family. Thank you Skyline.

I am so pleased with this school. The principal Mr. Vilardi came out to meet my children and I when we arrived. The warm friendly environment made me feel right at home, and I knew immediately that my children would be safe here.

Last modified Skyline Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.