Cape Coral Charter School

Charter | K-8 | 656 students

Sweep tile

Posted March 28, 2014

This school is beyond help!!! I have three children in this school and this is their second year. (K,4,7) We gave them another shot this year, because we were told that things were going to change. Nothing has changed it has just gotten worse. The kids are talked down to on a daily basis. The spanish class for middle school is not a spanish class they just sit in there and do study island, with a different teacher everyday. Teachers are rude for the most part, you can tell they are just there for the pay check. Office staff is horrible and the VP and P are disrespectful and rude. My middle schooler has no homework, and they don't grade kids papers or homework they just mark it if it is done. There are no after school activities or clubs for the kids to participate in. They embarrass kids by posting their benchmark scores outside the classroom with their names on them. So kids who aren't doing well on the benchmarks are in the red and the other kids are higher. This causes bullying, and other children to be made fun of. I could go on and on.... This school is a joke and we are sending our kids to a new school next year. Run very far away from this school and don't look back.

Posted January 21, 2014

A really bad School,with many ridiculous rules ;they have to focus in students academic performance and not in the student appearance,like hair style.They have some classes like spanish where is not even a teacher;is a computer program that teach them . They teacher dont stay for long time ,so the kids constantly have new teachers.My only reason to have my kids there is that is close to my house,but I dont reccomend to anybody.Is really bad becouse the other charters are really good.

Posted August 9, 2013

I was looking online to check the school's phone # and stumbled across this site.I am surprised to see the negative reviews.One thing I read I is not true because they dont take 3 year olds.My daughter attended this school from K-5 and although there were a few problems concerning a crazy secretary (there is a new better one) the teachers are great.The school is very safe which can sometimes be inconvenient, it is for the better.There is free tutoring & I can access my kids grades anytime online.My daughter was in a cheerleading club that she loved and a book club, for a small fee.The principal was never there,but anytime I wrote to the teacher in my daughter's planner I always got a response the same day except maybe twice.One year my daughter, had two teachers leave the school but she didn't seem to care & liked each new one. I will admit the the K-2 staff is a lot better than the older grades but good overall.Parent pick up can be long in the beginning but gets quicker as the year goes on, I think less than 30 minutes.I went to PTO meetings that were very dull, but the PTO events were pretty good.There is a great Halloween event and one year they had snow for Christmas.

Posted July 7, 2013

When I moved here from North Carolina I heard how great Charter Schools were and thought I would give them a try. My son has always been an above average student. They said that since that was the case they would enrol him in the Cambridge program. I thought that was going to be perfect. At open house I noticed that they didn't put him in the class like they said they would. I let it go after trying to find out why for over a week. My son was in the 4th grade during the 2012-2013 school year and I thought it very odd that he NEVER had homework. I got his report card and he was making straight A's so I figured everything was going great. I had to relocate and couldn't keep my son in this school any more. What a blessing in disguise! When he was enrolled into his new school in Lee County my son was struggling with the new curriculum?!?!? He never had an issue before, so I couldn't understand what was wrong. I found out that the Charter Schools don't have to follow the same rules as the public schools do?!?!? So since they weren't teaching him what he needed to learn he got behind. Never once did I ever hear from his teached either. Very disappointed in this school!!

Posted May 22, 2013

Cape Coral Charter School...This is a great school for families who want a private school feel at no cost. The academics are great, the uniforms are easy and no hassle. My daughter has been there since Kindergarten, (now finishing 3rd grade) and my son will start Pre-K at the start of this next school year. The office staff is very helpful but SIS NEVER has the homework or information its supposed to have. That would be my only complaint (SIS DOESNT DO WHAT ITS ADVERTISED TO DO), other then that we are very happy and our child has great grades and good friends :)

Posted April 17, 2013

This school is terrible! I have two children that will not be attending next year. After they made my son change his shorts on picture day, which clearly started no uniforms. My son wears a size 7, they made him change into a size 10 girls. He was so embarrassed that he came home crying. This could have been a simple error on the paper they sent home which would have been fine. They could have at last called to see if we could bring him his own clothes. I have emailed both the principal and vice principal with no response for over a weak. Unfortunately, there have been other issues that we let go. Please beware if you plan on sending your children there!

Posted December 22, 2012

This school is a nightmare for our family. Run for the hills. Not only are they completely not responsive...not but they are verbally and physically abusive to the kids that attend this school. If you have no problem with your 3 year old being isolated on the playground in 95 degree weather and getting sunburned because of it... Take your child here :) they have no compassion for children...its like a military school...rules, rules, rules...no play, no PE, no arts, just prep for FCATs...this school traumatized my child and gives us little faith in ever putting our children in a public school. They are a disgrace!

Posted October 6, 2012

Im suprised this "school" is even still running. Im a 7th grader, and I've been there since 3rd grade. It was great at first, but they cant keep teachers for more than a month! There has already been 3 teachers for Middle School math. Plus at the beginning of the year you have to buy overpriced uniforms in a busy store with rude staff members. The principal is never even there, and when she is at the school, she watches us at P.E. and corrects us on everything we do! If i could, I'd rate this school negative 17 stars. Rude teachers, bad staff, and a principal that uses the fundraising money to buy more BMWs.

Posted July 17, 2012

My daughter had a great experience starting her school career at CCCS. Her teacher went above and beyond helping her. Mrs. Sorkin is definitely there for the children. I truly hope when my younger two are ready for school they can have her as a teacher! They did offer her after school tutoring in Kindergarten which helped her also. I found the office staff friendly. To top it off, we are looking forward to the next school year!! Keep up the good work CCCS!!!

Posted June 18, 2012

My son attended the 1st grade at CCCS 2011/2012 school year. The school is very safe, helpful staff and good teachers; however, there was not a tutoring program available for my son nor are there extra curricular activities available for the elementary students (only middle school students), and also the children are never sent home with information regarding Cape Coral events or sign-ups for sports. With all of that being said, overall I am very pleased with CCCS and will also send our younger son to Kindergarten there, too.

Posted October 29, 2011

What a great school. The activities are so neat for an elementary school. The academic experience and my child's teacher are super. I really appreciate the communication from the principal and that when I had a question the principal helped me without delay.

Posted June 25, 2011

This is school is horrible. My children attended for approximately 2 years and I would never go back. The AP is ok but the principal is absolutely horrendous. I have personally witnessed her being rude to teachers and staff while I was signing was children out in the front office. The office person is rude as well. DO NOT SEND YOU CHILD TO THIS SCHOOL!

Posted June 24, 2011

I WOULD NOT HAVE MY SON IN ANY ANOTHER SCHOOL. THE TEACHERS ARE HELPFUL, KIND OUTGOING. AND PUT THE STUDENT FIRST. THE NURSE IS WONDERFUL AND HELPFUL TOO! THANK YOU CAPE CORAL CHARTER SCHOOL!

Posted April 9, 2011

Great School,with great new vice principal!! Dr.Nauss is NEVER available. Lots of Fun events held at school by Pto. Nice teachers!

Posted November 10, 2010

This school is one of the worst I have seen. the principale is un-responsive to email or messages we even went there and could not talk with her so we left a message again with the front desk and were told for 3 weeks someone will contact you. no one ever did so 3 weeks later we withdrew our son and enrolled him in a school where they actually care about the students

Posted February 25, 2010

Red flag red flag!!! do not send your child here!!!! where do i begin? You are forced to purchase school uniforms from an over-priced vendor who is very slow to deliver and rude on the customer service end. Secondly, parent pick-up is atrocious. If your kid misses their name being called in a loud auditorium, you have to get back into the line and wait again - talk about 'going round in circles'. I've seen mothers cry with a baby crying in the back seat. They won't bring your kid out to you - they make you go through the whole line again. As parents, who needs more stress????That's a good way to describe the way that parents are treated 'going around in circles'. The parents are 'alerted' and called on silly things like stepping out of line in the cafeteria- but where's the phone call when your kid is struggling????Nowhere!!!run!!!!!

Posted December 1, 2009

I will be withdrawing my kid from this school soon, there is no walking-parent pickup and it takes approx 40 minutes in the car line. It's been 3 months since he started the VPK program and he hasn't learned any letter or number. He says that the teachers are mean and he is only 4. You go to the PTO meetings and absolutely no one speaks to you!

Posted July 16, 2009

We have pulled our son from this school after his kindergarten year. He will be starting at a local public school this fall for his first grade year. We were new to the area and chose this charter B grade school because some of our friends kids went there. Huge Mistake!!! His teacher could care less and often called him by the wrong name. There is no gym at this school, all of the children use the same bathrooms no matter the age/grade.

Posted March 26, 2009

I was pleasently surprised 2 find all the negative comments on this school. I wish I would have read these b/f we got invovled 2 yrs ago. You have to order special uniforms from a specific company. The kids (8 & 12) always had so much hmwork they couldn't B kids M-F. The staff ACTS helpful but you will never get results. At times they seem rude & talk down to you. The prinicpal Dr. Naus specifially has promised to help w/ a few situation but never never never has come through. We recently w/drew & are hoping to find better. If you are thinking bout this school...stay away!!!!!!!

Posted February 4, 2009

We have 2 children..one in 1st and one in 6th grade. Can never get through to anyone in the office....always get voicemail and no one ever calls you back. My child in 1st is often mistaken for another child in class even though it has been half a year. I have recieved the other childs reportcards and work. I do not recommend this school.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2013.

67 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2013.

68 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 61% in 2013.

79 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2013.

79 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 83% in 2013.

76 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 55% in 2013.

32 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2013.

35 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 53% in 2013.

34 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 52% in 2013.

39 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 59% in 2013.

38 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 55% in 2013.

57 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2013.

57 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 51% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 56% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 47% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 79% in 2013.

45 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

49 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Writing

The state average for Writing was 78% in 2012.

39 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "C".

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 64% in 2013.

19 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 67% in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 64% in 2013.

Asian 2% 3%

• Dr. Deborah Nauss
Fax number
  • (239) 995-0369
Note: Data provided by community members,
needs to be verified by school leaders.

Sports

• Tennis
  • Track
  • Volleyball
Note: Data provided by community members,
needs to be verified by school leaders.

Apply now