592 students|Lee

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Too much (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Cape Coral Charter School 5

Posted March 11, 2016
My son is in the Cambridge program I love the school! I have never had any problem getting a parent teacher conference if needed. The teachers always get back to me is a very timely fashion.

Cape Coral Charter School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted March 11, 2016
Ms Harder is amazing teacher! She is very good with the children and uplifting. She makes class time fun for the kids.

Posted December 09, 2015
The principal and teacher do not help and take for ever to schedule a parent/teacher conference. No after school activities or sports. Bullying needs to be controlled more.

Cape Coral Charter School 2

Posted August 12, 2015
This school has no gym, no library and no open door policy. I couldn't even visit and eat with my child at lunch. All work no play which is ok I guess but kids need a little fun. No school parties not even for birthdays. They don't want to "offend" anyone. No positive behavior rewards. No accelerated reader. Hours of homework every night and constant prep for state testing which wouldn't be so bad but my child was taking up to 10 reading test a week for "test prep". My children said the bathrooms upstairs had pictures and words drawn on the door that referred to sex. I was appalled and asked administration. They stated it would cleaned but my kids said it was back a few weeks later. Absolutely ridiculous. I gave 2 stars cause we had a decent teacher this year.

Cape Coral Charter School 5

Posted December 01, 2014
I am very surprised and shocked with all these reviews. My child is a Cambridge student at CCCS. The teachers really do care about their students. I don't think it's fair that a school should be judged by these reviews just because we the "Parents" in the heat of the moment do not like the way something was done/handled and decide to bash the name of the school. If there is something we do not like then those topics should be discussed at a PTC event. Writing about it will not change anything but voicing your opinion just might get someone to listen. The school is under "new administration" and yes she has made some changes that we do not agree with but if I am correct every review talks about the previous principal never being available and the previous staff being horrible. Guess what? Ms. Bonnie Brett is always there! She greets all the students in the morning and is very involved in the parent pick up in the afternoon. Front office staff like Ms. Estrada is very polite and really goes out of her way to make things possible. Ms. Vera really cares about her non-english speaking families, it doesn't matter what they need she helps them right away.

Posted August 14, 2014
I have to comment on the person who said that this school "does not take 3 year olds" ... Know what you are talking about before you submit such stupidity. This school offered VPK when my child attended and he had a late August birthday so he was 3 years old when he started on August 8. My son continues to talk about how poorly he was treated...2 years later. I witnessed 2 teachers YELLING at my child for no reason and saw other children and parents screamed at while at this school. The faculty and staff at this school are disgusting, non-responsive and vile. I can't believe this school is still in operation. Hopefully, a parent will come forward and report something that exposes this school for what it is.

Posted July 23, 2014
This school is absolutely terrible. I don't know how much it's changed, but by the reviews, it seems as if it really hasn't. I came here for about 3 months in 1st grade (about 7 years ago, so, okay, it's been a while) and then had to move. The bullying was bad. Kids teased me and said terrible things to me on the bus. The teachers here are incredibly rude - I remember having a terrible headache and being extremely sick and the teacher just told me to go sit back down. The school's organization skills were awful, they had literally nothing to offer, and I just had the absolute worst experience here. I remember them being an A school for one year and painting it all over their walls, and then falling back to a B school. I laughed. I switched over to Caloosa Elementary a few months later and had the best elementary school experience of my life, and was a much, much happier kid.

Posted March 28, 2014
This school is beyond help!!! I have three children in this school and this is their second year. (K,4,7) We gave them another shot this year, because we were told that things were going to change. Nothing has changed it has just gotten worse. The kids are talked down to on a daily basis. The spanish class for middle school is not a spanish class they just sit in there and do study island, with a different teacher everyday. Teachers are rude for the most part, you can tell they are just there for the pay check. Office staff is horrible and the VP and P are disrespectful and rude. My middle schooler has no homework, and they don't grade kids papers or homework they just mark it if it is done. There are no after school activities or clubs for the kids to participate in. They embarrass kids by posting their benchmark scores outside the classroom with their names on them. So kids who aren't doing well on the benchmarks are in the red and the other kids are higher. This causes bullying, and other children to be made fun of. I could go on and on.... This school is a joke and we are sending our kids to a new school next year. Run very far away from this school and don't look back.

Posted January 21, 2014
A really bad School,with many ridiculous rules ;they have to focus in students academic performance and not in the student appearance,like hair style.They have some classes like spanish where is not even a teacher;is a computer program that teach them . They teacher dont stay for long time ,so the kids constantly have new teachers.My only reason to have my kids there is that is close to my house,but I dont reccomend to anybody.Is really bad becouse the other charters are really good.

Cape Coral Charter School 4

Posted August 09, 2013
I was looking online to check the school's phone # and stumbled across this site.I am surprised to see the negative reviews.One thing I read I is not true because they dont take 3 year olds.My daughter attended this school from K-5 and although there were a few problems concerning a crazy secretary (there is a new better one) the teachers are great.The school is very safe which can sometimes be inconvenient, it is for the better.There is free tutoring & I can access my kids grades anytime online.My daughter was in a cheerleading club that she loved and a book club, for a small fee.The principal was never there,but anytime I wrote to the teacher in my daughter's planner I always got a response the same day except maybe twice.One year my daughter, had two teachers leave the school but she didn't seem to care & liked each new one. I will admit the the K-2 staff is a lot better than the older grades but good overall.Parent pick up can be long in the beginning but gets quicker as the year goes on, I think less than 30 minutes.I went to PTO meetings that were very dull, but the PTO events were pretty good.There is a great Halloween event and one year they had snow for Christmas.

Cape Coral Charter School
76 Mid Cape Terrace, Cape Coral, FL  33991
Last modified Cape Coral Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.