Hector A. Cafferata Jr Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 736 students

Posted March 13, 2014

If I could rate this school 10 stars I would! My son was in Cape Coral Charter at the beginning of the year and I AM SO GLAD I MOVED HIM. He is in the 1st grade and with in 24 hours of attending his first day at Hector, he has learned a great deal. He teacher is an amazing teacher and has impeccable communication skills. It does not stop there! Everyone at that school cares about the students there. Mr. Moreland the principal is amazing and you can tell he wants all of his students to succeed. I have never met a principal that actually takes the time to get to know each student on the school. My son loves it there. He was at Trafalgar the year before for kindergarten and that school was a mess. I cannot say enough good things about Hector A. Cafferata Jr. Elementary!

Posted August 7, 2013

Was not happy with this school and would not recommend it due to the principal. Office staff is nice and most of the teachers are nice, but unfortunately, the principal makes everyone always on edge and does not seem to welcome any fun or happiness in her school that it affects all the teachers and staff.

Posted January 2, 2012

Only one 1 star review, and the parents say a very poor and bad communication from teachers to parents, WOW, this it's the tipical parents do nothing for their child, because if You do not have the capability to estabilish a communication line with You kids teacher, that means You don't care about your child, (it is the parents obligation that particular responsibility) ; my daugther is in that school for 4 and a half years, and the school go beyond my expertations, an A+ for 4 years and in reality a good school with tremendous teachers, if any person says something bad about this place, they have frustation for some reason? This shool was a project not only the facility but the students to, the lee county school board, group the majority of spaish and some profile students of Cape Coral in that school ; and the result is an A+ school with a over high media IQ students and maybe the best teachers in the county, I was a teacher and I am telling You people, excellent is real and fair rate, even the previos principal, (the parents for the money school , Golf ) they transfer him to that school because he was the Best. That's the truth.

Posted January 1, 2012

My daughter is being at this school since kindergarden, she is now in first grade , and soon to be on second. Staff and principal, are great. My daughter have improved amazingly thanks for her teacher. My daughter will stay here, and be part of this great school.

Posted August 8, 2011

I have 2 boys and one just started middle school and my youngest is just starting 1st grade there. The school principal is very involved with the students and parents. All my questions are answered courteously and when I've brought up issues they've been addressed quickly. I feel that Hector is an excellent school with caring teachers and has a lot to offer our students but parents need to be involved always. Not just when they have a problem.

Posted May 17, 2010

This is my childs first year in school. I thought we would like it because the staff seemed nice. There is very poor communications between the teachers and parents. I can never get any info on how my child is doing and the teacher lets the child wright if she has been good or bad and ofcourse she always has a green circle(which means she has been good) i never know if my child realy was. the teacher obviously does not read my comments in her planner as well because i never get any feed back on how my daughter is doing. when you call the school for any questions the staff is very snooty. the parents pick up line is horrific!! the parents are out of control and almost causes accidents and there rules for pick up always changes. This school is all around rediculous!

Posted August 13, 2009

Hector Cafferata is a wonderful school. The staff is pleasant, teachers are nice and administration is great. Overall, I believe my son is receiving the best education he can with the staff there. I recommend this school to every parent.

Posted July 23, 2008

Thank you to all who have posted comments regarding Cafferata Elementary. As the Principal of this school, I value feedback from my staff and my student's parents. I do listen to all of the comments, and when appropriate and in the best interest of children, make necessary changes. The 2008-2009 school year brings many exciting changes to our 'A' school! A new reading program is being implemented at every grade level. A school-wide writing program is being implemented. Before and after school clubs have been created by teachers willing to donate their time - these will begin early this school year. Regarding communication, we communicate with parents via monthly newsletters, email, phone calls, parent conferences, PTO/SAC meetings and individual meetings with me. I am always available to discuss any challenges parents might encounter.

Posted May 16, 2008

I have just finished reading the reviews posted about our school and I want to thank the parents that reported a positive experience. To those parents that have experienced difficulties with communication and/ or appropriate challenges for their students I have a suggestion. When you are having an issue with you child's teacher, talk to them. If they are un-responsive report it to the prinicipal. Our prinicpal is extremly supportive to everyone (teachers and parents). There are many great teachers at this school. As an educator myself, I can assure you that each teacher at this school has your child's best interest at heart. Since we are a new school, we appreciate any feedback that we recieve. We are always looking for ways to improve and grow. Please don't hesitate when expressing your feelings.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 8, 2008

My son has attended this school from the very first day it opened. He is now in 2nd grade and I've had no complaints. In the beginning we encountered a problem and the principal and guidance councelor at the time went out of their way to solve it. In the 3 years he's been there he's had great teachers which I've had no problem whatsoever communicating with. His current teacher (2nd grade) is OUTSTANDING. The communication between us is excellent and this allows me to help my son excell. He is in the gifted program thanks to his 1st grade teacher who encouraged us to get him in. The principal knows his students by first name. You should see him directing the Parent Pick up. It is amazing how he calls out his students and recognizes the parent's cars. I truly recommend this school.

Posted April 23, 2008

My son has attended HACJE for the past 3 years and I have been very pleased on the whole. The 1st year was difficult as 3/4 of school year was held in portables. However, the new building is very nice and they have come a long way with the Parent Pick-up procedure. I am also very pleased with the new principal and love that he has brought back the parent-teacher confrences to help encourage communication. My son has also had 3 great teachers who have gone above and beyond to help challenge and develope him.

Posted March 31, 2008

This is not a good school. The teachers dont communicate with parents. Also when you leave messages you don't recive a call back.I wish i knew all of this when i first moved to the district because i would never have enrolled my child.

Posted March 28, 2008

My son entered this school in ESE 1st grade, he is high-end autistic. I have had him in many schools due to his autism since he was 3 years old, and I must say, that this school is one of the best schools that I have ever taken him too. I couldn't be happier with the progress he's made and continues to make. All the teachers here seem to be extremely caring and kind to not only my son, but I notice to all the children. They seem to genuinely care, and I would rather have that attitude than to care if it's an 'A' school to a 'B' school. The principal also gets involved with the students hands on also. He finally just got integrated into a regular 1st grade class, all due to the wonderful teachers and of course my son.

Posted February 16, 2008

This school does not have any communication with the parents at all. The do not help the children progress. We have had a terrible expirence with this school.

Posted July 27, 2006

It is a very new school, but I think the only problem is that they need more after school activities for kids, my personal expirience last year was very good.

Posted June 25, 2006

This is a very new school but I'm concern about the lack of sense of community in the school and about the fact that the school is loosing a lot of good teachers. There are no extra curriculum activities that I know of and the staff and perents need to have the oportunity to work together they also need more family and students activities.

Posted June 13, 2006

This is a new school so it's hard to say how good they are. Our second grader is not challenged at all, so that probably sums it up. We chose this school because it is so new and convenient to our house, but will be changing schools as soon as a spot becomes available at the other school.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

128 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

127 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

133 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

132 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

125 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

109 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

107 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

108 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

109 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Ethnicity This school

School start time
  • 8:00 a.m.
School end time
  • 2:15 p.m.
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school

• Special education
Specialized programs for specific types of special education students
  • Autism

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms

Apply now

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
Mariner Middle