760 students|Lee

Bad
Good

The principal treats people like a number as stated by the another commenter. Just another system bureaucratic dried up old pruny c*nt drone.

Develops character: Strongly agree

All of my dealings with administration have shown these qualities and they are instilled in the students. The teachers go beyond the call of duty.

My daughter has been attending CME since Kindergarten, now is in first grade. Absolutely amazing! Teachers are involved and communicate well, and challenge the students. Very high level of parent involvement, which is required and the right thing to do. Very busy school with many activities, parents need to be checking their child's notebook daily. Equal or better than the best private schools and strong reason to live in Cape Coral. I plan on sending my 3 year old son to CME and my daughter to continue on in the Oasis/CME charter system.

My son is in kindergarten. So I'm new to the the charter system. I find that it's very unorganized most of time There is a required parent involvement, 30 hours per year which I like, however, the communications come by flyers and alot of times come just days before events. It feels like the school assumes that everyone already know's the procedures, which in this case my husband and I don't. So we are frustrated alot trying to stay involved and aware. The teachers do have great structure in the class rooms, however this specific school does not offer alot of after school opportunities. The clubs that they list on their website, are not alwasys available, because they need volunteers to run them.

My son just finished Kindergarten at CME and I loved this school! He has learned so much in 1 year. Great communication between teacher and parents and I love that they require volunteer time because it keeps us more involved with the school. I am very happy that my son is attending this school and will definitely have my younger son attend as well.

Super happy with CME . Great communication with the teachers. They do a lot if fun things for the kids. They require the parents to be involved, but is super easy to keep track of your hours and they send you a letter by february to let you know what your hours are. Very friendly and helpful people. The kids love going to school. It is well organized and safe environment for the kids.

My daughter attended CME from 2nd - 5th grade and I can't say enough positives. She is now in high school and the improvements they've made since she left are truly amazing...accelerated program that challenges high performing and gifted students, science lab "special" class, diverse curriculum to include art, music, social studies (including world history) as well as regular "core" subjects. I wish that all of that had been in place when she attended. I thought it was an amazing school then, and Principal Collins has done a lot to make it even better! I would recommend it to anyone who has a student that needs to be challenged and wants their child to stay interested in learning and not be bored!

Overall this is an amazing school. Both kids attended since VPK, we just moved over the summer and miss the school dearly. The principal and teachers truly care and listen to parent concerns, of course some are better than others. The children excel. Between the accelerated curriculum, the high level of parent involvement, clean facility, and events they plan, it is an all around great school. My kids, as well as many of their friends have entered accelerated or gifted programming, and many of the children are reading in VPK. They allow the children to learn at their own pace and are pretty decent at recognizing individuality. Some minor issues with bullying that I would have liked to have seen resolved a bit quicker, but that is my biggest complaint. The food is healthier when compared to alternatives, the playground is newer and well maintained, the school is clean, they recognize achievement, push kids to excel (but are not militant), have frequent and interesting field trips, and Principal Collins has always been accommodating with us and others I have spoken with. Also very secure in how they handle children being picked up. IDs required, cards for the car-line.

My kids have been going to this school for 6 years different grades my daughter which is the last of my children has been there for kindergarten now going into first grade they withdrawal her seat with out even contacting me even thou she was going there for summer activities with her current teacher because of volunteer hours that I did complete my advice write down all your volunteer hours and check always because your always wrong there always right bottom line and it dosent matter how long and how much you have helped though out the years.Mrs Collins the principal wont do anything for you she will just treat your child like a number.So beware cover your back and dont except any help from the school.My daughter is happy at another school now!

CME is by far the best elementary school in the Cape! We moved to Cape Coral last August three weeks into the school year so we had to just choose a school by lottery. I researched CME through greatschools.org and saw it is identical to my daughter's former school Sandpiper elementary. Without hesitation I put her on the waiting list. CME kept me informed throughout the summer and the weekend before the 12-13 school year started, they called and said there was a seat available. It's been a great year thus far and my daughter loves the 3rd grade there. From online grades, to different after school clubs, community activities as well as mandatory parent involvement are some of the best any school can offer it's students and beneficial to my daughter's success. Thanks Great Schools for ALL your help!!!!

Last modified Christa McAulliffe Charter Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.