Public charter
Cape Coral, FL

Posted November 01, 2014
I've been at Oasis High School since the beginning of my Freshman year (I'm a Sophomore now). I'm very happy with the AICE program. All of my teachers are absolutely wonderful! However, during all of middle school and my Freshman year, I was a part of the performing arts program. It was a wonderful experience and I absolutely loved it. But at the end of last year, our drama teacher got fired for no reason and our principal is trying to completely abolish the drama program. No one is allowed to audition for the school musical unless they're in a drama class. There is no more after school drama club, musical theater, or show choir. High school is not just about academics. Students need to have a variety of extracurriculars to choose from, and at Oasis, all they care about is academics.

Oasis Charter High School 4

Posted August 12, 2014
I'm about to start my senior year at oasis and I've gone through all three other years of high school here. It's true that as a freshman our sports teams were terrible and there wasn't much to do, but that's how all new schools are. Our sports program has grown and has been excelling greatly, we're winning more and becoming a more well- known school. As for academics, the reviews below say it all, our academics programs are great and we now offer more classes. We also offer more electives now and our drama programs are getting more funds and doing great. We have also started funding to build more sports fields. Oasis is perfect -no school is- but most of the students have been here since elementary school, we've grown up together. Like all families we have our problems, there's fights an disagreements. But we're a family, whether we like to admit it or not. And don't worry if you're new because people here are very accepting and you'll soon feel as though you've been a part if this family your whole life. (P.S. to the parent criticizing our grammar and spelling below, you've spelt grammar and a couple other words wrong. Just letting you know.)

Posted May 21, 2014
This school wants to get rid of all electives besides languages to make it a full AICE Academy I would recommend not to go here unless you want ALL AICE classes. They even have AICE Spanish and AICE French. Its ridiculous. and some people may not want to have 2 years of college done before they graduate high school. I feel like we should have a Dance team a Drama program a choir program and an arts program. they are starting to fund for a sports complex when our sports teams suck with the exception of volleyball and basketball. They should build an auditorium for the drama program, dance, choir and art. They are taking away our high school career.

Oasis Charter High School 5

Posted December 24, 2013
I am graduating this year as a senior and have attended Oasis for all four years of high school. There are two distinct student bodies within the large all-encompassing one: the AICE/honors track and the non-AICE/honors track. Being in the AICE Program, I am only with a select group of students and have been for the past four years. The classes are challenging but interesting and typically tie into other classes (ie., AICE Math, AICE Physics, and AICE Chemistry). The teachers are outstanding, friendly, and always willing to help a student who is struggling/wants to dig deeper on a subject. There are various extracurriculars, though they tend to be mostly academic (NHS, Model UN, Philosophical Chess) and art-based (Drama, show choir, band, set design). There is very little drama or bullying in the group of AICE kids and there are a lot of student established study groups for classes and SAT/ACT. The two groups are distinct and I recommend this school highly if your student is more academically-based and looking for a good education, resources, and opportunities. Personally, I am highly ranked in my class and accepted to my first choice university and it's honors program.

Oasis Charter High School 5

Posted November 22, 2013
My daughter is a sophomore and I am so happy with our decision to stay with the system. She is excelling in the AICE program and on track to graduate with a strong GPA and college coursework already completed. I love that it is NOT a dual enrollment program - students can experience high school to the fullest while earning college credit. In addition, the AICE program teaches a balanced world view in the courses which is refreshing. The teachers have been very responsive and accessible when issues or concerns have come up, with few exceptions.

Oasis Charter High School 3

Posted July 19, 2013
Not now, but a few years considering this school. Just reading these reviews......If these recent reviews from 2013 by STUDENTS are any refelection of the grammer and spelling they are learning.....it would be a bad reflection to say the least- :/ KME

Posted June 06, 2013
My child went to this school and had huge problems with bullying, both in a physical nature and constant emotional torment from both students and teaching staff. Administration stuck their heads in the sand claiming there was no problem. It didn't help that many of the staff were related to each other and had children in the group of student bullies. There was no outside objectivity. The bullying did not stop with only my child being targeted but continued with me as a target. Even though I complied with the mandatory volunteerism AND classroom contributions, weekly notices were sent to me extorting more time and money from me or my child would not receive credits for the classes they were takin and would be banned from re-enrollment. We opted against returning to the school.

Oasis Charter High School 4

Posted January 11, 2013
i feel like if you have a problem with bullys or people being rude . oasis is very short of those dumb people but oasis is not the high school experience so its good with not having bullying but there is alot of drama and this small school thinks get around fast

Oasis Charter High School 2

Posted December 13, 2012
I am currently enrolled in oasis find it extremely boring. The only thing the school has to offer is a good aceademic program which is very dissapointing. Its dissapointing playing on sports teams that are blown out constantly, every mooring over the announcements we hear about our loses. My teachers usually give us assignments on our ipad instead of teaching us hands on. There is absolutely no school spirit and everyone complains about how they're parents forced them into the school. I am not in any extra curricular activities because they're is very little which none intrest me. most are drama type clubs. I would not recommend coming here if your looking to get a sports scholarship and have a good high school eperienc.

Oasis Charter High School 3

Posted January 07, 2012
Visited this school for my children and found it to be a bit too small with little extra curricular activity for them. If your children love sports, this school is severely lacking in the athletic dept. Little chance of athletic scholarships here. Education program, teachers, and staff appear to be very professional, and I have heard good things from other parents. My kids just love sports too much. :)

Oasis Charter High School
3519 Oasis Blvd, Cape Coral, FL  33914
Last modified Oasis Charter High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oasis Charter High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top