722 students|Lee

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (4 responses)

I’d like to say that Oasis HS is one of the finest schools that I’ve ever seen and I was thrilled (and proud) to teach there. I was one of those teachers who worked a brief time at Oasis. I taught Biology as a long-term substitute from January to May, and while I’m not clear on the causes of their turnover challenge (I’d go back as a long-term substitute in a heartbeat) I’d like to give you a glimpse behind the scenes in the teachers’ lounge. I had lunch with 7-12 teachers each day and I’ve never met a more caring group of individuals. Sure, we joked around a bit, but we also shared challenges and advice regarding the students, ALL of whom are treated with respect behind closed doors. I daresay that the students would be stunned at how much these teachers care about their welfare and their ability to transition into the next stage of their lives. And quite frankly, the Oasis students deserve it; they are an extraordinary group of kids. I taught 157 freshmen (around 65% of the class of 2019) and 50 seniors, and I could see how fortunate these students are to be in the Oasis system. The whole atmosphere (from an adult’s perspective) is one of students respecting each other throughout the years, and I think ANY student would be lucky to be a part of this school. Yes, hormones being what they are (I teach biology, after all) I’m sure that there are the usual dramas and challenges associated with teenagers in every High School. But I’d like to assure the parents that Oasis is staffed with caring, wonderful teachers (at least the dozen or so that I got to know well). I also think that they are very lucky in the administrative department with enthusiastic, motivated and dedicated staff in the front office from the Principal on down. Do not think twice about sending your son or daughter here – they will be part of a fine and growing tradition and will have many fond memories of being a part of this magnificent school.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

I KNOW from personal experience that the teachers care a great deal about the students here. It saddens me to think that a student would not feel comfortable speaking with a teacher about any perceived problems. To future students - GO talk with your teachers; they'll listen, I promise!

A wonderful small school with caring staff and administration. The school is nice and safe and the children are kept accountable for their actions.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The school does not develops honesty,integrity and fairness in its students!!! Very bad moral They do not care about students

Over 30 teachers left the school in the past 3 years The new principal is horrible The new "teachers" do not know how to teach A lot of bullying If you try to talk to teachers & principle to try to change the situation, they will tell you to change the school Which I did Would not recommend

This school is a mess. Yes, over 30 teachers have left the school in the past 3-4 years, and it is impossible, for whatever reason, for the administration to find suitable replacements. For AICE classes, we are being taught by substitutes for great lengths of time, and they have no experience teaching a Cambridge course. Not to mention it's irritating when you switch teachers 3 times in the course of a year. You become used to one teacher and their way of teaching, then have to start fresh with another. It is difficult to even want to show up because there is almost no point at times. Some teachers do a very excellent job, but most are not qualified and many don't seem to care. Oasis really needs to sort out all of its issues and get on top of things — something this school has struggled with for years.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

all corrupted, other students are afraid to say the truth because they are afraid of the teachers or others

I've been at Oasis High School since the beginning of my Freshman year (I'm a Sophomore now). I'm very happy with the AICE program. All of my teachers are absolutely wonderful! However, during all of middle school and my Freshman year, I was a part of the performing arts program. It was a wonderful experience and I absolutely loved it. But at the end of last year, our drama teacher got fired for no reason and our principal is trying to completely abolish the drama program. No one is allowed to audition for the school musical unless they're in a drama class. There is no more after school drama club, musical theater, or show choir. High school is not just about academics. Students need to have a variety of extracurriculars to choose from, and at Oasis, all they care about is academics.

I'm about to start my senior year at oasis and I've gone through all three other years of high school here. It's true that as a freshman our sports teams were terrible and there wasn't much to do, but that's how all new schools are. Our sports program has grown and has been excelling greatly, we're winning more and becoming a more well- known school. As for academics, the reviews below say it all, our academics programs are great and we now offer more classes. We also offer more electives now and our drama programs are getting more funds and doing great. We have also started funding to build more sports fields. Oasis is perfect -no school is- but most of the students have been here since elementary school, we've grown up together. Like all families we have our problems, there's fights an disagreements. But we're a family, whether we like to admit it or not. And don't worry if you're new because people here are very accepting and you'll soon feel as though you've been a part if this family your whole life. (P.S. to the parent criticizing our grammar and spelling below, you've spelt grammar and a couple other words wrong. Just letting you know.)

This school wants to get rid of all electives besides languages to make it a full AICE Academy I would recommend not to go here unless you want ALL AICE classes. They even have AICE Spanish and AICE French. Its ridiculous. and some people may not want to have 2 years of college done before they graduate high school. I feel like we should have a Dance team a Drama program a choir program and an arts program. they are starting to fund for a sports complex when our sports teams suck with the exception of volleyball and basketball. They should build an auditorium for the drama program, dance, choir and art. They are taking away our high school career.

Last modified Oasis Charter High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.