Island Coast High School

Public | 9-12 | 1532 students

Posted August 20, 2014

I'm actually accepted here. Before this place, I was bullied all the time. I was a misfit. From Caloosa Middle, to NFM Academy of the Arts. I was never accepted and people went over-the-top with me. But this school was different. I was in tears of how open minded the kids were. All you have to do is have a positive attitude. The school spirit here is astounding from admins. The students never bullied me, and I can openly say that I like they find weird, and a teacher or staff member will do all they can, literally, to stand up for me should any one say something, and by something, I mean it won't even go as far as something so little that it's not even a real insult to me. I never knew people could be so accepting of me, and fun! Especially Spanish 1's teacher. If you have this teacher at Island Coast, you will love this school, and that's a CERTAINCY. This school's kindness has me in tears, just thinking about it makes me think I'm truly at home. Keep shining Gators, just keep on shining. :')

Posted July 2, 2014

I find it funny how there are countless amounts of good reviews when I myself think negativity. Don't get me wrong, SOME of the teachers well-educate their students but most of them care what's on their pay check! Most of the students are rather accepting towards everyone but also half of the students,from my experience, are RUDE. Principle Bueno on the other hand is great while being heavy on the dress code for unecessary items.

Posted March 24, 2014

My daughter was sick and feeling strange for a few days and I had no idea what was going on but do to the concern of her teachers, she was sent to the nurse who figured out my daughter was diabetic. It was day before springbreak and she was going out of town with her grandparents the next day. I don't know much about the teaching stuff but I do know they probably saved her life. Thanks to all involved.

Posted January 11, 2014

My daughter attends this school and I must say this is a GREAT one! When we moved to Cape Coral everyone told me to keep her out of this school and I was really worried about her attending but hoped for the best and it turned out even better! She is thriving academically and athletically there and has no problems! All of her teachers are wonderful! Don't let the rumors fool you, ICHS is absolutely awesome!

Posted September 22, 2012

The School is convenient, the food is well and people are nice. I like it

Posted August 21, 2012

Cont from prior review-Forgot, the one thing ICHS lacks, and makes NO sense to me with the success of their teams (mainly football) is spirit!!! The concession stands at the football games is a complete JOKE. There is no program for the games (like other local high schools-all it takes is company sponsors) and the band was nonexistant until last year. We have the talent that no other schools have, now lets get behind these kids and show some spirit, like we care!!!! I do all I can do-like feed 150 boys each week during football season and get sponsors for new wrestling gear (along w/ our own donations and more importantly-our TIME) Cmon Gators, let's kick NFM High off in the spirit department!!!

Posted September 1, 2010

Excelence in education, maintaining moral and great leadership especially in ROTC. The food though I heard from my son needs to be nutrious and more abundant for growing kids and healthy minds.

Posted June 2, 2010

I feel unsafe here because of all the profanity, explicit talk, and creepy kids. Can't wait to get out.

Posted May 5, 2010

Our school is wonderful! The teachers, staff, and all the hard-working adults are always worrying about the kids! We are great in sports and have an excellent school. We barely have fights and most of all, we're one big happy place :)

Posted March 29, 2010

the teachers are awesome and the school is big just wish they made a little bit better food and larger amount

Posted March 24, 2010

island coast is a terrific school. friendly people, great faculty and staff. our school is clean and contain the best teachers !

Posted December 18, 2009

Island Coast is an okay school if you like big schools. I myself am from a one story school with a population of only 400 students. So for me this was a big change. The teachers are really nice, most of the students are nice also.

Posted June 29, 2009

this school is a great school. The teachers are great, and so is the staff. The only thing we are missing this the school spirt.

Posted December 18, 2008

The school is a good school, other then they have petty rules for students. They should concentrate more on education and punishment.

Posted July 22, 2008

I go to this school and i can assure you that this is the school to be in. The academics are excellent and I learn alot from the teachers at Island Coast.

Posted June 26, 2008

I chose this school for my son because it was new. I had compared high school grades and most of them were not impressive. I felt that I would rather go wtih the unknown new school then with the track record of the old ones. I made the right decision by far. The school is excellent at parent communication. I feel like there is a wonderful group of parents there that are focused on thier childrens future. They will be moving into the new school this summer and all the kids are excited. I fell like my son got the best advantage of being in a school of all 9th graders as the beginning to his high school career. I look forward to the next 3 years with Island Coast!

Reading

The state average for Reading was 53% in 2014.

296 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 55% in 2014.

355 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 64% in 2014.

354 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 84% in 2012.

373 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "D".

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 66% in 2014.

202 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 68% in 2014.

326 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 64% in 2014.

378 students were tested at this school in 2014.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 65% in 2014.

338 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Ethnicity This school

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 2%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school community.

• MS. KRISTIN BUENO
Fax number
  • (239) 772-8405

Staff resources available to students
  • Assistant principal(s)
Transportation options
  • Buses/vans for students only
  • Cafeteria
  • Library
Note: Data provided by community members,
needs to be verified by school leaders.

Sports

Arts & music

Performing arts
  • Drama
Note: Data provided by community members,
needs to be verified by school leaders.

Apply now