106 students|Levy

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Whispering Winds Charter School 2

Posted November 12, 2015
After speaking to the principal about why this school was different/better than my child's then-current school, I decided to transfer my child to this school. My decision was based on the principal's statements of the school having smaller class sizes, and not only a teacher in the class but also a teacher aide to help with students who may need extra guidance. As soon as my child started, I realized that the statements made by the principal were not entirely true. There were just as many kids in my child's class here as there were at the previous school. There was a teacher's aide in the class, but the aide really only assisted with a physically handicapped child in the class. My child never received any extra benefit from the aide, and was, in fact, called a childish name by the aide at one point. The aide lost her temper, resorted to name-calling, and never apologized to my child for it. The teacher in this class was also less-than-desireable. Everyone talks about how the school is a close-knit family, but that is only true of people who the staff have grown up with in this small community. When the staff had issues with my child, they even spoke to and treated me as if I had been the one to cause the problem. The principal spoke to and about my child in a derogatory manner on repeated occassions, she is extremely moody, and speaks to people very disrespectfully. My child no longer attends this school, and my younger ones never will. Terrible experience!

Posted September 09, 2015
My son has been attending going on his 3rd year. Its such a closeknit family atmosphere. My son would get lost in the crowd in an elementary school. The staff assist with behaviors as well as acedemics.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted September 09, 2015
Staff teaches respect in everyday activities. All students are taught to respect themselves and others.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted September 09, 2015
The staff strive to show and teach compassion, caring and empathy everyday. Marvin Marshall is used as well.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted September 09, 2015
The staff offers and open door policy and are available to parents. They listen to the parents as well as offer resources to help the student. Their rating for the past 2 years says it all.

Whispering Winds Charter School 2

Posted June 24, 2013
Whispering Winds started as a place where children who had or would have slipped through the cracks could receive the education that every child deserves. Every school has its ups and downs. Unfortunately, WWCS is facing a downward spiral. They have gotten rid of the art teacher, a fifth grade teacher and most of the aides. How will our children get small groups or one on one? What is the purpose of Whispering Winds if they have nothing different to offer?

Posted September 06, 2009
I thank God for this wonderful school. I enrolled my child in Chiefland Elementary for kindergarten, after 1 day of attendance I quickly transfered him to WWCS ! Our experiences for the last 3 years have been nothing short of exceptional. I have only one regret, that WWCS dosen't go all the way to 12th grade. I would like to thank the entire staff for their dedication and kindness, I feel confident knowing my child is in the safest, most wonderful school I have ever known. Thank you all.

Posted November 12, 2008
I have two children that attend, they have been attending for the past 3 years.The whole school makes you feel like a family.The teachers are very concerned about the kids and their progress.My 3rd child will start attending next year. WWCS is a great school, my family loves it.

Posted February 28, 2008
Our families experience with WWCS began with my very physically active son transfering there from a large school in the area. He was able to do well and will graduate from high school with honors this year. Our daughter now attends there and the wonderful thing about WWCS is that they meet the needs of each child individually. She is now in the fourth grade and has been challanged and stimulated by her teacher and the school as a whole. The small classes, rural setting and close relationship with parents enable a positive learning enviroment for each child. I have been very pleased with the school and especially the response to parents concerns and action taken to rectify any problems. We love WWCS!

Posted August 13, 2007
i was a srudent at this school about 4 yrs ago. when i started i was nine and didnt know how to read yet or anything,then i found this amazing school!! i love it so much and was so sad when i had to leave. i loved all the teachers/staff so very much.They helped me and my family out in so many different ways. i say this is the best school ever!! i love it so much and hopefullly somday again i can visit =) i havent been there in so long =( maybye this nxt upcoming school yr i can come and visit all the lovely people there!! with love always, lily blanchard every one here sends there love,we talk about whispering winds all the time!

2481 Nw Old Fannin Rd, Chiefland, FL  32626-9165
Last modified Whispering Winds Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.