Whispering Winds Charter School 2

Posted June 24, 2013
Whispering Winds started as a place where children who had or would have slipped through the cracks could receive the education that every child deserves. Every school has its ups and downs. Unfortunately, WWCS is facing a downward spiral. They have gotten rid of the art teacher, a fifth grade teacher and most of the aides. How will our children get small groups or one on one? What is the purpose of Whispering Winds if they have nothing different to offer?

Posted September 06, 2009
I thank God for this wonderful school. I enrolled my child in Chiefland Elementary for kindergarten, after 1 day of attendance I quickly transfered him to WWCS ! Our experiences for the last 3 years have been nothing short of exceptional. I have only one regret, that WWCS dosen't go all the way to 12th grade. I would like to thank the entire staff for their dedication and kindness, I feel confident knowing my child is in the safest, most wonderful school I have ever known. Thank you all.

Posted December 21, 2008

Whispering Winds Charter School 0

Posted November 12, 2008
I have two children that attend, they have been attending for the past 3 years.The whole school makes you feel like a family.The teachers are very concerned about the kids and their progress.My 3rd child will start attending next year. WWCS is a great school, my family loves it.

Posted February 28, 2008
Our families experience with WWCS began with my very physically active son transfering there from a large school in the area. He was able to do well and will graduate from high school with honors this year. Our daughter now attends there and the wonderful thing about WWCS is that they meet the needs of each child individually. She is now in the fourth grade and has been challanged and stimulated by her teacher and the school as a whole. The small classes, rural setting and close relationship with parents enable a positive learning enviroment for each child. I have been very pleased with the school and especially the response to parents concerns and action taken to rectify any problems. We love WWCS!

Whispering Winds Charter School 0

Posted August 13, 2007
i was a srudent at this school about 4 yrs ago. when i started i was nine and didnt know how to read yet or anything,then i found this amazing school!! i love it so much and was so sad when i had to leave. i loved all the teachers/staff so very much.They helped me and my family out in so many different ways. i say this is the best school ever!! i love it so much and hopefullly somday again i can visit =) i havent been there in so long =( maybye this nxt upcoming school yr i can come and visit all the lovely people there!! with love always, lily blanchard every one here sends there love,we talk about whispering winds all the time!

Whispering Winds Charter School 2

Posted August 06, 2006
Wwcs has had my to sons for the last 4 years. I am upset with the direction of how this school is going with a F score. As a result, my son will not be returning this school year. I understand that all schools have good and bad times, but when there is a wide spread problem in the way this school operates, this something has to give. The charter school idea is a great one. Smaller classes are wonderful, as this was approved by the voting public, but when grades begin to fall, we as parents, must decide where to let our young ones continue on with this program or change to something else. Wwcs was once a great school and can be agian if certain changes in staff and curriculum will change. There are very good teachers there but the leadership has something less to be desired.

Posted April 12, 2005
This is our fifth year at WWCS, and this is a school that cares about the child, and the child's learning style. We feel like a family because of the personal interest that the teachers take in each child and also the parents. I love WWCs, it has made school a place that my kids want to go to everyday.

Whispering Winds Charter School 4

Posted May 05, 2004
This school under the direction of George Farrow has been an excellant choice for my daughter. The Kindergarten teacher Ms. Farrow teaches in much the same manner that I would teach if I were in charge. The choice of teachers aids is exceptional. Ms. Tammy Okahargbo took the initiative to actually read the information packet that detailed specifics concerning my daughters disabilities. Informational osmosis wasn't an option for Ms. Tammy. Ms. Delaney has a heart of gold, with the voice of an angel. Her patience is extraordinary. She communicates with both the children and parents with understanding, kindness, and respect. The children are taught to respect the teachers, each other, and themselves. The children are valued in this school. Here these children develop a sense of value and belonging for themselves and one another. As a parent my input is always welcome.

Whispering Winds Charter School
2481 Nw Old Fannin Rd, Chiefland, FL  32626
Last modified Whispering Winds Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Whispering Winds Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top