Chipley, FL

Kate M. Smith Elementary School 1

Posted October 29, 2012
The Bus System needs to fixed. I have 3 children that ride the same bus in the morn and same bus different loads in the afternoon and I have had nothing but problems about the bus driver letting my 2nd grader sit in the back of the bus with the BIG kids and she comes home saying things she should know nothing about.....drugs and sex...she is 8 for God's Sake.....don't like the bus system at all

Posted May 06, 2010

Kate M. Smith Elementary School 1

Posted July 18, 2009

Kate M. Smith Elementary School 0

Posted July 11, 2007
Wondeful principal, worked wonders with our son. [My] child has come along way with him & our sons teachers. We would send our baby girl next year no were else but here to Kate Smith. Though busing is not the school but the school system it is broken and needs fix

Kate M. Smith Elementary School 4

Posted July 10, 2007
I think overall that we have a pretty good school. We finally have a principal that is wonderful and seems to be really be involved and cares what the parent have to say. Most of our teachers are outstanding and go above and beyond of what is required of them. I think one of our big issues; is the safety on our buses. I have three boys that ride and they come home all the time upset because of bigger kids hitting. They are told to sit wherever on the bus. I think Grade school is first, middle school 2nd then high school. There is no excuse.This problem needs to be addressed. Thank You.

Kate M. Smith Elementary School 3

Posted July 21, 2006
My child is in the fourth grade at Kate Smith. He scored a 4.5 in reading and 4.9 in math on the fcat. I believe that he is receiving an excellent education. The key to a well grounded education is parent involvment in the classroom.

Posted January 11, 2006
I would like all parents and future parents of students that this school has done a wonderfull job in the education of all 3 of my children. Two of my children presently attend here. My daughter is in the 5 grade and has learned not only accademics but has been taught respect. My son is in the pre k program for the past 2 years and his language and progress has improved very much. I am proud to say this school has the best educators available. I am thankful my children attend this school. Signed a proud parent barbara shirah mother to tiffany shirah-5th grader and ethan shirah-pre-k students at kate m smith elem

Posted January 30, 2004
My child attends Kate M. Smith Elementary School. I believe that he is receiving the highest quality education possible. The staff is wonderful and extremely helpful. If I ever need anything, I just call. I highly recommend this wonderful school.

Kate M. Smith Elementary School 2

Posted December 10, 2003
I pulled my kids out after 1 week upon hearing from other mothers that 1/3 of the K class failed last year. Alot of the younger children can't read, recognize letters or sounds, etc. The gangs start at 3rd grade. I now drive my kids 1 hr, 3 counties away in order to get a decent education and be safe. I don't recommend this school to anyone moving here.

Kate M. Smith Elementary School
750 Sinclair Street, Chipley, FL  32428
Last modified Kate M. Smith Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kate M. Smith Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top