Posted August 10, 2014
This is an Excellent School! The curriculum is challenging. The support staff is amazing in meeting the individual needs of my children. The principal, Nancy Simon, is a natural leader and makes tough decisions on a daily basis. She never seems bothered by the many parental concerns. And she quickly has a solution, which involves the knowledgeable faculty members. Our children are getting a quality education and much more. They are continuously challenged to be moral, upstanding citizens. It is interesting to see the two negative comments here: 1. ... Is a CHILD. Sorry but a review by an elementary student should not be allowed here. Not to mention, this specific student is repeating something her parent 'said' a teacher 'said'. 2. The other negative comment is a parent, who wanted to return to the school, but was denied an out of zone waiver. If the school, faculty, and principal were so bad, why would you want to go to it? Seems like the negative feedback is due to the waiver being denied. Neither are fair comments and anyone viewing should "consider the source".

Posted September 11, 2013
This school is amazing. The staff is phenomenal . My kids love this school. Teachers care about students in this school and I see it on a day to day basis. My son is on his 3rd year here and has developed an excellent relationship with the whole staff! He still goes to say hi, to both his previous teachers! The children are not only safe, but the FEEL safe as well.. 10 stars all the way!!

Posted April 02, 2013
Each year, we are impressed with the teachers at CRE. It is run like a really good private school. Every situation is handled quickly and professionally by the teacher/s, Assistant Principal, and Principal. My children have grown as better people-in part, because of experiences at CRE. One of my children is a quick-learner, which was noticed by every teacher he came in contact with. They always acknowledged his need for a fast-paced learning environment and provided what was need in order for him to continue to excel. The principal is extremely consistent. She is a professional and ensures that all the staff members act professionally, as well. I had to laugh when I read the two reviews below: one from a student, whose parent was upset that CRE wanted to succeed with FCAT! The other, was a parent who was unhappy with things but still wanted to receive a zone waiver to attend the school. When she did not receive it, she posted a negative review. Not getting what you want, is not a reason to throw a fit. Excellent school, safe environment, strong academics.... Moving to Citrus County? Make sure to get a home zoned for this school!

Central Ridge Elementary School 1

Posted February 03, 2013
I used to be a student here at CRE I hated this school the teacher told my Dad that "We are just here to have the kids a 100% on the FCAT" they didnt even help me with X's I stayed here until not even half way into the 4th grade and changed schools how much i hated it. If I where you I would not choose this school I'm sorry to be so mean but its the truth!

Central Ridge Elementary School 1

Posted November 20, 2011
This school is absolutely, without a doubt, the worst I have ever encountered!!! The principal & some of the staff are abhorrent, self centered & absorbed. Special needs services? Non existent! The ESE specialist seems very unqualified & does not know anything about some diagnoses, nor does she want to educate herself about them. I received a call on the 4th day of a new school year by the principal threatening to kick my special needs son out! He is on Soc. Sec. Disability of hearing & learning issues but did not qualify for ESE in this school according to the powers that be...I fought all year to get my son services..they constantly blew me off, did nothing to help him & finally got a meeting at the end of the year & was told there was nothing that could be done now, it was too late into the year. Nancy Simon then rejected my children's out of zone voucher for the next year even though it was an extreme hardship to me to enroll them in another school! Hateful, inept, inadequate & uncaring! Parents Beware, especially w/special needs kids! The principal has too much power..no checks & balance system in place & she runs rampant w/power! Grateful my children are out of that hellhole!

Posted August 26, 2010
I definitely made the right choice when I enrolled my special needs child here. Her improvement is sooooo impressive that she's a totally different child. It's because her teacher would always go the extra mile, she never gave up on my child. It's definitely the teachers & everyone involved that make the school. Kudos to everyone at Central Ridge!

Posted January 05, 2010
This is a wonderful school! I am very picky and looked at many schools in different areas and counties and we decided where we would live based on schools. We decided to move into the area zoned for Central Ridge. We are very happy with our decision. We love it and so do our kids! The staff is wonderful and very helpful.

Posted September 16, 2009
The kids and staff are great!

Posted August 18, 2009

Posted June 03, 2009
This school is perfect before my kid used to get C's and D's but now she gets all A's!

Central Ridge Elementary School
185 West Citrus Springs Boulevard, Citrus Springs, FL  34434
Last modified Central Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Central Ridge Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top