261 students|Calhoun

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted July 28, 2015
My last child graduated from Carr ten years ago. When my children went, it was not excessive. From my grandchildren who attend now, I know that they have a homework journal that comes home with them that parents sign off on to ensure that they know what is going on in their child's academic life.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted July 28, 2015
My son works with Naval Base, my oldest daughter with the postal service, and my youngest daughter is a docotr. They all attended Carr School. Need I say more?

Develops respect: Agree

Posted July 28, 2015
Manners are very much encouraged here. You will hear "Yes, ma'am," "No, Sir," and "Thank You" on a regular basis.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted July 28, 2015
Yes, I agree. Most teachers are personally involved with how well their students are performing and are very willing to coordinate with parents to ensure students continued good performance.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted July 28, 2015
For the most part I agree, but people are people and there is only so much a school staff can do. It is a small school in a rural community so there is a little nepotism. This school is a public school but seems more like a private school with students getting as much as they put are willing to put in.

Carr Elementary & Middle School 4

Posted July 28, 2015
I give a good rather than a great because though most teachers are very helpful and willing to work with the parent, there is always that one!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 28, 2015
My siblings, my children and my grandchildren have gone to Carr School. It is an excellent school and is ranked top in the state and often in the nation. This school strives for academic excellence.

Carr Elementary & Middle School 5

Posted August 27, 2013
This is the best school a child could go to. I have had one child graduate Carr in 2011 and have two children that still attend. The only improvement I would recommend is that they should go to 12th grade. There isn't a high school in the area worth putting your children in. My oldest graduated Carr and is now in Calhoun Virtual. I love the fact that they involve the parent in every aspect of your childs day. I go to every activity, from fun days, festivals, class parties and field trips.

Carr Elementary & Middle School 5

Posted June 05, 2009
I went to this school from kindergarten through eighth grade and i'm proud to say im a graduate of Carr's class of 2008. This in my opinion is the best school ever. I had so many fun times here and made many friends that I will keep for my lifetime. The teachers are amazing they truely care for and love the students. I miss this school soo much and wish it went on to high school because I would enroll there in a heart beat. I can not even begin to tell you about all the great and wonderful times I had at Carr. It was defintitly like a second home to me the teachers thought of us like their kids and the students were not just classmates but best friends who were like brothers and sisters that were always there for each other. I honestly and truely love this school.

Carr Elementary & Middle School 4

Posted December 13, 2007
I am a student that goes to Carr Elementary & Middle school. I like it here but Carr could use a few things. Carr (in my opinion) should have more fun days and student-parent activities like Blountstown does. Though Carr is an A grade school it gets a B- in activities and fun. But otherwise I love Carr and I don't know how anyone couldn't.

18987 Nw Sr 73, Clarksville, FL  32430-2708
Last modified Carr Elementary & Middle School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.