K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I loved the teachers and the curriculum. Both my kids graduated from Washburn Academy. I feel that a substantial part of my children growing into socially aware, caring human beings is from what they were taught at Washburn Academy. Academically Washburn Academy is top notch. Both my guys love to study, have been able to choose what they wanted to do in life and their education is above the level of people their age. The school staff is very much involved with the students and parents which is what I was looking for in a school. The school is also involved very much in community projects and this I feel is very important also because our children our the future and to have a school that really works on that is very important. You get decent, caring, responsible human beings who happen to be well educated to boot.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Special. Wonderful folk who really care for your kids. My kids loved going to school everyday. That speaks for itself!

Develops character: Strongly agree

Because it teaches what it is to be responsible. It is very involved in community issues and shows kids where they can help in being part of making things better by participating.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

During my time there I witnessed many students reading or doing math problems far below their age level. I saw no evidence of history or geography; literature, composition, or political science, civics, social studies or religion being taught. In fact, most of the teachers there are either related in some way or are prior students. I'm not aware of any teaching or educational credentials they have

Amount of homework: no rating

To my knowledge, the school had a no homework policy. My child never had any and the students in the work study program could not leave school until 530pm or later, so it's hard to imagine they had homework

Develops character: Neutral

Most children are extremely sensitive to their environment. When the person in charge of the school has shown herself to be prone to prevarication, I can only have doubts as to what character traits the students are exposed to.

We moved our teenage kids into Washburn Academy 3 years ago and it was the best move we could have made! They have thrived, found their way as young adults and are productive members of society now. I couldn't recommend this school more! The genuine care and help that's provided every day and completely customized to each child is just amazing and unsurpassed. Love it!

My son has been attending Washburn for about a year. He is 6. His teacher is amazing with him. She got him to feel comfortable right away. He never wanted to leave my side before this. He's reading and writing and is learning so much!

My 3 boys have gone there for many years now and I love it! They each get the individual attention they each need to succeed. They are doing really well and love going to school everyday! Which that alone shows you how amazing it is!

Great school that teaches students actual life skills. The best teenagers with best manners. I love the school and am lucky my children get the best education possible in a safe environment.

Last modified Washburn Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12