Posted January 27, 2015
Pinellas Academy of math and science has come along way in three years. Despite the bumps in the road since it opened three years ago this school has surpassed my expectations. And despite the unhappy parents and the poor reviews on this site, the majority of the parents are happy with the school. Yes the school is on it's third principle (not forth as one student said). But that goes to show you that the organization that runs the school cares about the school if they don't like the principles performance they're going to get someone else. My son is learning thriving and is part of the school that's like a big family and we love it at Pinellas Academy of math and science. My son is learning about science, math, technology and engineering and this is in the second grade. The school didn't give up on us and we did not give up on OUR SCHOOL :). we love it here! There are after school clubs each day of the week including chess club, Lego club and math club. Another great thing about the school is your child can attend from kindergarten all the way to eighth grade.

Posted January 04, 2015
I am a student at pams they have been open for 3 years and are on there 4th principle. I would not recommend coming it is
4 people found this helpful

Posted October 28, 2014
This school has had over 3 years, 3 principals, 3 APs and it is still an organizational mess and a joke to call it an "educational facility". Policies are not followed, district mandates are not followed, the poor students suffer at the hands of inexperienced administration that have no idea how to run a school. What a mess. Has been for over 3 years and nothing has changed. Your child will suffer academically at this school and lose ground. They will become withdrawn due to the bullying. As soon as I took my child out of this school they flourished academically and socially because they were no longer feeling the negative attitude and lack of leadership and teacher qualifications. Poor quaility, low education. Not a good choice for students that want to learn.
6 people found this helpful

Posted October 01, 2014
I am a student at pinellas academy and i do not recommend coming here. They are very unorganized and fail to inform us of important information. It has been about 5 weeks and i have yet to have been informed how to purchase a locker. There are kids that steal my lunch and i have informed faculty but they have yet to do anything.
6 people found this helpful

Posted September 08, 2014
This is our 3rd year at PAMS. I have a 4th grader and 2nd grader here. I have nothing but positive things to say; the teachers are awesome, the principal and vice principal are super friendly and helpful. The curriculum is based on the developmental level of each child. Every staff member is committed to making sure that each child succeeds. As a parent of a child with learning disabilities, I am pleasantly surprised with the help and attention my child gets. I am looking forward to another amazing year!

Posted September 05, 2014
This is our second year at PAMS. My son had an awesome first grade year, and second is off to a great start! All of the teachers are caring and dedicated. I like our new principal and assistant principal. They have our children's safety and education as their top priority. I only see good things for the future!

Posted September 05, 2014
Amazing administration. Great teachers. Focused on the kids. Huge improvements since last year. So glad we stayed.

Posted September 05, 2014
We have attended this school since it opened. This is our third year. We have been there through the wrinkles getting ironed out. We love PAMS! This school year has started out perfectly. We have had no issues. The teachers and staff are amazing. My daughter has grown so much academically, and I could not be happier. I recommend this school to everyone I know.

Posted September 04, 2014
Absolutely love this school. This is my sons second year there and I am very pleased! You have my 5 stars! Awesome teachers, awesome staff!

Posted August 16, 2014
My 2 daughters attend this school and have made excellent academic progress. Their teachers developed individualized academic progress plans. They identified teaching and learning techniques based on how each of our daughters learned most effectively utilizing creative best practices. The teachers scheduled quarterly meetings with us to go over their academic progress and develop plans for the next quarter for continued academic progress. Field trips and community presentations are done for the students. My daughters have attended this school since it opened a couple of years ago. Of course the school experienced done growing pains which is typical if any new organization. The current principle is excellent and focused on creative proven best practices to promote academic excellence.

Pinellas Academy Of Math And Science
1775 South Highland Avenue, Clearwater, FL  33756
Last modified Pinellas Academy Of Math And Science is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pinellas Academy Of Math And Science Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top