518 students|Pinellas

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

We love this school! Our children are in the lower grades. The curriculum is amazing, and they also get to participate in after school clubs (chess, piano, robotics, music, dance). It's a long day (especially if they participate in after-school clubs): grades K-2 is 8:30-3, and grades 3-8 is 8:30-3:30. The homework is also intense - it's assigned Mon-Thurs and not on weekends or before holidays. The teachers are all dedicated, the kids are well-behaved, and discipline seems good. It's a very academically challenging environment and we are happy with our choice!

My experience at this school was in the beginning excitement it is packaged so well. My son was in Mrs.Mcarthys Kindergarten class, it took a terrible turn, my son was depressed at age 5, because he was constantly getting red. She told me my son had behavior problems that was effecting his learning and that he refused to do his work. This was shocking to me being that my son was in preschool since he was a baby and loved it and his teachers!

My Son started kindergarten this school year 2016/2017 and so far so good, the teachers, the principal all the staff is so friendly, my Son is getting amazing education. Highly recommended. The School is also beautiful. Is very difficult when you move out of stated, this School was the best choice we could have. So glad we got Elected. Very very thankful for this School. Wishing the best for this awesome School. We love Our Pinellas Academy

Top-notch academics in a small, caring, private-school atmosphere. The campus is beautiful, though what initially attracted us was a focus on science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM). This school infuses STEM and the "scientific method" into its entire curriculum - a phenomenal advantage in today's competitive world. We are glad our children are enrolled at Pinellas Academy of Math and Science!

Love this school! Our boys are in 3rd grade and 1st grade! The administration is wonderful and the teachers are caring and innovative! Best choice we ever made!

Worst experience ever! Dissapointing and horrible experience being here. On the 3rd principal.no real electives for kids.Bullying and violence is allowed. Total let down to be a charter school.

My son spent 3 years at PAMS and started at a new school this year. There were some positives to the school such as a small school feel where you knew most of the parents and teachers, but overall I would not recommend this school. My son is thrilled with his new school and amazed by the art and music programs they have at a public school that far exceed PAMS. He excelled very much at PAMS and was a straight A student but I feel he is a little behind in a regular school environment. I feel at his new school the teachers communicate more effectively and much easier to deal with administration. I had problems with getting phone calls returned at PAMS. I feel like my son is definitely better off in the neighborhood school.

Pinellas Academy of math and science has come along way in three years. Despite the bumps in the road since it opened three years ago this school has surpassed my expectations. And despite the unhappy parents and the poor reviews on this site, the majority of the parents are happy with the school. Yes the school is on it's third principle (not forth as one student said). But that goes to show you that the organization that runs the school cares about the school if they don't like the principles performance they're going to get someone else. My son is learning thriving and is part of the school that's like a big family and we love it at Pinellas Academy of math and science. My son is learning about science, math, technology and engineering and this is in the second grade. The school didn't give up on us and we did not give up on OUR SCHOOL :). we love it here! There are after school clubs each day of the week including chess club, Lego club and math club. Another great thing about the school is your child can attend from kindergarten all the way to eighth grade.

I am a student at pams they have been open for 3 years and are on there 4th principle. I would not recommend coming it is

This school has had over 3 years, 3 principals, 3 APs and it is still an organizational mess and a joke to call it an "educational facility". Policies are not followed, district mandates are not followed, the poor students suffer at the hands of inexperienced administration that have no idea how to run a school. What a mess. Has been for over 3 years and nothing has changed. Your child will suffer academically at this school and lose ground. They will become withdrawn due to the bullying. As soon as I took my child out of this school they flourished academically and socially because they were no longer feeling the negative attitude and lack of leadership and teacher qualifications. Poor quaility, low education. Not a good choice for students that want to learn.

Last modified Pinellas Academy Of Math And Science is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.