Belleair Elementary School 5

Posted December 11, 2013
EXELLENT SCHOOL I LOVE IT MUY BUENA ESCUELA EXELENTE LE PROVEEN MUCHA AYUDA A LOS NINOS

Belleair Elementary School 1

Posted September 06, 2012
Horrible!!! The staff talk down to the children. This is a very negative atmosphere. If you have the choice, choose another school. We have a problem we would like to discuss with the principal and it's been 3 days and we have not had a returned call. We were there and were told the principal was busy. She was in the office, probably doing paperwork. Too busy to meet with parents who were very upset about a situation between a student and a teacher. If they don't care about our children how can we trust they are safe while they are in class?

Belleair Elementary School 3

Posted April 11, 2012
Belleair Elementary has a wonderful caring set of teachers and support staff. Given the demographics of the area around the school, it is a wonderful school that challenges its current population. After saying all of this.. Belleair was not a fit for our family. My children placed higher on all levels of testing and I moved my kindergartener into the gifted program at Ridgecrest when he started 1st grade. Homework is light at Belleair most likely due a majority of the children not even completing what little homework they are given. This is not the teachers or staffs fault. Education first starts within the home, we as parents have to be active and challenging our children to strive to do better in school. The office staff at Belleair was OUTSTANDING!!! However; if you dish them attitude, they can hand it right back to you. My advise with dealing with the school staff. Treat them nice and they will be nice back to you. Simple!!! There is NO parent involvement at this school. We have since moved to another county and I am thrilled with the parent involvement at our new school. I wish that Belleair would allow parent volunteers more. Our favorite teachers: Carlson and Albritton

Belleair Elementary School 1

Posted October 17, 2010
Relocated from the North to Largo. Ponce was full so my son got shoved into this DUMP! The 4th grade teachers seem to be pretty good but the principal is rude at best. My son has not done ANYTHING challenging academically. He gets 1 page of math homework each night...and it is 3rd grade level math at best. He constantly complains of the other kids swearing at each other. He usually witnesses 2 fights per day. I usually get to see one of them when I pick him up. The surrounding area is full of govt. subsidized housing with the usual "street thugs" on the corners selling there "products" no more than a block away. The police are more interested in ticketing school zone speeders than cleaning up the streets. On the positive side the 4th & 5th grade has smartboards which keep him focused.

Belleair Elementary School 5

Posted April 23, 2010
Belleair is an excellent, Mr. Ovalle is an excellent Principal, and all of the teachers are very good at what they do.

Posted April 20, 2010
We are such a diverse population with an atmosphere of acceptance and tolerance for everyone!!!

Posted April 20, 2010
We go above and beyond for our students and their families.

Posted April 20, 2010
Belleair has the best teachers and staff that nay school could ask for.

Posted April 20, 2010
I volunteer there. The kids are so loving and want so much to please. The teacher energy is incredible and the administration is so focused on the best interest of the students. What more could a person ask of a school?

Posted April 20, 2010
The love for the students is amazing and the students are the focus.

Belleair Elementary School
1156 Lakeview Road, Clearwater, FL  33756
Last modified Belleair Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Belleair Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top