758 students|Pinellas

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted September 03, 2015
I think It flows from the top down. However parents this is our primary responsibility.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted September 03, 2015
The teachers have the children interact in making these policies at the beginning of the year. The golden rule always works

Posted September 03, 2015
There is such warmth and dedication at this school from the staff and teachers. My daughters love it. The academics are on the appropriate level and the welcome parent involvement.

Eisenhower Elementary School 1

Posted August 05, 2014
I am hispanic married to an african american. We moved into the clearwater area and rented an apartment that was zoned for this school. The administration is fantastic...The teachers are kind...The students...Well, white is the minority. Majority of the Hispanic kids don't speak english. The ones that do, speak very broken, or lack great communication/comprehension skills. This is a problem since it slows down the overall learning time in the classroom. The area the school is zoned for is mostly nice nice nice high end homes, where kids are going to a charter or private school, the other homes are all DINGY apartment communities and tiny run down brick houses. I volunteered once for lunch, and I did not see ONE CHILD who packed his own lunch (expect mine) which leads me to belive that the families are poor or on welfare. There are kids with behavior issues and a uniform dress code is enforced. Later I find out this is a TITLE 1 school, which is under performing (not the schools fault.). Under the no child left behind act, any child who is advanced or gifted like mine are, will be PULLED behind. Please reconsider this zip code in general. Not a good school, no good housing.

Eisenhower Elementary School 4

Posted October 21, 2013
We were iffy about this school because of its rating but after our third grader has attended we love it. They take great pride and care of their students. Everyone is helpful and enjoyable.

Posted June 03, 2011
The rating system for this school does not do it justice. My kids have gone to this school for just a year, and it was the best thing that ever happened to them, especially for my youngest who has ADHD. They came from a school in the Chicago suburbs. My child went from the 10-20th percentile at the beginning of the year to the 85th -95th percentile by the end of the year. His lexile scores doubled. It has been the most amazing change I have ever seen or heard of, and we owe it to the teachers at this school. My 5th grader has maintained a steady improvement also, although he was already in a high percentile. Thanks Eisenhower!

Posted March 31, 2009
This school is one of the worst schools around. I don't feel that this school put's the welfare of the children first. I feel they rather see bad teacher's keep a job they can't do. I wouldn't even rate this school.

Posted May 18, 2008
I don't think you will find a more dedicated group of professionals anywhere. Our Principal, Mrs. Downes is a woman completely concerned with the educational welfare of each and every student. Check us out!

Posted October 26, 2003
My two older children started attending Isenhower in 2000 til 2002. let me tell you the years with Isenhower as been a wonderful one. know I get to spend 5 years more with the school. Due to my younger child who's in Kindergarten. She loves her teacher and her peers. The principle and teacher are always there to help in your child eduction. I recommend this school to anyone.

Eisenhower Elementary School 4

Posted May 13, 2003
I have a 5th grader and a Kindergartener at the school. My 5th grader is now completing his 6th year at Eisenhower. The teachers have been wonderful. He is a gifted student and the teachers have always worked very hard with him individually, to keep him challenged. It has been a great place, and I look forward to 5 more years at the school!

2800 Drew Street, Clearwater, FL  33759
Last modified Eisenhower Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.