Clearwater, FL
Students enrolled: 1,069

Posted August 10, 2015
This school is terrible. Our daughter has gone there for 2 yrs and went from being a straight A student to a slacker. She did nothing ( no homework, class work, participation, disrupted class) and with constant parenting conferences, calls, emails she was not held accountable at all! These teachers are so concerned with their bonuses to give a hoot about these kids' futures. It is just a job to most at this school. We went down there practically every week trying to get administration to listen to us and they would act like they would give consequences but there never were. How does this prepare the future of tomorrow if we as parents are suppose to work as a team with teachers? If we give her consequences at home but she doesn't get them at school how on earth is that preparing for her life? I don't really blame the teachers I blame the school as whole because the county has taken how teachers run their classrooms out of their hands and made them follow the PC handbook which eventually breeds complacency n contention with teachers where it's just a job. Give the power back to teachers - make them not afraid to lose their jobs if they correct a child for going down a wrong path- God knows our teachers didn't and we knew there was a cause n effect when we went into HS n college. Ridiculous. So if you want a school where Your kid can pick and choose what they're going to do- come home with Fs for 4 semesters yet the last week of school be promoted with 4 Fs and 2 sudden As than OGMS is the one for you!

Oak Grove Middle School
Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted August 10, 2015
There are none of these traits met at this facility. Maybe a handful of teachers that try but are ran down by the beauracrats that dictate whats best for our children.

Posted December 18, 2014
I recently move to this county and enrolled my son in this school. I have to say that I love they have uniforms. The orientation to 6th graders was great. I was concern he will get lost with all the period changes but they took their time to practice. Love the Web Portal program they have to communicate with teachers and see all the grades. The teachers respond very quickly to your request. Love the after school program they have and my son enjoys it. When there are issues with the students the school takes immediate action to discipline so it does not repeat again. The band director is great and has passion for music. The only thing I will give 3 stars is the education curriculm. I do not feel my son is being challenge in this school.

Posted April 08, 2014
ADMINISTRATION AND TEACHERS ARE WONDERFUL. VERY CONCERNED WITH SAFETY OF STUDENTS AND ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE. THE BAND DIRECTOR IS OUTSTANDING. VERY WELL ORGANIZED AND EXCELLENT PROGRAMS.

Posted March 03, 2014
School is just plan out horrible, the teachers are not very Good educators. As I took the timetto research this school I found that it's a school full of bully and fights. Kids of all learning capable learn the same. My child has adhd and so does half of the students there. If it's a program that's set up at this school for them, besides the free tutoring it has fell allot of kids and parents. I wish I knew how to find out if there Getting funded cause I would have been reported this School. In order for your child to succeed at this school you have to f do everything in your power to just get them the heck out. The resource officer is rude and very unprofessional. The principles sit behind her like she a guard dog, while our children fins for themselves. It's to late for me to get my child out this year, but I'm already trying to get my child enrolled somewhere else next year. Just a all around horrible School.

Posted April 10, 2012
As a teacher and a parent at this school, I love the school. The administration is very supportive of parents, students, and teachers. My son loves the school. The teachers are very helpful and go out of their way to help the students. My son has gone to the school for two years and I have taught there for three years. I can't imagine a better school to be a part of!

Oak Grove Middle School 2

Posted March 23, 2012
The lack of communication amongst the Asst Principals is terrible. They hand out punishments WEEKS after the child gets in trouble and the lack of compassion that some of the teachers and Asst Principals have is something to be desired. I am not happy with Oak Grove and I really wanted to feel good about my child attending this school but it is only a fair school.

Posted November 15, 2011
i went to ogms my last year of middle school as an advanced kid it was horrid compared to the middle school. i came from. most the teachers are incompetent and belived art and originalty is not important so as an artist i was angery when a teacher told me that "this is a place for learning not something as unimportant as art." my ears surely they trick me i could not belive what i had heard that from a teacher. there is a lot of bullying that teachers see then walk away as is if it wasnt their problem and the teaching is OK at best. i have said this many times that the school may look pretty and clean but its only there to distract you from the blood on the floor! ( seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Oak Grove Middle School 2

Posted April 06, 2011
My daughter attended 6th grade at Oak Grove after coming out of private school. She would come home often and tell me about fights among students, esp. between 7th & 8th graders. She seemed to like a majority of her teachers and complained abt only 1 of them who yelled at the students quite a bit. The most shocking thing to me was the fact that there was always a CPD officer "on guard" at the school. Between that and the fact that students were no longer allowed to use lockers, I was worried about my daughters safety. She told me that a teacher had explained to the kids that the lockers were no longer used because of drug and weapon problems in the recent past. And this is 12 to 15 year olds!!!!! Also, when my daughter came home asking for a nose piercing because girls at school had them, I decided it was time to find another school.

Posted January 03, 2011
I went to Oak Grove for 6th grade and most of 7th but then I had to move. I was so upset to move because the school is FANTASTIC! Parents think that its terrible but they dont go their the students do. They need to realize its not the teachers or staff doing a bad job. They need to contact the school board not just the staff and teachers. There is more going on than just teachers not responding to their emails. How many kids go to this school. Think how many teachers there are. Think about the papers that need graded and the life they have at home. Do you truely think that they are going to be able to respond to 50+ parent emails. NO! So please take in a students perspective on the matter of how they had it. THANK YOU!

Oak Grove Middle School
1370 South Belcher Road, Clearwater, FL  33764
Last modified Oak Grove Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oak Grove Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top