782 students|Pinellas

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

This is our second year here and we have had nothing but good experiences. Kindergarten was AWSEOME. They also have a strong PTA. My understanding was that there were a few years previously with a bad principal, but that has been fixed. The current principal is well liked by parents and staff and seems to do an excellent job.

Plumb has excellent teachers and caring staff... new principal is wonderful ! Student safety and academic performance is the priority. I am very happy with the school and all they do.

I have had 3 kids in 3rd, 5th, and now 2nd grade in the below teacher s class. In this short space, I can t express how grateful I am that my children are, and were in her class. She is a no-nonsense teacher, and does not put up with disrespect from the students. My second grader struggled with first grade but, since he has been in this teacher s class, his work and attitude have improved. It is not her job to love my child, that is MY JOB! I read and sign everything she sends home. This is why I know how my child is doing in class. If I need more information, I call the teacher personally , then if needed, I request a face to face conference. I firmly believe that teachers can t educate our children by themselves. They need the parents to take an active role in their children s education. From what I have read here, some of the parents believe that the teacher should be both teacher and loving parent. I am so pleased that my children were taught by this wonderful teacher.

Plumb Elementary is an outstanding school in all areas! My daughter has attended Plumb for the past 5 years and has been very successful! The teachers are very enthusiastic and ready to educate children to the fullest extent. I would highly recommend this school to anyone new to the area.

This school used to be a great school. Their used to be a wonderful science shack were children were active hands on learners. This has been replaced with a science video for the lesson. The art teacher at this school squashes children's creativity. One quote from her to a student in first grade was "I have a three year old at home that can draw better than you" . Where is the school that builds children's self confidence? Not here, instead the reality here is favoritism and unequal opportunities for learners. If you want your child to love learning DO NOT send them here.

I am extremely disappointed in where this school is heading. I have been with Plumb for a long time. Ever since the new administration was assigned to this school, the school has started going down hill fast! The new administration has no respect for their parents or teachers. I have had many of my friends leave the school for this reason or be placed on a waiting list for other schools ( Curtis or Pinellas Prep).

Plumb has been the called the 'jewel of Pinellas County'...it's a wonderful school...with warm and caring teachers and parents. I've had two kids go through, and both are honor students and one is gifted. It's the closest thing you'll get to a private school. Wonderful!

Wonderful school, great academics! Children have great academica foundations and excell at higher levels in other schools!

My daughter is finishing her last year at Plumb, the experience she had was wonderful. I highly recommend this school. Thanks to the great team!!!

My family has moved a lot and my son has been to 5 different elementary schools. 3 up north and 2 in Pinellas county. We have finally settled down and he has been at Plumb for 4th and 5th grade and it is the best school he has been to. His grades are better than ever. He has only been bullied once and it was taken care of immediately. His last Pinellas county school was full of bullying. He cried that he did not want to go to school in 3rd grade. Now at Plumb he loves school. The teachers are very easy to reach and from what my son says, very nice. He's made a lot of friends which is hard for him because he is shy. They have phys ed more often than some of his other schools and a few really good field trips this year.

Last modified Plumb Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.