Posted October 03, 2014
This school is an absolute joke! There is ZERO communication between the school and parents. Today was my sons picture day apparently, I had no idea. They never send any hand outs home. They make sure they send those fund raisers though. The teachers are great but the curriculum is horrendous. Once a week they send home a sheet with all the assignments for the week, which would be great if they were a little more detailed on what some of the assignments are. It's typed as if we sit in the rooms with the kids and know what they are talking about. They leave it up to your child to figure it out.. Good luck if you have a first or second grader. Someone needs to reassess the way things work at this school.

Posted August 12, 2011
This is a wonderful school. The teachers care so much about the kids. I have volunteered there for the past two years and have seen not only my kids teachers but my neighbors kids teachers taking extra time out of their lunch or before of after school helping kids with work or just talking to them because they don't seem to have anyone at home who does. Or the kid just needs some TLC. The school has things the kids can do outside of school time. The skating bus comes to get the kids, there's an environmental club, a journalism club, my daughter has been chosen to be a patrol next year. We've been to the fall festival, a spring carnival, Reading Under the Stars, a math and science night. Just so many things. This school really cares about its kids. The principal listens to what parents say and works to help change things. The assistant principal is out helping dismissal run well. Other teachers are all over the school when it lets out to make sure our kids get where there going safely. I love this school.

Ponce De Leon Elementary School 2

Posted October 23, 2009

Posted October 20, 2009

Ponce De Leon Elementary School 0

Posted August 06, 2009
love this school Teachers are great with the kids and help the kids with extra reading and math. I could go to a school right next to my house and work, but I won't take them out of Ponce

Posted July 05, 2009
I have had two children in this school. My daughter is now entering HS and my son the 3rd grade. This school has great leadership and teachers that help to make the IEP a reality.

Posted April 02, 2009
it is the best school everrrrrr!!!!!! my child attends it and its the besttt ever i recomend this school to everybody even parents whos kids have disabillities or language disorders ponce is the right pleace for every one

Posted December 04, 2008
RUN! The communication at this school is horrible. I would not recommend this school to anyone. The principle is rude and uncaring, and if you are having problems with a teacher, 'good luck', cause you won't find help from her (the principle). I think pinellas county schools need to come up with a better hiring system and stop hiring anyone who walks through the door with a degree and hire more people who actullay care about the education and wellbeing of the children.

Ponce De Leon Elementary School 0

Posted November 08, 2008
My son's previous school has been closed down. The teachers morale was horrible there so, I am very happy with Ponce De Leon school as his teacher is positive, caring, and communicates with the parents which is great. I should have put my son in this school when he was going to kindergarten he is now in second grade. I believe he would have been happier. My only concerns are not with the school but, with the before and after school care that is on the school grounds. They are allowing toys and hand held games to be brought and I feel the money parents pay for this care should be scheduled group activities. I also see no supervision when the children are asking to get a drink or bathroom-I see them running all around and to me that is a risk.

Ponce De Leon Elementary School 3

Posted October 24, 2008
I am rating between two to three stars due to lack of communication, school spirit (no t-shirts & timing of functions) and general condition of school when compared to other schools in the area. I know education is the most important area in a school and i believe my son is getting an excellent eductaion but school pride and spirit go a long way to helping pride in school and getting the children excited about subjects. I am not just a complainer -- i would be extremely happy to do anything to help raise the school spirit and help with vendors.

Ponce De Leon Elementary School
1301 Ponce De Leon Boulevard, Clearwater, FL  33756
Last modified Ponce De Leon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ponce De Leon Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top