PK, 9-12
Clearwater, FL
Students enrolled: 2,205

Posted March 08, 2015
Best school in Pinellas county. You get what you put in... if you put in f- work your gonna get a f- but if you actually try a little you can succeed here.

Posted March 07, 2015
In love with this school. left palm harbor to go here and I couldn't be happier, my gpa has gone up and I am starting early collage in the spring.

Countryside High School 2

Posted August 12, 2014
I went to CHS for my freshman and sophomore years and those were okay years. But the staff are so mean, the teachers are overworked, stressed, and they're also mean. Too fast of a pace for learning. I failed so I will be repeating sophomore year AT DUNEDIN HIGH SCHOOL. I will stay away from CHS for good. Terrible staff! Terrible teachers! Hallways are too crowded to walk through without being late to class. Honestly. Terrible.
3 people found this helpful

Posted June 24, 2013
Countryside HS's strength is the principal, Mr. Schlereth. The county office needs to back off as they are clueless.

Countryside High School 1

Posted October 18, 2012
I went to Countryside, and I hated it. The only bright side was that 90% of the teachers were amazing. They cared, and gave ample help to those who needed it. The administration, however, was entire consumed with the idea of punishing students. It got to the point where freshmen would ask how to get something done and all we'd say is "Have a parent call, otherwise they won't listen.". The guidance program is awful; whenever you need to find a councilor ( which is always a last resort), they are never in the office. I found that the only way to get a meeting with a councilor was to wait outside their door, even missing classes to wait until one finally showed up. The receptionists were often rude and patronizing, and every other week a fight is breaking out. I wouldn't go back if you payed me a million dollars.

Posted May 26, 2011
rrr rrr rr r r r r r r r r r r r r r

Posted October 13, 2010
Best teachers in Pinellas County!!

Posted April 17, 2010
Countryside is a very good high school and one of the best public schools in the Pinellas county area as previously stated. The sports programs are some of the best in the state, although the only one they care about is football. Most of the teachers are nice to the students or at least helpful. Drama, Band and TV Production are also excellent. The building is a little old and outdated even though they just 'updated' it recently (Thats if you consider new ceiling tiles updating). The school is crowded, with a few portable classrooms. There doesn't seem to be enough funding because teachers often have to buy extra supplies for their students out of their own pockets, pens, pencils, ect., but that isn't really that surprising in these times. The text books are several years old and falling apart. But it is still an excellent high school.

Posted January 15, 2009
Countryside is a very good high school and one of the best public schools in the Pinellas county area. Track, Soccer, and Volleyball programs are some of the best in the state. Majority of the teachers are nice, or at the very least helpful, to the students. Drama club and Band are also excellent, the band is playing halftime at the Super Bowl this year. The downsides are that the building is old and outdated, the school is very crowded, especially after the choice fiasco, and its underfunded by the state. Teachers often have to buy extra supplies for their students out of their own pockets, pens, pencils, ect., and the texts are often several years old.(I technically have 2 calculus books, 1 with all the text and information, the other is the detached cover for the book.) It is still an excellent high school to send your children to.

Posted September 29, 2008
CHS has a great ESOL program. Coming from a spanish country I did not speak any English but with the help of all the great and caring teachers, I learned the language jsut fine. I graduated in 2004 and whenever I thin of my high school years I do it with a lot of happinnes and love because I truly think they have great teachers there.And for those parents and student complaining of the teachers, they can only help those kids who are willing to receive the help, and if the kids are too rebellius or lack of interest there is nothing the teachers can do. I truly love this school.......

3000 Highway 580, Clearwater, FL  33761
Last modified Countryside High School is a Public school that serves grades PK, 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Countryside High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top