795 students|Pinellas

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted October 28, 2015
Excellent teachers that really care about the children. Very clean school. Lots of creativity in the school & classroom. My child loves to go to school! I'm very satisfied with the education that my child is receiving.

Posted November 19, 2013
Davis has an amazing team of caring teachers and a wonderful administration. I have two children in Leila and we love the community feel! It is a public school GEM!!

Posted October 22, 2013
Teachers are very nurturing, care for their students and challenge them to do their best. Could not be happier with this school.

Leila Davis Elementary School 4

Posted March 20, 2012
Pretty good school, good teachers and all day gifted. I get a good education there, but some of the teachers are a little jerkish. Sometimes the G.P teachers seem a little unorganized/unprepared, and their Quiz Bowl system is unfair, it's still fun and we learn some amazing things at G.P. The only problem is lunch. Lunch should be a time to enjoy your lunch and talk with friends after a long day of work, but the staff is full of lunch moms who are angry because they don't get paid and force the students to not talk, and if you even cough while the lights are off you are sent to the 'wall' (a bunch of desks lined up against the wall that serves as a punishment to misbehaving kids). Also if you owe money for over three days or something they give you moldy cheese sandwiches, which is kinda fair if you don't replenish your lunch money account.

Leila Davis Elementary School 3

Posted July 17, 2011
This school used to be excellent, but is not even close to what it was. Mrs. Hill was good as an Asst Principal but way over her head as a Principal. The art teacher is horrible and truly makes the kids HATE art! School now is average at best...Both my children attended from K-5. A 4th grade teacher yells at the students to the point my son was stressed everyday. When I volunteered in class I couldn't believe that the teacher stood at the front and screamed at the top of her lungs. It's common knowledge at the school, but no one does anything about it...

Posted March 13, 2011
I have three children who currently attend Davis. It is a wonderful school with dedicated and passionate teachers. The parent involvement is excellent as well. I am happy to have my children attend Davis, and am very satisfied with the education they are receiving there.

Leila Davis Elementary School 3

Posted September 30, 2010
Excellent school for children in the gifted program. In fact, it's the all-day gifted program that that gives this school it's high test scores. A decent school for non-gifted/average children, however, this is one of the worst schools for your child to attend if he/she has any type of LD, even a mild LD, or even just struggles in a subject area.

Leila Davis Elementary School 1

Posted April 07, 2010
I have two daughters who have studied at this school. I already chaged the school for my youngest child. I didn't d do it for the older because she is just close to graduate from Elementary. The school is more famous than reality. It has teachers who insult and yell at students becoming bullies for the students. The Cafeteria that should be a place of rest and recreation for students is a place where employees are rude. The class of art is has become a horror for students. When you try to talk to the Principal does not do anything about it. I am counting the days for my daugther to leave this school. In the begining I thought that was the system of public schools, but when I switch to my youngest child to another public school I realized I was wrong.

Posted November 02, 2009
I am a grandparent, who works at a charter school in polk county. I am so impressed with Leila Davis, and so thankful that our grandchildren are a part of this school. The gifted program is exceptional! Everytime my husband and I visit, everyone is so friendly and welcoming. A Great School!!!

Leila Davis Elementary School

Posted October 22, 2009
The teachers are hands on and dedicated. The school is a safe environment to learn.

Leila Davis Elementary School
2630 Landmark Drive, Clearwater, FL  33761
Last modified Leila Davis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.