Posted May 02, 2014
Clw Fundemental is a great middle school. Not only do they hold the students accountable for their actions, the parents are involved and in the know. Having to sign every piece of homework, test, quizzes, and demerits their child receives. I like the strictness with the demerits and detentions of a fundamental school. The school has it's act together and produce well educated children (just look at the schools test scores.)

Posted April 03, 2014
Clearwater Fundamental Middle School is solid ground for my grandson to build on for his future.

Posted January 05, 2014
My sons didn't attend an elementary fundamental school. The eldest of the two did NOT want to have anything to do with a fundamental middle school! Accepting the invitation to the program was one of the single best decisions I've ever made. My son had not been encouraged by strong and positive teachers since attending a private school during 1st and 2nd grade. All of his teachers at CFMS never stopped encouraging him. He made honor roll from his second semester of 6th grade throughout his completion of 8th grade. Our second son has been an honor roll student since attending grade school. He is also flourishing at CFMS. I'll be completing the application during the allotted time for our daughter to attend CFMS in the 2013-2014 school year. With strong ties, positive encouragement, and guidance, I know that our daughter WILL also fly high at Clearwater Fundamental Middle School. Beautiful campus. High ranking teachers. More than capable new principal. Straight-forward & zero tolerance for bullying, drugs, violence, and/or non-fundamental policies on campus. I love, love, love the assistant principal, Mr. Kurek, too. The SAC & PTA are top rated! Beautiful school.

Posted August 03, 2013
This is a really great school! My son came from a private school and completed 6th grade last year. At first it was bumpy because it took him awhile to make friends, but he did and fit right in. All the teachers, guidance counselor and administrators were very prompt at emailing me back whenever I had questions, and they were always very positive and willing to help. I feel they are genuine and really care about helping the children succeed as individuals. The vice principal is very serious about any bullying and reacts appropriately...my son feels very safe at this school. The before and after-care program run through the YMCA onsite is an absolutely wonderful program with great counselors and fun clubs for the kids. They also give the kids time to do their homework. We are very comfortable with the atmosphere of this school and are really impressed with the quality teachers. We are hoping the new principal will continue on the same successful course that has been put in place!

Clearwater Fundamental Middle School 3

Posted July 17, 2012
While I absolutely love the principal and the philosophy of the fundamental school, the children I have encountered here are worse than any of the students we've dealt with in the public middle schools. My oldest son went to Carwise middle then on to Palm Harbor IB and is now leaving for Cornell University, my daughter went to Tarpon middle and is now a sophomore in IB at Palm Harbor on the same track. I felt my youngest needed a little more structure so elected to try fundamental. He has been exposed to more junk through those kids than I ever had come home from the other 2 schools. Sex, drugs, fights, and bullying. Yes, the principal addresses it after the fact, however I thought the occurrences would be less when in fact, because the school is smaller, all students are more aware of everything that's happening so there is no sheltering. The other schools are so large that if they have a good peer group & stick with those kids, the other junk is not so "in their face" as it is at the fundamental. I have found some parents to feel that just because they are attending that school and go to a few required PTA mtgs, they are doing their job well & that is concerning!

Posted July 18, 2011
We are entering our 3rd & final yr. @ CFMS. Although the beginning was a bit rocky, we never 2nd guessed our decision. We were commited to a philosophy lost throughout the yrs.; that school is for education, comradery & leadership. Children spend more time at school than at home. Peers can affect their decision-making regardless of upbringing For this reason we felt an environment that builds on character & integrity was cruicial. That is exactly what we found at CFMS. Academic excellence, responsibility, honesty & "Do the right thing" are consistently reminded as well as enforced. There will always be certain areas which may not be perfect but overall it is an excellent school! My daughter is a proud Trailbrazer and we will both miss it dearly when she graduates this year!

Posted June 26, 2010
Awesome faculty & staff! This school has a great sense of community. Even after moving and doubling in size, CFMS students & staff maintained their integrity. I very happy to have a kid there.

Clearwater Fundamental Middle School 0

Posted April 03, 2010
Coachmen is ok. academic wise its good. social wise is good but coachmen can be a bit boring. some teachers are strick while others are alright. the food is pretty bad! but over all the school is a 3.9/5.0

Posted June 29, 2009
My son didn't go to a fundamental elementary school, so it was very hard for him to decide on Coachman Fundamental three years ago, because most of his friends were going to Oak Grove Middle. But then Coachman has good kids and nice teachers, my son made new friends fast and was happy to be there. He and his good friends will go to Palm Harbor University HS this fall. Thank you Coachman teachers and staffs for the good work, special thanks to Ms. Underwood who cares so much about our children.

Clearwater Fundamental Middle School 0

Posted June 24, 2009
Two of our children have went to Coachman. I would recommend this school to children that need a more structured learning environment

Clearwater Fundamental Middle School
1660 Palmetto Street, Clearwater, FL  33755
Last modified Clearwater Fundamental Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Clearwater Fundamental Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top